April 28, 2024, 01:42:45 AM

Author Topic: My spellbook builder  (Read 239582 times)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: My spellbook builder
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
@V10lentray: you can hide spells not in your book by selecting "Used" in the filter in footer below number of cards added. Regarding export - we'll get there.

Can you add an "Owned" option to that drop-down menu (in addition to "All" and "Used")? This way, you can omit cards from sets you don't own (like promos, for example) when building.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2017, 12:31:13 AM »
Made another small update adding Owned and Usable to the filters.
Owned - will only display spells you own
Usable - will only display spells you own and can add to current spellbook

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2017, 04:47:00 AM »
@V10lentray: you can hide spells not in your book by selecting "Used" in the filter in footer below number of cards added. Regarding export - we'll get there.

Can you add an "Owned" option to that drop-down menu (in addition to "All" and "Used")? This way, you can omit cards from sets you don't own (like promos, for example) when building.
Thank you meant me. I didn't see that. Very nice! Thanks

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2017, 10:38:33 AM »
This keeps getting better and better and I must say I use this SBB on a daily basis now.

Looking forward to having the "used", "cost" and "total" columns sortable.

The "cast" column is sortable already
but it still puts 10+mana costs ahead 2 mana costs
and all enchantments end up in the 2-cost area.

Suggestion :
all enchantment costs are currently indicated as "2+0" or "2+1" etc or " 2+x" for variable costs.
Since we all know that enchantments have a Face Down cost of 2 and a variable reveal cost, I was wondering if it was really necessary to use this "2+.." indication.
I think it might be more advantageous to simply indicate the total casting cost just like the other cards.
( so, simply have 5 instead of "2+3" and 12 instead of "2+10" and X instead of "2+x"etc )

This would give you a better view at your "mana curve" imo.

Maybe it's just me but I find these different "looks" at your spellbook ( sorted by cost or total sbp's or amount added etc ) very useful to help you streamline and balance out your build.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:43:47 AM by Borg »

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2017, 12:27:29 PM »
Suggestion :
all enchantment costs are currently indicated as "2+0" or "2+1" etc or " 2+x" for variable costs.
Since we all know that enchantments have a Face Down cost of 2 and a variable reveal cost, I was wondering if it was really necessary to use this "2+.." indication.
I think it might be more advantageous to simply indicate the total casting cost just like the other cards.
( so, simply have 5 instead of "2+3" and 12 instead of "2+10" and X instead of "2+x"etc )

To be consistent it should be 3 where there is 2+3 right now if x should replace 2+x. In other words cost for enchantments would only show reveal-costs.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2017, 12:55:18 PM »
Suggestion :

To be consistent it should be 3 where there is 2+3 right now if x should replace 2+x. In other words cost for enchantments would only show reveal-costs.

Or just put the reveal first:
3+2 (Bear Strength), 2+2 (Rhino Hide), 0+2 (Brace Yourself), 5+2 (Reverse Attack), 10+2 (Forcefield), etc. This way, it should sort by the reveal cost, with enchantments at 3+2 considered more expensive than non-enchantments at 3.

The tricky part still is getting 10 to come after 9, etc.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:56:49 PM by iNano78 »

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2017, 02:55:12 AM »
Bug : Sistarran Robe - Wispwillow Amulet are mixed up.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 04, 2017, 06:50:52 AM »
@Borg: fixed, thanks

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
Hi,

I got a domain name so you can now access the builder on www.spellbookbuilder.com

If you had some spellbooks saved previously they will not be available once you start using the new domain new so I would suggest to export them using the old url and import them into the new one. This is a side effect of using local browser storage...

I'll keep the old url alive for some time to let everyone transition smoothly.

Cheers

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2017, 01:58:18 PM »
Hi,

I got a domain name so you can now access the builder on www.spellbookbuilder.com

If you had some spellbooks saved previously they will not be available once you start using the new domain new so I would suggest to export them using the old url and import them into the new one. This is a side effect of using local browser storage...

Cheers
How did you come up with that name? It's so creative! So abstract.... It will be hard to remember it!  8)

Serious: really nice! I am surprised that this name was free to have. As if there has never been any spellbookbuilder in the internet before. Good find!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2017, 02:14:27 PM »
Hi,

Cheers
How did you come up with that name? It's so creative! So abstract.... It will be hard to remember it!  8)

Serious: really nice! I am surprised that this name was free to have. As if there has never been any spellbookbuilder in the internet before. Good find!

LOL. Sure beats http://www.unofficialfanmademagewarsspellbookbuilderandcarddatabase.pleasedontsueme.ru or something like that.

Raiko

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2017, 09:14:09 PM »
Can the Druid use the Ring of the Ocean's Depths? It's water Mage only opposed to Siren only but its N/A for Druid in the builder even tho she is trained in level 1 water spells. Not sure if this is a rules misunderstanding on my part or an oversight in the builder, thanks in advance for clarification!

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 15, 2017, 03:19:15 AM »
Hi grga,

I use your builder on a daily basis now.

The three most important features still to be added at this point imo

1- sortable columns
2- a way to export the book to notepad or any other word program in a format that allows you to post your book on the forum
3- a way to print your spellbook ( just spells and number )

Do you have any update on those features ?
Thanks in advance.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2017, 08:26:04 AM »
Can the Druid use the Ring of the Ocean's Depths? It's water Mage only opposed to Siren only but its N/A for Druid in the builder even tho she is trained in level 1 water spells. Not sure if this is a rules misunderstanding on my part or an oversight in the builder, thanks in advance for clarification!

Yes the druid can use the Ring of ocean's depths.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2017, 08:34:42 AM »
just noticed that Galaxxus is not in the builder.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid