April 29, 2024, 09:02:36 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!  (Read 288929 times)

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »
Yup another holy loss for me.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2016, 08:19:59 AM »
Frozen and I are playing on monday 7pm UTC+4. Any castors available then?

Is that 10AM Arcane Duels time? (CDT)

CDT is UTC-5, so 10am it is.

Sorry, got the time zones confused. It's 7pm UTC+2 (Central Europe) of course!

I won't be able to cast it as I'm at work, but I may be able to record.  I'll try to be around when you guys start today.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »
Theasaris and I played on Saturday.  Him playing a Bloodwave Warlord and myself playing a Straywood Beastmaster. 

I was able to get out my 3 Animal Kinship totems with a Darfenne Asp, Wychwood Hound, and a Bear Strength where Theasaris went with a couple of enchanted Minotaurs.  I had a couple lucky rolls early (e.g. 10 damage on 9 dice attacking vs a Minotaur) but in the end better play by Theasaris allowed him to outlast my early game and my late swarm of little creatures wasn't enough to keep me in the game.  I had to forfeit a bit early, but the game was pretty much already won by Theasaris.

Congrats!

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »
Sorry to miss it.  Sounds like it was fun!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2016, 11:19:18 AM »
Seems like the games are going pretty well.

@coshade: Is it possible to list rankings and future matchups?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »
Always use UTC when scheduling things with more than one person in different time zones...
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2016, 03:31:21 AM »
Today, Tuesday 16 GMT mystery vs ad_yer
Friday, 12-16 GMT (exact time to be announced) mystery vs biblofilter
Friday 17 GMT Thunderdome G Final Mystery vs afish_called_gert (http://www.foren.pegasus.de/foren/topic/26073-thunderdome-g-spielberichte-decks-analysen-wissenswertes/)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2016, 10:41:14 AM »
Today, Tuesday 16 GMT mystery vs ad_yer
Friday, 12-16 GMT (exact time to be announced) mystery vs biblofilter
Friday 17 GMT Thunderdome G Final Mystery vs afish_called_gert (http://www.foren.pegasus.de/foren/topic/26073-thunderdome-g-spielberichte-decks-analysen-wissenswertes/)

I can definitely stream today's match! Also very excited for the Thunderdome G final :D
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

reyda

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Dispenser of indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2016, 10:45:16 AM »
I don't have power at the moment, unless it comes back soon I'll have to reschedule the match if it's ok with mystery. Sorry everyone :(

Edit : power outage is supposed to last for three hours, which leaves me with little time to play afterwards. Unless it comes back in the next two hours, mystery has agreed to postpone our match until tomorrow, same time. Thanks for being a sport about it, mystery! Apologies to casters and spectators for that unwanted delay.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:30:24 AM by reyda »

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »
your home lost power? ok lets see if it comes back, shouldnt take extremly long i assume. I can wait for some time

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2016, 11:21:58 AM »
If anyone has the time/energy to watch my first match which was against Biblo and comment about my strategy/technique and what I could to improve. It would be much appreciated. It was only my 3rd or 4th time ever using a Priest but I play the Priestess a lot so I have a general sense of what to do. I was able to watch most of the video and listening to Coshade commentate definitely made me feel better as he was very complimentary to some of my strategy but I really would like to get better and taking any advice would be useful.

Dude! You played very well. I think you should consider what Sike said and  post your book up! It really helps us all evaluate and try and give good advice

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »
Seems like the games are going pretty well.

@coshade: Is it possible to list rankings and future matchups?

Hey there!

If you want current standings you can check it out here!

--> http://arcaneduels.challonge.com/ADMW

Also I posted all the mages used in the front of this thread for reference

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2016, 11:58:48 AM »
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that I updated the current standings! If I missed any games please let me know and I'll get it up to date. We've had some amazing games so far and I can't wait to see how some of these brackets turn out

Good luck and have fun~!

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »
thanks for the nice game today with ad_yer.

Even though this tournament doesnt force you to play the weak mages as you only have maximum 7 games (so skip warlord, priest, beastmasters for example), i wanted to go for the warlord. The bloodwave one, the idea is mainly evolved around strong bridge trolls and some equipment. I was facing a wizard, very hard matchup.
And it was an earth wizard, expecting charmyna like hell builds I had to be a bit on the offense, but as my set up also takes time and the guarding iron golem is nothing to ignore, i made a very slow approach.

The game was though and not very clear, when the jelly died with a ballista shot and a warlord attack (i had ini next turn so a rock could have followed) I was slightly ahead and could pull it out.

In the end ad_yer disconnected but we agreed to leave it, prepared cards where arcane ward (for the poison blood) and dissolve (for whatever comes) from him and i had an vet belt from the forge a purify (if i get arcane warded on the pb) and a dispel (if he nullifys me). So he would have dissolved the vet belt directly (but i have another for next round), and i purify myself so arcane ward wont help. and second action i heal myself with the wand again. He will get two attacks from the orc and troll and my other two creatures keep up.

So net he would have got nothing out of that round and so on, he is just to much behind in actions, and with chitin armor, vet belt, harshforgeplate, an elemtal wand for acid ball and the action advantage it was clear.

Thanks for the game, it was close

Powlich

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2016, 04:40:13 AM »
Today Powlich (priestess) played vs. Werekingdom (Straywood Beastmaster)

Werekingdom played a lair with harmonize in his central zone. I moved to my central zone and played battle forge (for discount rings and armor mostly). Next round I played Brogan with a arcane ward face down. I realized next round that I can't cast the bear strengt i had in hand, since arcane ward also cancels my spells. So no bear strength Brogan this time... At least I had Bim-shalla to give him a total of 5 attack dice. Brogan got tanglevined, so it would take one more round before it could enter his zone with the lair.

With Brogans 5 dice, I think he rolled about 7 on average during the rest of the game. A grizzly was easilly killed with 3 strikes from Brogan. Then his mage started to taste his blade. Werekingdom cast some asps and bats from his lair, but they didn't do the work very well. I also had a Knight of westlock with bear strengt to get rid of the guarding bats, and he later assistant Brogan with the killing of the mage.

I was lucky with both the mage matchup, and with the rolls. I still hope my opponent had a good time playing the game. :)