April 28, 2024, 06:10:43 AM

Author Topic: Mage Type Win/Loss Record  (Read 3105 times)

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mage Type Win/Loss Record
« on: April 14, 2016, 09:54:10 AM »
We've been playing mage wars for a little over a month now and I'm curious if our mage win/loss record is a statistical representation of my veteran mage peers:

(win-loss-draw) *draws were called after playing so long without a clear winner and had to stop due to time-constraints

Druid 2-0-1 (draw with the wizard, though had a slight upper hand at time of the draw)
Wizard 3-0-1 (draw with druid)
Necro 1-0-1 (draw with the priest- at time of draw if was very even)
Force master 1-0-0 (close match with Warlord)
Beast Master 1-1
Warlord (0-2-0) these losses were very close, so I don't know that these are as concerning as the Warlock losses.
Priest (0-1-0) Loss to Necro
Priestess (1-2-1)
Warlock (0-3-0) these losses were drastic and the one that surprises us. Maybe it's because we're noobs, but nobody in our group can seem to get the warlock going.

Are these numbers fairly statistically representative of others? Suggestions on playing a successful warlock welcome!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Mage Type Win/Loss Record
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 10:40:01 AM »
Here's our local game group stats, plus results of my personal matches outside the game group.  Arena only.  I think it demonstrates our favourite (and least favourite) mages more than how powerful they are.  For example, nobody likes the Holy mages.  And the Necromancer is skewed by being the favourite mage of our best player (who is currently undefeated).  Oh, and I don't have a distinction between a modified loss and a draw.

Code: [Select]
Mage Win Mod Win Loss Draw
Straywood Beastmaster 7 1 9 1
Voltari Wizard of Sortilege 1 1 1 1
Asyran Priestess of Westlock 1
Arraxian Crown Warlock 3 1 3 1
Salenia Forcemaster of Ivarium 11 1 4 2
Bloodwave Warlord 1 4
Priest of Malakai 2
Johktari Beastmaster 2 4 1
Druid of Wychwood 2 2 3
Darkfenne Necromancer 8 1 1
Adramelech Warlock 2 3 1
Anvil Throne Warlord 1 6 1

So... for our local group, it breaks down something like this:

Mages with decidedly winning records:
  • Necromancer
  • Forcemaster

Mages with decidedly losing records:
  • Bloodwave Warlord
  • Anvil Throne Warlord
  • Johktari Beastmaster

Mages with pretty even records:
  • Straywood Beastmaster
  • Arraxian Crown Warlock
  • Druid of Wychwood
  • Adramelech Warlock

Mages with insufficient stats to make a judgement:
  • Wizard
  • Priestess
  • Priest
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:43:22 AM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 11:00:50 AM »
We definitely need to give the Forcemaster more play time. I have yet to try her myself.
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 12:25:44 PM »
You should probably also mention what sets your playgroup has, in addition to your win/loss records. Otherwise your answers might not mean anything because you will all be playing different metas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 01:08:08 PM »
You should probably also mention what sets your playgroup has, in addition to your win/loss records. Otherwise your answers might not mean anything because you will all be playing different metas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well collectively, we have three core sets, Spell Tombs 1 and 2, 2 of all expansions (only 1 of DvN), 1 Domination and multiple Academy sets. Not sure if this helps. As of right now, there are 4 in our play group (we have two tables going every Tuesday and some Saturdays). All games have been Arena thus far. Have not tried Domination mode. Is this what you were asking?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 01:17:10 PM »
My group includes 7 players.  All of us each have at least 1 core set (some have 2 or 3).  Our most prominent Arraxian Crown Warlock player uses just the core set, so that's pretty impressive considering he's at a disadvantage in terms of cards - but at least one match was core-only vs core-only.  At least 3 of us have 2+ core sets (and maybe Spell Tomes) and at least 1x each expansion.  And at least 1 other player has everything except Forcemaster vs Warlord, Domination and Academy.  So, basically, everything (including Academy) has been legal as its become available.  And we mostly play Domination now, so Domination and Academy cards have only made it into maybe 3 or 4 non-Domination Arena matches. 

Crow

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 12:56:00 AM »
We haven't tracked stats.  Probably should though, now that everyone is semi-finalizing their spellbooks.