March 29, 2024, 04:52:35 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!  (Read 284571 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »
'House! you take care of yourself! Hope you see you next tournament! Always a pleasure to see your matches
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 11:03:29 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2016, 12:24:46 AM »
ad_yer vs Biblofilter this Friday at 10 AM Chicago time :)

If anyone wants to cast/comment and judge we be real happy!

Spectators is of course always nice :)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

reyda

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Dispenser of indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2016, 12:56:03 AM »
I just had my match against RomeoXero, that was a blast! I played the Johktari Beastmaster, and he played a zombie-happy Arraxian Crown Warlock.

The Beastmistress started by moving two spaces to the near center and popping a pair of flowers, for decorative purposes. The Warlock stayed in his corner, played a pair of mana crystals and started spawning Zombie Brutes like they were going out of style. The BM responded with two Spitting Raptors and set them on his crystals. The mage helped with Kajarah in hand, but was too scared of the three Brutes guarding the Warlock to make any kind of reckless approach. The Warlock had something else in mind... on his initiative, the BM got teleported in the pit of zombies and Tanglevine'd in place. A Teleport bound to a Mage Wand saved the Johktari from this tricky situation. In retaliation, the Brutes made short work of one of the raptors, and converted him to dark side with a Rise Again. Curseweaving ensured that this curse would get a few other uses during the match, to the Johktari's great dismay.

A Ghoul Rot, a Magebane and a Deathlock put a steady stream of unmitigable damage on the BM, while she was struggling to get creatures out (she somehow forgot how to cast a Lair). The Beastmistress fled the Warlock and his undead horrors as much as she could, in between summoning a few canines to help with the action advantage. Redclaw, a Timber Wolf and a couple of Foxes tried their best to reach the Deathlock, pumped up by Rajan's Fury, but found Walls of Bones in their way several times. They diverted their attention to the Warlock when he came by, and helped close the damage gap a bit. They all eventually fell to the various Flameblasts and heavy blows from the Zombie Brutes, while the Johktari was licking her wounds in the opposite corner of the arena, gearing up and bringing in more foxes as reinforcements. The Warlock eventually stepped too close to the heat, and got a Boulder to the face for his troubles, slamming him and dealing 10 damage. Another high-rolling Boulder during the next first quickcast phase ensured that this Warlock would never again curse or burn a poor animal.

Lessons learned : double check your spellbook to see if you haven't forgotten something important like oh say a spawnpoint for your myriad of creatures. Nullifies save lives. Rise Again is a pain in the back, and prevents your creatures from resting in peace in your discard pile where they could at least net you a nice rebate on Slavörg's mana cost.

Thanks again for the game, RomeoXero! And thanks to coshade, Puddnhead and Sharkbait who joined us to stream the game!

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »
What a bummer! Was looking forward to meeting you again.
Good luck with your RL stuff  :D

I sent a pm to coshade, but I need to withdraw from the tournament.
Too much in RL work etc going on for me to dedicate or schedule time for this.
Maybe next time!
Thanks guys.
Gregg
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2016, 08:33:36 AM »
I will be doing an update for current standings today as well as releasing a bunch of videos from the tournament!

For now i would like to welcome BigL16 to be filling in Gdieckaus's spot! I have updated the front to reflect that as well

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »
I will be doing an update for current standings today as well as releasing a bunch of videos from the tournament!

For now i would like to welcome BigL16 to be filling in Gdieckaus's spot! I have updated the front to reflect that as well

W00t!  Go BigL16!!   :D
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2016, 09:18:15 AM »

W00t!  Go BigL16!!   :D

lol I'll try and represent the 613

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2016, 11:45:54 AM »
Match Update

Group B Sharkbait vs Werekingdom - TONIGHT at around 1900 Central (AD time, chicago time, pick your favorite notation)
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2016, 01:15:55 PM »
Match Update

Group B Sharkbait vs Werekingdom - TONIGHT at around 1900 Central (AD time, chicago time, pick your favorite notation)

Great game SharkBait, thanks for playing.  I learned a lot from the match.
Kill with Tanglevine

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2016, 08:52:43 AM »
Sorry it took me a bit to get to this, but great match Werekingdom! You played very well, good luck in the future games of the group :)
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2016, 08:55:08 AM »
ad_yer vs me starting in a few minutes  :P

ad_yer is going to try and stream and im retty sure gw is going to watch!

You are welcome to join us!

Biblo
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2016, 09:07:09 AM »
BigL16 and I are playing tomorrow Saturday April 2nd, 1pm UTC-4 (7pm UTC+2). Would any commentator be available for our match?

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »
If anyone has the time/energy to watch my first match which was against Biblo and comment about my strategy/technique and what I could to improve. It would be much appreciated. It was only my 3rd or 4th time ever using a Priest but I play the Priestess a lot so I have a general sense of what to do. I was able to watch most of the video and listening to Coshade commentate definitely made me feel better as he was very complimentary to some of my strategy but I really would like to get better and taking any advice would be useful.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
If anyone has the time/energy to watch my first match which was against Biblo and comment about my strategy/technique and what I could to improve. It would be much appreciated. It was only my 3rd or 4th time ever using a Priest but I play the Priestess a lot so I have a general sense of what to do. I was able to watch most of the video and listening to Coshade commentate definitely made me feel better as he was very complimentary to some of my strategy but I really would like to get better and taking any advice would be useful.
I would recommend you open a thread on your match, post your book and opening strategy and what you think you did right and wrong, then ask for comments and suggestions. Please have a thick skin, with many players English is not their first language so wording can be lets say course, it truly is meant to be helpful not hurtful. Many of these players are very good at the game.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2016, 09:01:39 PM »
ad_yer (Priestress) conceded vs Biblofilter (Forcemaster) in a very very long game.

I played a Spiked Anchor Forcemaster with 2 Devouring Jellies instead of Jelly+Grizzly, something I regretted in the beginning of the match.

ad-yer responded with a Heavy Bridge Troll (armor from crown of protection and enchantments), a Tele-Wand and a Temple of Lightning. I soon had to run for cover in my starting cover, but made a good and somewhat lucky recovery.

With 4 armor + Vet Belt on his mage, amazing healing/life gain and his remove condition markers ability countering my Jellies corrodes its no wonder I struggled to put any damage on him.

He did himself have problems with sufficient damage output and had he had one or two attack spells im pretty it would have been devastating for me.

Naturally I would like to add a Magebane/Poison Blood or something like that.

Or rather a fatigue Forcemaster would have done better I think.

Thanks for the game ad_yer!  ;D
and thanks to the patient spectators as well.

"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever