April 16, 2024, 08:39:15 AM

Author Topic: Community Card Construction - Making a level 4 Nightmare Creature  (Read 51430 times)

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Community Card Construction - Making a level 4 Nightmare Creature
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2015, 01:03:05 PM »
Maybe it is time for Aaron to collect all our comments, with or without the nightmare aspect, and create some example cards we can base our future discussion around.

Right now it seems like we are a bit stuck. Psychic or Force based nightmare, or not a Nightmare? Forcemaster aid or not? Big body or ability speced? Cantrip, Incorporeal, other? Level 4 or maybe lower? Anti-psychic or theme based?

Personally I think we have made quite a lot of progress since the last poll, so everything we voted for before could possibly be tweaked a little.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »
I do think now is the time to make some of these ideas and see them "in action". I'm working to make time where I can do just that.

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2015, 04:23:11 AM »
Ah, the pleasures of designing something by committee  ;)

gerni

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2015, 03:02:54 PM »
No Dota players here?  ::)

Some ideas working with sleep, but also affecting the enemy mage:

When Nightmare is in play, ending sleep inflicts 3 dice of direct damage to the creature that ends the sleep.

When sleep is ended through any attack, the sleep condition changes onto the attacker (If the creature cannot receive sleep, it gets dazed).

As a quick action, Nightmare can end sleep without any of the above effects (as well as the Daze condition).

As a full action, Nightmare can flip the action marker of a non-mage (enemy?) creature in its zone.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 03:08:04 PM by gerni »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2015, 06:18:10 AM »
Shadow demon
mind level 2 & dark level 2
range 0 - 2
15 mana

Life -
Armor -
Melee -

Cantrip

When shadow demon enters play it gains Life, armor, and all trait and attack options attached to a creature in its zone. Shadow demon cannot have enchantments attached to it.

"My greatest challenge was to overcome myself." - Akiro

Ok I like this,  however however how about make this a Doppelganger instead, in the mind school, that requires the casting mage to have a copy of the card and this card goes behind, like an enchantment, and it is the only way to by pass legendary, epic etc. This means that Forcemaster can have creatures, but they are copies of your Creatures.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2015, 09:35:31 AM »
I'm actually making a few of the concepts today. Hopefully they turn out well.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »
Well, i figure you guys have been waiting long enough, so I'll just post things as I make them. It's probably going to be pretty sporadic. But here across the next few days we should see some of these ideas take shape. The first one is kinda a crazy Idea I had while watching all the ideas you guys came up with. Yes, it's psychic, but it's also clearly meant to eat your opponent's brain. And just to be clear this is an idea, it is not balanced. Enjoy.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »

Well, i figure you guys have been waiting long enough, so I'll just post things as I make them. It's probably going to be pretty sporadic. But here across the next few days we should see some of these ideas take shape. The first one is kinda a crazy Idea I had while watching all the ideas you guys came up with. Yes, it's psychic, but it's also clearly meant to eat your opponent's brain. And just to be clear this is an idea, it is not balanced. Enjoy.

I'm not entirely sure what this idea is supposed to be, unless it is supposed to just be a more powerful replacement for the invisible stalker whose attack also happens to be psychic.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2015, 12:00:32 PM »
Here is that nightmare eater idea. As I said before he's in no way balanced right now. The cool thing he can do right now is put a Mage to sleep.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »

I'm not entirely sure what this idea is supposed to be, unless it is supposed to just be a more powerful replacement for the invisible stalker whose attack also happens to be psychic.

Look at the new part. The thing I thought was interesting was using the dissipate as it's "hit points" instead of traditional life. But clearly, that's not gotten through. It's all good. I'm going to try and work through a couple of the other ideas today as well.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 02, 2015, 12:06:19 PM »
very interesting:

Nonliving creatures treat (NAME) as Invisible.

What happens if it attacks a non-living creature?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 02, 2015, 12:12:21 PM »
Right now, I would say nothing, though I'm noticing that I forgot to make the normal attack on it psychic. Oh well. I can fix that after lunch, however maybe this could work for the creature? Obviously we don't want something that just eats nonliving creatures without recourse, even though it would be slow.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 02, 2015, 01:24:51 PM »
Last one for today. I made a concept of the force knight. He's meant to make those around him weaker, and he feeds off their weakness. That's what the daze mechanic is meant to do. I'll be back tomorrow with some of the other ideas. Feel free to discuss. if you feel that these ideas are way off base just let me know, this is meant to represent what you all want.

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 02, 2015, 01:35:14 PM »
Last one for today. I made a concept of the force knight. He's meant to make those around him weaker, and he feeds off their weakness. That's what the daze mechanic is meant to do. I'll be back tomorrow with some of the other ideas. Feel free to discuss. if you feel that these ideas are way off base just let me know, this is meant to represent what you all want.

"Nightmare Knight"? This should obviously be called Knightmare.

Also, why do all of these have the Force subtype? Psychic seems more appropriate (at least for some of them).

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 02, 2015, 01:39:44 PM »
I thought the middle one had no subtype. And this is why i've been wanting to make these guys, so that we can fiddle with them and make them what you all want :)