April 16, 2024, 02:50:49 PM

Author Topic: My spellbook builder  (Read 239312 times)

Raiko

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: My spellbook builder
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2017, 05:48:57 PM »
Thank you very very very much for all of your hard work on this.

I forgot how useful an up to date spellbooks builder could be! I love being able to pull up any card's stats when I want to clarify or check on something without pulling out all my cards.

Again, much gratitude to you for all the work you have done thus far as well as the work you continue to put into this as additional features are requested & bugs are found.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2017, 10:08:57 AM »
I noticed this morning that it isn't currently easy to look up all the Walls or all the Terrains. Using the sort function doesn't seem to distinguish between spell types "Conjuration," "Conjuration - Wall," and "Conjuration - Terrain." Also, the search at the bottom doesn't look at the spell type, only spell name, subtype and text (?), so if you search for "Wall" or "Terrain" you only find spells that mention those words in their text, so you'll miss many of them. It would be nice if the sort would separate the 3 types of Conjuration, or if the drop-down menu at the bottom included these types separately, or if they were captured when searching for those words.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:14:07 AM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2017, 01:44:36 PM »
@iNano78: Point taken - action taken, new version uploaded

@Raiko: Thanks ;)

New version contains these 2 changes:
1. I reworked the search slightly and the search everything box now does what you want it to. Up to now searching required "exact phrase match" and included attacks, traits, text and subtype. I've changed and it now requires "exact word match" and it includes card name and card type. It will give you more results now, but is also more flexible (for example if you want to find attacks with unavoidable and ethereal you can type in "unavoidable ethereal", this did not work in previous versions).
2. fixed mismatched attributes for two spells

As always, make sure to hit reload a few times to get the latest version instead of the one your browser cached. I'll fix this at some point so you don't have to bother but there is more important stuff to do at the moment :)

Rodge

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2017, 03:22:05 AM »
An improvement I'd like.
Is it possible to get an option to hide/filter cards based on either:

1. Card is N/A for the mage in question. ie, "Warlock only" when I select Priest. Maybe even extend it to having a dropdown at the bottom, so I can select from the cost of spells (so an option for "not N/A", then each individual points number)? When building a spellbook, it would make it easier to spend that final 1 or 2 points.
2. If I don't have the set listed as one I own? So I have the option to only see cards I actually have in my collection? An advantage of this would be that the builder would work easier for making Academy decks, since you could only select that you own the Academy sets.

And one tiny change. Can you add a link to the spellbook builder to your first post in this thread?
Just to make it easier for anyone new who happens by this thread?

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2017, 08:07:55 AM »
2. If I don't have the set listed as one I own? So I have the option to only see cards I actually have in my collection? An advantage of this would be that the builder would work easier for making Academy decks, since you could only select that you own the Academy sets.

This is a good idea. Maybe in the "show sets" tab, beside each drop-down menu for counts, there could be a on/off toggle for whether you want to see cards from that set or not - which, as Rodge mentions, would be handy when building Academy books, or for those who don't want to see Domination cards, etc. Will also be useful if/when promos get added to this builder, since you might not want to see promos when building a book for a tournament or from your physical card collection.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2017, 02:29:11 PM »

@V10lentray: export is highly experimental, it produces a file that can be loaded on another computer, export to forum format is somewhere on a todo list

can export to excel become an option?

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »
Made another update adding errata. Used the file available at AW web, all cards listed there now have a yellow exclamation mark next to them and errata is listed below the card. Made another small change - when you "hide spellbook" it still displays total spellbook cost. I would recommend hiding both the spellbook and sets once you select your mage and start building a spellbook so you can see the important information in the right bar.

@Rodge, iNano78: I wil definitely add this, but this will come along with sorting by used/cost/total/max/own after I rework some code.

@V10lentray: I don't think I'll be adding this, sorry.

Cheers

Rodge

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2017, 02:51:29 AM »
Made another small change - when you "hide spellbook" it still displays total spellbook cost. I would recommend hiding both the spellbook and sets once you select your mage and start building a spellbook so you can see the important information in the right bar.
A small, but incredibly useful, change! :)

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2017, 05:55:19 AM »
grga.curkovic tkx a lot,

have you actualized the  downloadable version  ?

very practice for busy my Travel by train ^^
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2017, 05:59:50 AM »
@steack: I just uploaded the latest version, didn't know anyone was using that, I'll keep it updated from now on. I keep an up to date version in a shared Dropbox folder some of my friends use. If you want to be added to the list send me your details (email used for Dropbox) in PM and I'll add you.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2017, 06:52:48 PM »
I like a lot your errata addon!

How about highlighting the spells used in the selected book. In the spellbook om the right there are sums, but no list of spells. In the whole list i get pretty lost searching the spells already added. The “used“ column is pretty small and in the middle of all.
So highlighting background by changing the used colour would be very handy for example. Or a filter or both. Until now you did such a great job, I guess you would a good solution of you like the idea ;)

(Btw i would still prefer the search bar on top for mobile use, but I try not to annoy you with that question again  8) )

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »
Unpublished promos added.

Special thanks to Eric for providing the images and to my wife for not killing me.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2017, 03:43:31 PM »
Unpublished promos added.

Special thanks to Eric for providing the images and to my wife for not killing me.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »
this is awesome!!!

The Mother of dragons, Priestess book is Legal.... there are promos. but it equals 120!

Thank you for all the amazing work.  I only wish the export function worked better, or there was a way to hide all cards not in your book.

I hope AW buys this from you and Hires you to maintain it and pays you infinite Dollars!

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2017, 04:03:10 PM »
@V10lentray: you can hide spells not in your book by selecting "Used" in the filter in footer below number of cards added. Regarding export - we'll get there.