April 25, 2024, 09:52:06 PM

Author Topic: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!  (Read 288808 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2016, 10:40:14 PM »
Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I updated the front of the thread to include all the contact information. Hopefully it is easier for everyone to get a hold of their opponent and have a match!

@ DevilsVendetta --> Great questions! Everything Puddnhead posted is accurate. Please consider him as authoritative on the tournament as I am.

If you wish to get a castor or judge, please use the front of the thread to get contact information.

Also I will be posting all matches that I will be attending in Chicago time (I'll always reference it in the post).
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2016, 10:34:09 AM »
Thanks, that was very helpful.
Already arranging some matches...  ;)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »
Ok right out of the gate I need to say something... BAAAAAALLLLLSSSSSS!!! I am thoroughly frightened by my initial group! Mystery? Seriously?! Biblofilter? Come Ahhhhhhhnnnnnn! Lol! It's gonna be a lot of fun getting decimated by all of you and I expect to learn a greatdeal about the game andb different play styles, but for crying out loud I don't think I could have ended up in a more dangerous group! Best of luck to all you brave mage warriors! Most importantly have fun, its a good thing I'm not a sore loser though lol! I'm so stoked, this is gonna be awesome!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2016, 03:50:07 PM »
I'm excited about this tournament because it will be larger than the last thunderdome while featuring some of the same players.
If you need a judge or want your game to be recorded and commentated, i am happy to do it. I'm available around 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. german time during the week. On weekends i will be available whenever you want ;)
Just write me some days before your match is gonna take place.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:49 PM »
DevilsVendetta vs. Biblofilter.

Saturday at approximately 10:30 AM Arcane Duels time.

Great if anyone want to record/comment etc.,  but as our starting point isn't set in stone im not going to ask anyone directly.

I'm going to be online a lot before that and would be more than happy to catch a few games before the battle vs. DevilsVendetta.
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2016, 08:52:09 PM »
I will also like to get a game or two in sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2016, 01:37:46 AM »
who's thedude44?  ???
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 08:27:15 AM »
Me and Frozen will have our game on Tuesday 24:00 CET, 17:00 US Chicago time.
Octagon user: Drefan

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 10:39:53 AM »
Tournament report:

Thanks to easter holidays and the time troubles that arose Rinc played the dreaded facemelter (credits to Schwenkgott).

P00pstar played the "dreaded" orc warlord (credits to himself I think!).

Rinc started the game with battleforge and mana crystal while P started the game with barracks and construction yard, keeping Rinc guessing as to what exactly his game plan was.

Rinc came out of the gates exploding after that point on. Ring of curses, followed by hawkeye and Akiros favor, while P let his first in a line of many goblin grunts enter the table.

While Rinc kept on pushing on the enchantment side with both Adramelechs touch and marked to death, P kept on summoning grunts from the barracks. P added a battle forge to his "factory like" part of the game board.

And this is where the fun begins. Rinc starts throwing fireballs coupled with flameblasts for 8+ dice. P seemed to have no high armour in the book, just dropping pants and boots. He started to retaliate with the grunts and at the same time putting up an earth wall between him and Rinc who was now alone with the grunts.

The following round saw eagle claw boots from battleforge coming down, followed by a climb up that really scary earth wall and throwing a flameblast in the head of P.

Each round they traded blows, one harder than another. To add insult to injury the burn tokens of Rinc damaged P severely.

When the last round was up, Rinc had taken 25 damage, with 33 life total standing in the same room as P.

P on the other hand had taken 28 damage and had 36 life total.

It was dead equal now but P had the initiative and decided to quick cast hurl boulder, making it 6 damage which left Rinc with only 2 life left. Rinc had a hard time deciding between flameblast or devils trident with P having 1 face down enchantment and 5 armour. The choice fell on trident, taking a chance that P had no block or reverse magic and going for the piercing 2. And he rolled..... .... ... 3 normal (armour absorbed it all) and 7 critical damage, leaving P at 1 single point of life and the winner after his full action went into beating Rincs head in.

P00pstar 1 - 0 Rinc

Congratulations P00pstar.

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2016, 10:48:34 AM »
Thanks for the game rinc!
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2016, 11:50:58 AM »
Powlich used a Straywood Beastmaster to pummel Sharkbait's poor Bloodwave Warlord :P. Powlich really swung the match when his tegu started to eat everything from conjurations to every creature Sharkbait had for a while. Video to be posted in a bit.

Well played Powlich!

Video here and Arcane Duels will upload in a bit as well
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:39:58 PM by SharkBait »
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2016, 12:48:34 PM »
What a fun match!
Both mages were in front of their own death as the last turn initiated. Leggyblonde´s Anvil Warlord cast a great boulder that left Arxiduc´s malakai priest incapacitated on the floor. He was immediately smashed by the huge hammer of the Dwarf Kriegshammer leaving the priest with only one life left. The priest stood up feeling dazed and replied with a swing against the mage which he completely missed. With his immediate quick action he cast a boulder and with very lucky rolling managed to take down the Dwarf Mage before the rest of the soldiers would annihilate him.
Result: Priest (Arx), barely survived the Anvil throne warlord (LeggyBlonde)
Thanks to Leggyblonde for such a fun match! A player with very good vibe and an example of sportsmanship.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2016, 01:27:44 PM »
No time to do a long writeup but Biblo's Johktari Beastmaster with help from a devastating Steelclaw and a very annoying Wolf Spider killed my Priest and his angels who couldn't roll a good die to save anything.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2016, 06:39:51 PM »
If anyone else is looking for Wstrząśnięty then that's me. I was busy this week with Easter preparations (btw Happy Easter to everyone here that celebrate it :) ). I'm responding to the messages now.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

reyda

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Dispenser of indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2016, 12:53:03 PM »
RomeoXero and I are playing our match on Tuesday night atouts 9:30 pm eastern time (0830 Chicago time). If someone wants to cast or spectate our game, feel free to join us!