April 29, 2024, 03:26:16 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!  (Read 288897 times)

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 02:56:18 AM »
Johktari beastmaster played by Werekingdom easily snuffed out the life of priest of Malakai played by Rinc.

Thats congratulations number two from me!

Werekingdom 1 - 0 Rinc.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 10:29:44 AM »
Group B - rant (p00pstar on OCTGN) v Sharkbait

Scheduled for Sat. 2 April at 1000 Central US timezone (Arcane Duels time, UTC - 5, pick your notation). I'll probably record the match like I did with my previous one unless we get another caster that wants to live stream it.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2016, 10:36:31 AM »
Just letting you guys know I will update the current standings and release all of the videos this (and every week from) Wednesday! We've had a lot of amazing matches so far!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2016, 10:43:58 AM »
Should we just go on and arrange/play more matches or should we wait for other matches in our group to finish.

Any particular order the matches should be played in?

I'm in favor of just play as many matches as possible as fast as possible, but I do think there's an advantage in  waiting.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2016, 11:21:19 AM »
Hey Biblo nice questions!

You guys are more then welcome to play more matches then the scheduled ones. I'm trying to give out suggested matches so we have at least 1 game a week for everyone. You could theoretically play all your matches today if everyone had time (for round robin)! Just make sure you both agree that the match you play will be the official match. If you could just email me with the mage you used and who won afterwards it would help me record everything for when I update. Also I would prefer if everyone posted the times of matches on this forum, just for commentators to know ahead of time to join the game for videos.

Also a lot of people have been sending me videos of their game. I highly encourage more players to do this if they can! I'm really enjoying how this tournament is going so far! I also find it interesting that we've had a lot of Johktaris and Priests.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:28:20 AM by Coshade »

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2016, 12:03:33 PM »
Arxiducs vs Wstrząśnięty is scheduled for tomorrow at 15:30 (GMT+2, 8:30 Chicago) and I would be glad to have someone casting the fight.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:22 AM »
Kaarin vs gw
Saturday 2nd , 1930 GMT+2

1730 GMT = 1230 ArcaneWonders Forum (Central US)
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2016, 09:49:45 AM »
Arxiducs vs Wstrząśnięty is scheduled for tomorrow at 15:30 (GMT+2, 8:30 Chicago) and I would be glad to have someone casting the fight.
Unfortunately Arxiducs had connection problems and forfeited the match. It was Beastmaster (Arx) vs Fire Wizard (Wstrz).

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »
Tonight at 10 30 eastern standard time (usa Connecticut/ Canada Quebec time) myself and reyda will be having our first match. Some holiday celebration on both sides delayed the match until now but feel free to tune in and watch my ridiculous floundering, live! Lol!
I love this game. Its awesome!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »
Tonight at 10 30 eastern standard time (usa Connecticut/ Canada Quebec time) myself and reyda will be having our first match. Some holiday celebration on both sides delayed the match until now but feel free to tune in and watch my ridiculous floundering, live! Lol!

I'll be there to stream it!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2016, 03:28:07 PM »

You've been playing Mage Wars for months, haven't you? No ridiculous floundering allowed. :P

You can do this!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »
RomeoXero and I are playing our match on Tuesday night atouts 9:30 pm eastern time (0830 Chicago time). If someone wants to cast or spectate our game, feel free to join us!
So, which one is it?

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2016, 07:25:09 PM »
Me and Frozen had our match today.
I played the Johktari Beastmaster and Frozen played the Straywood Beastmaster, it was the battle of the sexes!

We both played very offensive books, Frozen had initiative and start out by moving two steps towards the center and deployed a Battle Forge.
I started out by moving two steps and placing two face-down enchantments on my mage.

The next round I revealed Bear Strength and Lion Savagery and attack his Battle Forge, it survived but my quick cast Geyser killed the forge. Frozen responded by summoning a Wychwood Hound and a Steelclaw Grizzly that he made into his pet.

After that we were almost always in constant battle with a few exceptions where we went away to recover and change approach to the game.

After a very fun game to play, I came out on top. Sharkbait specced and recorded the game so if you're interested in watching the VoD check out his channel.
Octagon user: Drefan

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2016, 07:26:41 PM »
That's a good question. I thought i said 10 30 but o should prolly look into that. And I've been playing mage wars for more than a year, I've just gotten on octgn recently
I love this game. Its awesome!

gdieckhaus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2016, 09:50:06 PM »
I sent a pm to coshade, but I need to withdraw from the tournament.
Too much in RL work etc going on for me to dedicate or schedule time for this.
Maybe next time!
Thanks guys.
Gregg
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess