April 28, 2024, 06:42:08 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster Academy Spoilers!  (Read 30174 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster Academy Spoilers!
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2017, 08:28:09 AM »
In my opinion the Eye of Itadjet is what Psylok should have been.
Psylok may have flying and 3 more life, but with full action attack it's barely a threat. Also the Eye has better chance to inflict condition.

The problem with psylok is that it's too squishy to be on the front lines like it needs to be. Unavoidable critical ranged  damage is very good. Since it had a daze chance that seems to imply that they're meant to do damage slowly over time while making it harder for the enemy mage to fight back. Stick a force crush on the enemy mage and have two psyloks shooting at them. The problem is that psyloks die way too fast. I wonder if you could try force crush on the enemy mage, fumbles on the enemy mage to reveal whenever they try to attack your psyloks, and healing charms on the psyloks for whenever they do get hit, and then just use your mage to deal with the enemy creatures while the enemy slowly racks up damage. Might be a bit clunky though, since once healing charms are gone your psyloks are in trouble. Seems rather action intensive too. Then again some of her cards in forcrmastr academy might help, such as that orb. Not sure if there's anything to help them against unavoidable attacks though. A single flameblast could really mess with them. Also I think mind shields can stop psychic attacks not just psychic incantations or enchantments. Right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2017, 09:44:36 AM »
Mistakes happen. I'm pretty sure that Arcane wonders fully acknowledges that [mwcard=FWC12]Psylok[/mwcard] was a mistake. 

"Do not let “Psyoculus” fill you with repulsion." ~ Puddnhead  8)

Eye of Itadjet is much better. I'm still not sure an Arena forcemaster would spend a full action on him though.
If you want to try out Psylok, houserule his attack to a quick cast (and maybe a mana reduction). Might be fun.  :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:46:20 AM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2017, 09:48:32 AM »
Are there any plans to try what they tried to do with gate to hell and goblin builder and errata the psylok so it's usable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2017, 09:50:03 AM »
Nope.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2017, 01:11:27 PM »
For it's lack of quick attack that makes psylok unplayable.
@Sailor
Yes, mind shield blocks psychic attacks. I don't mind them being squishy because every attack that is directed at psylok isn't targeted at the mage.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 01:18:12 PM by Kaarin »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2017, 04:00:56 AM »
Very good write up Puddinhead!

I've made some phone calls and checked with some distributors. As of right now the scheduled street release date for Academy: Force Master is July 15th. That means the plan for now, barring unforseen delays, makes this set LEGAL for the 2017 Gen Con Arena, Academy, and Domination Championships!

So 1 month to Gen-Con :D
Nobody is selling FM Academy at my street and i can´t buy it here at the Arcane Wonders homepage :(
Things might be different "over there". Are they?
Will FM Academy be legal for Gen-Con 50?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »
yes and no

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2017, 08:50:49 AM »
Academy Force Master will unfortunately not be legal at Gen Con this year. However it is for sale at Gen Con and there should be Academy Warlord as well.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2017, 11:02:36 AM »
Already looking forward to stand in line so i can get some FM and WL back home :)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
Already looking forward to destroying those Arcane Fools in our war :)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »
hrmph

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2017, 04:33:04 AM »
Printed cards which are currently below a certain power bar should not receive errata to raise their power level. Errata should be saved for game breaking situations, unforseen interactions, and missed text.

No matter what is created there will always be a hierarchy of power. The best cards will rise to the top and the weakest will sink to the bottom. This is the nature of all games similar to mage wars. Instead of looking backwards we should look forwards and welcome what is being added, as quality new options are coming and academy fm/warlord proves this.

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2017, 05:00:21 PM »
Quote from: puddnhead
Hidden in this article are the names of every single one of the 31 cards in the set.

I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I've got to say very well done puddn!   :D