April 19, 2024, 04:11:41 PM

Author Topic: Gen Con Arena Tournament Roll Call  (Read 35081 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Gen Con Arena Tournament Roll Call
« on: April 28, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »
Ok boys and girls in an effort to make my job easier when I go buy the snacks and drinks for the tournament on down the road I'm wanting to get an early head count of people attending. I know the registration page will eventually be up next month but I also want everyone else to be able to see the names of who they're facing this year. Lets get this hype train rolling!

There are 4 Mage Warriors representing the Carolina Mage Warriors this year: Littlenog, Jimillia, Drew, and Ken and they are all coming to win.

I've spoken to Mr Backer who's the spokesman(at least that I know of) for the St Louis Mage Warriors and he's promised 5-6 stout Mage Warriors all coming to take the championship.

So who else is stepping up? I'm also interested in where you're from as I like keeping track of regional differences in play style and communities.

https://www.gencon.com/events/107754
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 12:04:03 PM by silverclawgrizzly »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Gen Con Arena Tournament Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »
I am Sailor Vulcan, champion of Justice and Reason, and in the name of my home planet Vulcan (Columbus Oh) I will correct errors and triumph over irrationality.

Btw I have dietary restrictions. Can't eat wheat corn or dairy, no added sugar (artificial or otherwise), can't eat junk food of any kind. Prefer no unhealthy additives, although sometimes preservatives are unavoidable and that's ok. I know you might think this rules out basically everything but it doesn't. There are lots of things I can still eat. :P

For instance, I can still eat veggies and hummus, or fruit and peanut butter, and most Mediterranean food is okay. Guacamole and salsa are still good to dip veggies in but not chips.

If this seems too much for you to remember then don't worry about it. Like maybe you can get some hummus and veggies as an extra healthy option or I'll just bring my own food for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Gen Con Arena Tournament Roll Call
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »
Welcome Sailor Vulcan to the arena tournament! I'll take your dietary needs into consideration.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:48:06 PM »
 Hi, I'm Shark Bait. I like to burn things. I hail from Columbus too, though I contend that it's not actually the planet Vulcan. I'll be one of two Arcane Duels representatives fighting for the hardware.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:53:24 PM by SharkBait »
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:18:25 PM »
zot hailing from indy, home of gencon. yes i know i am lucky.  :)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:30:45 PM »
Welcome Sharkbait and Zot! Two powerful Mage Warriors I expect great things from.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 01:05:32 AM »
If the stars perfectly align for me (and that's a big IF guys, lots going on) i might be able to make it. Don't count on it just yet but id be foolish to not put the option out there.

Hi! I'm Romeoxero, the polyamorous mage warrior, from way out here in Connecticut! Some of you know me, some others not so much, but i guarantee we'll be best friends either way! I hope (hope hope hope) to see you all! I have no dietary restrictions... at all.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »
Hopefully i will be there as well. Mainly to drink Doctor Pepper and see fellow Mages again.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
awesome. i will stock up on the ambrosia. let me know when you are confirmed for coming over. i am off that whole week again.  :D

pre gencon all weekend and mon, tues mw !! anyone else able to head over early will be welcome too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 08:49:47 AM by zot »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 09:29:30 AM »
Romeo we hope to see you there in the arena!

Biblofilter we shall bring Dr Pepper with us!

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 09:43:14 AM »
awesome. when. you open a dr pepper, you can hear angels singing. sounds like a heavenly whoosh.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 09:58:40 AM »
I brought Cheerwines last year and they went over well. Dr Pepper's a good drink of course. Goes great with gaming.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2017, 10:07:08 AM »
I brought Cheerwines last year and they went over well. Dr Pepper's a good drink of course. Goes great with gaming.

Man I really wish my teaching did not start the same time as Gencon.  Dr Pepper, Mage wars, team domination, and players from around the world. I really need to get a new job.   :(

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »
Yeah the late date for Gen Con is robbing us of a couple of players I'm noticing. It almost kept one of my staff from being able to make it and I know Puddinhead can't compete this year for that reason.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2017, 04:31:05 PM »
Yeah the late date for Gen Con is robbing us of a couple of players I'm noticing. It almost kept one of my staff from being able to make it and I know Puddinhead can't compete this year for that reason.

Cursed Orientation Weekend!

You better believe I'll be playing some Mage Wars for the time I can be there.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster