April 27, 2024, 08:16:41 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster Academy Spoilers!  (Read 30171 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster Academy Spoilers!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2017, 03:24:48 PM »
What happened at German Nationals?
The Phoenix shall rise.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Forcemaster Academy Spoilers!
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »
Omg symbiotic orb. If not for only being able to use it once per round it would definitely be OP. Omg it is so good.

Also would like to note that this is not the first academy Mage with different training than their Arena counterpart. Priestess and Warlock pay triple for dark and holy spells respectively even if novice in academy. In Arena they never pay triple for novice spells.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 04:17:38 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2017, 06:22:03 PM »
Omg symbiotic orb. If not for only being able to use it once per round it would definitely be OP. Omg it is so good.

Also would like to note that this is not the first academy Mage with different training than their Arena counterpart. Priestess and Warlock pay triple for dark and holy spells respectively even if novice in academy. In Arena they never pay triple for novice spells.
It would not be OP imo. It's really easy to see it coming and counter it imo.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2017, 07:06:44 PM »
I'm holding all opinions on these until I see if & how to extend Dissipate because otherwise, I'm not a huge fan of that being used so much here.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2017, 09:23:37 PM »
I'm holding all opinions on these until I see if & how to extend Dissipate because otherwise, I'm not a huge fan of that being used so much here.
+1
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2017, 09:43:41 PM »
One of the reasons it's used on academy is those matches are typically shorter.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2017, 10:20:50 PM »

You mean the dissipate x trait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2017, 01:21:10 AM »

It also keeps the cost low, which is important in Academy. AW is well aware of the average lifespan these cards are expected to have, and if Dissipate shortens that, they get a discount to their mana cost.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2017, 02:28:19 AM »
In my experience academy, this card is especially good when used by removing a dissipate token. I wouldn't use it all that much by paying 3 mana.  :)

In arena, I think both paying and removing a dissipate token might be equally viable. Depending on the situation. This card is no doubt one of the key cards in the set to keep the forcemaster running strong.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2017, 11:41:21 PM »

I think the creatures with dissipate are going to be fantastic in academy, but more niche in arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »

I think the creatures with dissipate are going to be fantastic in academy, but more niche in arena.

Are you kidding me? They're quickcast creatures. QUICK. CAST. CREATURES. Arena forcemaster will love them. They will not be merely niche.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2017, 09:49:18 AM »
Yea I agree with sailor here they will be useful in arena too especially the gaurdians.  As a Straywood beastmaster lover his quick cast is one of the coolest abilities.  Having level two Quickcast on the bigger creatures is even more amazing.  This will help expand forcemaster meta.   Yea they dissipate but if you look at them compared to a bitterwood fox or any lvl one creature they have some staying power. 

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2017, 10:47:49 AM »
Yea I agree with sailor here they will be useful in arena too especially the gaurdians.  As a Straywood beastmaster lover his quick cast is one of the coolest abilities.  Having level two Quickcast on the bigger creatures is even more amazing.  This will help expand forcemaster meta.   Yea they dissipate but if you look at them compared to a bitterwood fox or any lvl one creature they have some staying power.

Exactly! A quickcast guard is especially useful. And as far as Dissipate goes, how long would you expect these creatures to stay around? Five rounds seems about right for most level 2 creatures. Yeah, spending Dissipate tokens shortens this lifespan, but that's a tough choice you gotta make. If you are spending the last Dissipate token on an inactive creature (after it's finished acting for the round), then you really are spending the token for free. But any other time, it will have to be weighed against the cost of shortening the creature's life. I think this is an easy choice with level 1 creatures, who can easily be 1 shot and don't need such a long life, but I have a much harder time spending it off of the level 2 creatures.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:11:35 AM by Zuberi »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
I think the quick cast creatures are going to be a right pain to deal with when fighting against a Force Master but the dissipate question is going to be a huge strategy decision for FM players. That you can deploy these from a Minds Eye is fantastic.

Now as a Beast Master, my creatures tend to stick around for a good while but then that's sorta my thing. But don't forget as has been mentioned these creatures typically have Aegis so it's not like they're easy to kill anyway.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

ArcaneDuels

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels - YouTube
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2017, 02:39:03 PM »
Main post has been updated with a link to the next article "THE POWER GRID".  Enjoy!
Subscribe to us on YouTube to catch all of our videos!