April 27, 2024, 04:55:16 AM

Author Topic: It´s 2018 -- Any news?  (Read 46668 times)

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: It´s 2018 -- Any news?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2018, 12:07:38 PM »
Academy sets are not just as useful in Arena as Arena sets. There are some useful cards in an Academy set, but there's also a lot of cards that will never ever see the light of day in an Arena spellbook.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »
So we haven't gotten any *conjurations* or *level 5 or higher* spells since lost grimoire? That's hardly the same thing as "No new cards for Arena since lost grimoire". Seriously, you guys are acting like the sky is falling here. It hasn't been *that* long since the last set was released. So what if it was an academy set? Those are just as useful for Arena as any other mage wars set. This is nothing like how long we had to wait after forged in fire came out. Arena has not been abandoned. Relax.

1) complaining make the time go faster!
2) 1 year and a half since the last arena expension, and it's anounced that there will be nothing for the next 8 months.
3) i don't see  a lot of academy cards that can be plaid in arena... and see http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=18697.0 for the compatibility problems.

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 10:54:50 PM »
I have to agree. I haven’t played the force master yet with her force creatures in a arena game but I plan to try this weekend. That’s the only deck that I have build to so far that I have placed more acedemy cards then arena.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2018, 12:35:03 AM »
I have to agree. I haven’t played the force master yet with her force creatures in a arena game but I plan to try this weekend. That’s the only deck that I have build to so far that I have placed more acedemy cards then arena.
i plaid an "academy FM" in the arena.
i must say she brings new interessant things, but the problem is we have 2 FM who don't make a lot of combinations one with the other.

Robintheboywonder

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
This is the middle of April, in a couple more weeks its gonna be May. One third of the year will have gone.
I am excited for any new cards to be released regardless of expansion. The talk here is about 4 Academy mages, possibly and probably the druid, necromancer, siren, and paladin being the next expansion.
Now 2018 has a long way from being over, but if i put a baby in someone right now the year would just about be over before its born. so before this  fake baby hits its first trimester, it would be nice to have either info on when they will be released or hopefully have one of them out.
like some i dont mind the wait, but i would like to mark off my calendar to when it drops

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »
Now 2018 has a long way from being over, but if i put a baby in someone right now the year would just about be over before its born. so before this  fake baby hits its first trimester, it would be nice to have either info on when they will be released or hopefully have one of them out.
like some i dont mind the wait, but i would like to mark off my calendar to when it drops

:o ummm... what?

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2018, 02:43:30 AM »
 :D :D :D :D
i hope we will see the next extension of academie before the coming of your fake baby !

And for the  next extension of arena ... Gongrate your fake is  a Goblins !!  :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:46:33 AM by steack »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord

Jock McFistpunch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »
I was poking around d and found this randomly. Any one know anything about Exceed or how
Mage Wars fits in?

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/l99expr2.html

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2018, 03:16:46 PM »
Whatever that is - its cool  8)

I think I NEED a couple of boxes :)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2018, 04:19:12 PM »
???
new game? (and arena is buried)
some new mechanisms for arena? (like domination)
 why say nothing?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2018, 04:40:55 PM »
It's a cross-over. Exceed is an unrelated game by Level 99 Games. But for fun they put a Mage Wars character in their game, just as they'd given some Level 99 Games characters to Mage Wars as promos (namely Eligor Larington and Gerard Matranga). Think of it more like an Easter Egg that helps promote both unrelated games in a roundabout way.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2018, 12:17:10 AM »
ok!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2018, 07:49:05 AM »
Exceed is a really good game. I highly suggest trying it out.

It is supposed to be like a street fighter/mortal kombat theme shoved into a card game. It has a lot to do with being in proper range, and anticipating what your opponent will do. They even have button mashing mechanics.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:56:12 AM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2018, 06:34:28 PM »
Already into the fifth month of the year of our Lord two thousand and eighteen, and no news.

The facts we've gotten are:
No Arena related released in 2018.
4 Academy releases for 2018.
Previous statement about sharing news implied they don't want to set dates/news until already manufacturing the sets and no risk of majorly missing a release deadline.

You'd think just sharing a few cards that are already finalized wouldn't be the same league as "Guaranteed July xth release. Pre-Order now!"
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2018, 07:53:07 PM »
There is ZERO chance they are releasing 4 sets this year at this point.