April 27, 2024, 03:17:52 AM

Author Topic: It´s 2018 -- Any news?  (Read 46664 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: It´s 2018 -- Any news?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2018, 08:55:11 PM »
Personally I think it's good that arcane wonders has put traits on core set cards that will become relevant to the game years later. It means that the core set will last longer in the metagame. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if a significant number of core set cards are still competitive in a decade or two or more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 04:19:20 AM »
I propose a class action against AW if they end arena befor we get a frost attack!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 02:25:28 PM »
I propose a class action against AW if they end arena befor we get a frost attack!
Uh...what? Are you sarcastic, trolling or serious?

I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2018, 12:39:28 AM »
Uh...what? Are you sarcastic, trolling or serious?

sorry, I forgot:  ;D
(I didn't thought anybody could think I ever say anything seriously!)

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2018, 04:04:57 AM »
It would be nice just to hear that something is in the works for arena. Every time this is brought up and we get a response from tony it’s about new stuff for acedemy. I understand that the spells are compatible in arena, but you don’t see conjurations with acedemy. It would be nice to just hear something about arena so it doesn’t seem like AW has forgotten about it.

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2018, 06:42:04 AM »
It would be nice just to hear that something is in the works for arena. Every time this is brought up and we get a response from tony it’s about new stuff for acedemy. I understand that the spells are compatible in arena, but you don’t see conjurations with acedemy. It would be nice to just hear something about arena so it doesn’t seem like AW has forgotten about it.

Good luck with that; you might as well try to play something else for the next few years until they decide to give us something for Arena....

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2018, 10:51:40 AM »
try to play something else for the next few years

that's the problem:
they seem to desert arena, without willing to tell it, but do you know a game just half as good as MW-arena?

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »
try to play something else for the next few years

that's the problem:
they seem to desert arena, without willing to tell it, but do you know a game just half as good as MW-arena?
No, they haven't deserted arena and they aren't deserting arena. I honestly don't see why you're acting as if AW has abandoned Arena just because they're not releasing Arena-exclusive sets this year. Academy sets are for both Academy and Arena, so this way they can support both games at the same time. Arena already has probably a much bigger more active player base than Academy, so Arena doesn't necessarily need as much exclusive attention right now to keep it active. On the other hand, I think there's like less than ten people who still play academy on OCTGN, and they play it only on rare occasion. Academy needs more love, so that's what AW is doing this year. They're not abandoning Arena. It feels like you guys are catastrophizing a bit here.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 11:40:21 AM »
I think the main point for AW is, academy makes more money for them as arena. We, who play only arena buy 2 of the academy expansions.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »
I think the main point for AW is, academy makes more money for them as arena. We, who play only arena buy 2 of the academy expansions.
Did AW say that? Does Academy make AW more money *in general* than Arena? It's been less than two years since PvS was released, and we already know that AW has a slow release schedule. Where did you get this info from?

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2018, 01:52:04 PM »
It's just a speculation of mine.
the sales figures are certainly higher than those of paladin vs sirens I'm sure.
The production costs are lower for an Academy set.

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2018, 08:20:08 PM »
I understand that acedemy needs some love right now and the cards are compatible. I mean look at the force master expansion the allowed us to play the force master in a completely new way and was a breath of fresh air. But the there are some things missing that we don’t see that we would in a arena expansion. A big one is there has not been any new conjugations since grimore. Also, due to the way acedemy is the majority of the cards are cheap and low leveled. There are some exceptions to this but I doubt we will ever see a dragon that costs 28 mana in a acedemy expansion. If they can do what they did with the force master and put a new spin on a older mage that would be great because I wouldn”t mind expanding on old ideas. I would really like to see terrain expanded on more.

The big thing is that while you can use the same cards, an acedemy expansion is not the same as a arena expansion.  And while acedemy does need love so does arena because there hasn’t been anything out for it for awhile and there hasn’t been any news at all. And you can say the reason it is like this now is because they don’t want to drop the ball again like they did with PvS. That’s understandable to a point but to not hear anything for years? If they don’t want to add anything new that’s fine but they could also do additions to get some cards that you can’t add to acedemy and I thought that was what grimore volumes were going to be but we haven’t gotten another volume for some time.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:50:05 PM by Terrazas »

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 06:02:14 AM »
I think an expansion like lost grimore should be released once a year even if the focus is on academy expansions.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 09:18:58 AM by Karadox »

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 08:39:42 AM »
We're now almost halfway through April and still no news on even if/when these Academy releases are coming out.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 11:30:15 AM »

I understand that acedemy needs some love right now and the cards are compatible. I mean look at the force master expansion the allowed us to play the force master in a completely new way and was a breath of fresh air. But the there are some things missing that we don’t see that we would in a arena expansion. A big one is there has not been any new conjugations since grimore. Also, due to the way acedemy is the majority of the cards are cheap and low leveled. There are some exceptions to this but I doubt we will ever see a dragon that costs 28 mana in a acedemy expansion. If they can do what they did with the force master and put a new spin on a older mage that would be great because I wouldn”t mind expanding on old ideas. I would really like to see terrain expanded on more.

The big thing is that while you can use the same cards, an acedemy expansion is not the same as a arena expansion.  And while acedemy does need love so does arena because there hasn’t been anything out for it for awhile and there hasn’t been any news at all. And you can say the reason it is like this now is because they don’t want to drop the ball again like they did with PvS. That’s understandable to a point but to not hear anything for years? If they don’t want to add anything new that’s fine but they could also do additions to get some cards that you can’t add to acedemy and I thought that was what grimore volumes were going to be but we haven’t gotten another volume for some time.

So we haven't gotten any *conjurations* or *level 5 or higher* spells since lost grimoire? That's hardly the same thing as "No new cards for Arena since lost grimoire". Seriously, you guys are acting like the sky is falling here. It hasn't been *that* long since the last set was released. So what if it was an academy set? Those are just as useful for Arena as any other mage wars set. This is nothing like how long we had to wait after forged in fire came out. Arena has not been abandoned. Relax.