April 29, 2024, 01:22:23 PM

Author Topic: Gen Con Arena Tournament Roll Call  (Read 35146 times)

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
Re: Gen Con Arena Tournament Roll Call
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 09:51:10 PM »
Welcome rant! Remember the Lady Jimillia is also in the tournament, she's says to you "like wise." 😆

My sincerest apologies. I did not mean to exclude anyone in my path of destruction. 

Can't wait to meet everyone
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »
Welcome rant! Remember the Lady Jimillia is also in the tournament, she's says to you "like wise." 😆

My sincerest apologies. I did not mean to exclude anyone in my path of destruction. 

Can't wait to meet everyone
It's good to know we have high level female players that I have heard of lol. Not saying they don't exist, I had just never heard of one before Millie.
I am not trying to offend anyone.
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2017, 12:54:41 AM »
Lol you did not offend Millie I can promise you that Rant. We understand that in Mage Wars women are a minority of players and it was a simple miscalculation. In fact Jimillia sincerely hopes you beat every single MAN in the tournament, 2nd place trophy is no shame at all :) Furthermore Rant the Charlotte Mage Warriors enjoy a healthy tradition of friendly smack talk while remaining strictly professional with a high degree of sportsmanship once the match starts. With that in mind I'd say we all applaud your own efforts along those lines.

Also Red...tsk tsk young master. After all our long talks you've forgotten Charlotte has four female Mage Warriors? They are for the record:

Jimillia: If she aint the best player in Charlotte she aint far. Mains Necromancer.
Sarah: The first person I've ever seen beat Biblofilter in a tournament match. Mains Force Master.
Kiara: A very sweet young girl who works at Carolina Table Top Gaming. Mains Priestess.
Ashley: My roommate and our newest female player. Mains Siren.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2017, 06:19:42 AM »
Lol you did not offend Millie I can promise you that Rant. We understand that in Mage Wars women are a minority of players and it was a simple miscalculation. In fact Jimillia sincerely hopes you beat every single MAN in the tournament, 2nd place trophy is no shame at all :) Furthermore Rant the Charlotte Mage Warriors enjoy a healthy tradition of friendly smack talk while remaining strictly professional with a high degree of sportsmanship once the match starts. With that in mind I'd say we all applaud your own efforts along those lines.

Also Red...tsk tsk young master. After all our long talks you've forgotten Charlotte has four female Mage Warriors? They are for the record:

Jimillia: If she aint the best player in Charlotte she aint far. Mains Necromancer.
Sarah: The first person I've ever seen beat Biblofilter in a tournament match. Mains Force Master.
Kiara: A very sweet young girl who works at Carolina Table Top Gaming. Mains Priestess.
Ashley: My roommate and our newest female player. Mains Siren.
I didn't forget lol, it's just that to the best of my knowledge Millie is the only one entering to win. Please correct me if I am wrong in that regard.
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2017, 07:08:52 AM »
She's the only one entering Gen Con yes. However Sarah will be judging and I have a tournament today with Millie, Sarah, and Kiara in it.

So wish me luck  ;D
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
She's the only one entering Gen Con yes. However Sarah will be judging and I have a tournament today with Millie, Sarah, and Kiara in it.

So wish me luck  ;D

May your animals perish with you!
All of my luck wishing goes to Sarah. Forcemasters unite!

8)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2017, 07:54:11 AM »
agreed. go forcemasrer.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 08:31:14 AM »
Oh man I get to win a tournament AND crush these two guys dreams? Everything's coming up Grizzly!!!

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 09:43:10 AM »
pah!  go back to your anti forest fire campaign and leave the mage warring to the professionals. though the ranger hat is cool.

and good luck keeping shark from starting forest fires.

btw, and news on the current count for entries in the arena event?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:46:00 AM by zot »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 10:58:12 AM »
Yeah the news is I'm seriously considering raising the number of available seats. St Louis hasn't even signed up yet and we're already at the 1/3 point with registration only having been up 5 days so far. I know of at least six players who haven't bought tickets yet and you know we'll get last minute entries as always. Right now though it stands at 8 people registered for Arena, 4 for Domination, and 8 for Academy with 10 people signed up for the practice session.

Speaking of forest fires I did win a match against an Adramelech Warlock yesterday despite losing a bear to 7 burn tokens.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2017, 11:02:49 AM »
Ooh. That is a lot of burn. Congrats on the w.

And it is great news having some more ladies into the game. Let me know if you need some help for the practice sessions. I can pitch in somehow since there are quite a few folks signed up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2017, 11:03:40 AM »
I imagine we could use your help yes. Always appreciated.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »
Will the new Forcemaster stuff be legal for GenCon? (Sorry if you answered before, but I didn't see it.)
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2017, 09:33:14 PM »
Will the new Forcemaster stuff be legal for GenCon? (Sorry if you answered before, but I didn't see it.)

The Golden Rule is that if a set has been released One Month or more prior to a tournament then that set is legal for that tournament.  I fear it's going to be very close for Forcemaster Academy.  If Forcemaster Academy hits Retail stores by July 18th then it's legal.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2017, 09:55:33 PM »
I'm watching that street date real close I can promise you.