April 19, 2024, 03:17:29 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster Academy Spoilers!  (Read 30016 times)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster Academy Spoilers!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2017, 07:29:54 PM »
Great write up of the power grid Puddinhead!  Really cool to see the other ways redistributed power can buff any creature.  It costs a few actions for it to work but the real beauty is any creature.  This is actually pretty scary with another force creature that has not been unveiled yet.   :o

But iron golem or any elemental is just Nasty. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:11:19 PM by farkas1 »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 01:39:14 AM »
I'm holding all opinions on these until I see if & how to extend Dissipate because otherwise, I'm not a huge fan of that being used so much here.

I think the creatures with dissipate are going to be fantastic in academy, but more niche in arena.

Are you kidding me? They're quickcast creatures. QUICK. CAST. CREATURES. Arena forcemaster will love them. They will not be merely niche.

No, I am not kidding you.  I think they will be more niche in arena than they will in academy.  That doesn't mean I think they will be BAD in arena.  You seem to be replying as if I made a much stronger statement than I actually did.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2017, 02:13:03 AM »
Not for nothing guys, but let's face a fact or two. Forcemasters who play more than a creature or two are niche as it is. This is entirely new territory. Quick cast critters up until now have been entirely Druid business. Arena and academy not withstanding, these creatures are about to change the game. But only a fraction of a 12th of it.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2017, 04:20:31 AM »
I think it will replace many creatures in forcemaster books. Instead of having 1 or 2 level 3+ creatures, costing you 12-24 spellbookpoints, you can replace it with a couple of in school creatures and actually hit with galvitar during the same round. You will probably even have more spellbookpoints left for other non-creature spells. It really allows the forcemaster to cast a temporary creature without losing a ton of momentum.

I think these creatures will replace a couple of vampiresses/bears/trolls...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:22:13 AM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2017, 01:05:43 PM »

Jelly...
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2017, 04:30:06 AM »

Jelly...
I would say some will get replaced, some won't. If you are planning a game with 1 or 2 consistent buddies they will still remain. If planning a game with that momentum and some surprises those new disappearing ones are the choice.
I think there definitely are some new possibilities for FM but the old ones will still exist.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2017, 04:35:18 AM »
Yeah, I agree, that's why I said "some". :)

For me personally, it will replace all of them. In the past (apart from the stalker) there was no other option than to go out of school if you wanted any creature at all. I just don't want to spend 12 spellbookpoints on a creature anymore if I can replace it with these guys.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
Depending on what other cards use this mechanic of spending dissipate tokens to power an ability, these quick cast force creatures might be the necesary coin to power said abilities. I quite like the idea of casting your coin on the  board, knowing it will disappear, but untill it does, your coin can hit or guard. If you want to use your special powers, you 'burn' your creatures to power them.

We'll see what else is consuming dissipate tokens.

Both the upkeep-cards and the dissipate-cards are well in theme for the forcemaster.
She was the mage of powerfull abilities with an ongoing cost, these upkeep-cards are her post-paid abilities. Now she changed her payment plan to a pre-paid system with the dissipate-cards.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »
Forcemaster reveal part 3 is up!  here is link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DPkNfFbwdk&t=38s

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2017, 12:27:34 PM »
I love Galvanize. Not that Holy needs anything at all right now but this cards just golden.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
I love Galvanize. Not that Holy needs anything at all right now but this cards just golden.
Awesome cards!
Personally, I think the big demon will not be good in arena as you can ignore him. Granted there are ways to counter that, but still.
BTW, these are all precorded no? You all have exactly the same shirts and jackets on every video.
The Phoenix shall rise.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2017, 02:30:58 PM »
Yea Grizz know ur retiring your Straywood for tournament play, wonder tho how you feel about jeweled scarab for a swarm.   Recoup cost of mana if creatures die so you can spend the mana to keep up the offensive.  Sounds like a win win! 

Also really like galvanize too nice little addition to remove something and give back more die to attack with.  Another cool card. 

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »
I like the scarab a lot. Honestly it's good enough to pay the extra for and maybe even for a zombie book.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2017, 04:59:14 PM »
Awesome cards!
Personally, I think the big demon will not be good in arena as you can ignore him. Granted there are ways to counter that, but still.
BTW, these are all precorded no? You all have exactly the same shirts and jackets on every video.

Agreed.  In academy, with no zones, the mummy will be good.  In arena though, he's easily countered. 11 mana is pretty steep for a LEVEL 3 2 armor 10 life nonliving actionless creature.  For 1 more sbp you could have a wolf without restrictions.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
Awesome cards!

Agreed.  In academy, with no zones, the mummy will be good.  In arena though, he's easily countered. 11 mana is pretty steep for a LEVEL 3 2 armor 10 life nonliving actionless creature.  For 1 more sbp you could have a wolf without restrictions.
If you want to get really dirty, you could chant of rage/tele wand everything out while he sits there doing nothing.
The Phoenix shall rise.