April 30, 2024, 03:40:58 PM

Author Topic: 4 player expansion  (Read 17170 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: 4 player expansion
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2013, 06:09:08 AM »
if you need status boards in several webs i see jobs of some people that you can print and enjoy.

CanadaAndy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
I am guessing that, in the near term, there won't be any way to get new status boards other than buying a whole new core set (a little expensive for two cardboard cards). Does anyone know of any high-quality scans or images of the status boards that I can get on the web? At least I will be able to print them out and glue them to some cardboard.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »
Honestly, 4 player play pretty much requires two of the box game to be feasible.
Not even just for the status boards..
You need more dice, more counters, another set of quickcast markers, damage/mana tokens, more copies of key spells, and more copies of the mage cards incase more than one person wants to use the same type of mage.  (and more copies of things to support that, such as voltaric shield tokens, pet token, etc)

Ive done a lot of 4 player games, and trying to squeeze 1 core game to acommodate that many people is a really tough.  Especially if the players want to branch out and customize their books.

evilhead

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2013, 01:09:25 PM »
Good points, thanks.

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »
So when is this expansion going to come out for four players? I read that we were going to hear something back in a couple of weeks but that post was all the way back in January. I'm really happy that a expansion is suppose to come out every 2-3 months with two new mages and new cards but the accumulation of mages and cards kind of becomes useless after awhile if there can not be more then two players.

A idea could be to come out with a big expansion and have pretty much everything that came in the core game expect the mages and cards this allowing players to play a four player game. The only problem with this is that there will be two game boards side by side. Perhaps a idea would be to just have the tiles cut so then the game board could be made each game for the number of players or in different ways. This way you would have the most customizable game. You get to customize the spells and also the arena.  Then with each expansion you can add different elements to the arena without having to remake a game board you could just add a tile.