March 29, 2024, 01:58:16 AM

Author Topic: Enchantments on Enchantments  (Read 14241 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
Re: Enchantments on Enchantments
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2016, 02:16:47 AM »
At Sike: It would be awesome if enchantments on mages would be placed next to the equipment, just as we do in real games.

I have played hundreds of games, against many dozens of players in many different play groups, including a lot of tournaments. I have only EVER seen one player do this - it's not the normal way to play at all.
i do it!
the creatures are on the board with theire stuf (normally not a lot) but the mage's card is naked, all its stuf (including counters) are on the side. i'd like to find figurines for the mages and gain more space on the board.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2016, 02:35:07 AM »
I have played hundreds of games, against many dozens of players in many different play groups, including a lot of tournaments. I have only EVER seen one player do this - it's not the normal way to play at all.
I might have had the wrong idea because my friends and I do it this way. :P

i do it!
the creatures are on the board with theire stuf (normally not a lot) but the mage's card is naked, all its stuf (including counters) are on the side. i'd like to find figurines for the mages and gain more space on the board.

Hurray! I'm not alone! :D
I also like the "naked" mage cards. Their art is also bigger then the other cards because they have no information on them. (+1 on the figurines, but it might be too expensive :s )
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2016, 02:38:01 AM »
We also do it :)
Hidden ones stay on mage, revealed ones are where the equipment is (next to the board).

OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2016, 06:08:44 AM »
the "naked" mage

the Priestress and Druide design are however fast naked!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2016, 08:20:14 AM »
At Sike: It would be awesome if enchantments on mages would be placed next to the equipment, just as we do in real games.

It was very very common on OCTGN before the attachment system was implemented. That how almost all of us played. It was very time consuming to move each card or select the stack of cards in a crowded zone so most of the time the mages Enchantments were played to the side and if you had a creature with a large stack of enchantments you would declare an area on the table and move them there. Ah the good old days.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2016, 06:40:26 AM »
Interesting... perhaps that's where that originated then (at least in large part).

I only know one person who's ever played on OCTGN, and him hardly at all, so my regular playerbase are all from physical play.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2016, 03:26:02 PM »
It would be awesome if enchantments on mages would be placed next to the equipment, just as we do in real games.....

That might be the way you do it in "real" games, but in the "fake" games that I play, we put them on the Mage, just like any other creature.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2016, 05:38:48 PM »
It would be awesome if enchantments on mages would be placed next to the equipment, just as we do in real games.....

That might be the way you do it in "real" games, but in the "fake" games that I play, we put them on the Mage, just like any other creature.

Halewijin isn't saying that your mage wars games are fake. He was contrasting his online mage wars games with his offline ones. Sometimes people use the word "real" as a synonym of "not over the internet". Or at least they do where I live.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2016, 11:45:58 PM »
Sometimes people use the word "real" as a synonym of "not over the internet". Or at least they do where I live.

wich is a nonsens, since every body knows every realm is as real as Etheria!

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
Halewijin isn't saying that your mage wars games are fake. He was contrasting his online mage wars games with his offline ones. Sometimes people use the word "real" as a synonym of "not over the internet". Or at least they do where I live.

I think DaveW was being ironic...

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2016, 03:50:04 PM »
Just a random thought to solve this:
How about adding 1 extra zone to each side of the Arena. (so two in total) Each enchantment in zone 1 could be linked to mage 1 and vice versa for zone 2.

If you don't like these zones you could of course still use the current method.

Since you already have a way to automate zone enchantments I think it's not extremely hard to automatically link every enchantment in a particular zone to a particular mage.

Problem is irregular maps, and multiplayer maps.

We already have code that assigns default card locations for players, and it is rather long and ugly. This would require coming up with a system to assign a mage enchantment box based on the number of players and the shape of the map, which would likely add length and ugliness to the existing code.

I suppose one compromise is allowing players to attach enchantments to the mage stats card, since that is off the board.