March 28, 2024, 04:00:22 PM

Author Topic: Next Expansion?  (Read 37726 times)

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Next Expansion?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 02:31:40 PM »
Of course, we're still waiting to see what "Minor Living Animal Creature" is pictured on both Badger Frenzy and Panther Stealth...

I don't think they are minor creatures pictured. I think panther stealth is giving the elusiveness of cervere to a basic elf type soldier creature. And Badger frenzy is giving you the "crazed" aspect of the honey badger (honey badger don't care). And as someone who is a playtester, I do not recall seeing any badger type creature. But again we've seen hundreds of cards that have yet to see print.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 02:38:01 PM »
Of course, we're still waiting to see what "Minor Living Animal Creature" is pictured on both Badger Frenzy and Panther Stealth...

I don't think they are minor creatures pictured. I think panther stealth is giving the elusiveness of cervere to a basic elf type soldier creature. And Badger frenzy is giving you the "crazed" aspect of the honey badger (honey badger don't care). And as someone who is a playtester, I do not recall seeing any badger type creature. But again we've seen hundreds of cards that have yet to see print.

Yes, but the legal targets of those spells are "Minor Living Animal Creature" (Badger Frenzy) and "Minor Living Creature" (Panther Stealth), so the elf type soldier creature should have those subtypes/traits to be a legal target. Likewise, the goblin pictured in the new version of Dissolve must be a Mage, since Dissolve can only target a Mage.

(The original [mwcard=MW1E01] Bear Strength[/mwcard] shows a non-Gorran werewolf (?), which also doesn't exist yet, but it was replaced with a goblin in the 4th printing; likewise, the creature depicted in the old [mwcard=MW1E36] Rhino Hide[/mwcard] doesn't look like anything in the game to date, but it was replaced with a (Timber) Wolf in the 4th printing)

*edit* PS: Silverclaw Ratel is pretty badger-like, and even has a conditional Counterstrike, which makes sense considering what Badger Frenzy does.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:41:00 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2017, 02:52:49 PM »
What do you mean you can't tell us? The information is clearly already out there. If stores are already allowing preorders of two new academy sets, and there aren't any other academy sets available for preorder, that means that those Academy sets will be coming out next. And considering that they're the warlord and the forcemaster (but in German, literally translated as "powermaster") I don't know how it could be any less obvious.

Each playtester, as part of the application process, signs a Non-Disclosure Agreement or NDA. So it is not that we do not want to tell you about the awesome stuff that is coming (and it is!), we cannot or face legal action and removal of playtester status.

Until Bryan et al make an official release announcement everything is hear say and speculation. I have not seen the website in question, but they could just be guessing considering that Academy releases have followed Arena so far and the natural next step would be FM vs Warlord.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »
What do you mean you can't tell us? The information is clearly already out there. If stores are already allowing preorders of two new academy sets, and there aren't any other academy sets available for preorder, that means that those Academy sets will be coming out next. And considering that they're the warlord and the forcemaster (but in German, literally translated as "powermaster") I don't know how it could be any less obvious.

Each playtester, as part of the application process, signs a Non-Disclosure Agreement or NDA. So it is not that we do not want to tell you about the awesome stuff that is coming (and it is!), we cannot or face legal action and removal of playtester status.

Until Bryan et al make an official release announcement everything is hear say and speculation. I have not seen the website in question, but they could just be guessing considering that Academy releases have followed Arena so far and the natural next step would be FM vs Warlord.

... except that the website in question is PegasusShop.de, which is the online store for Pegasus Spiele, a game publisher that publishes Mage Wars (and some other Arcane Wonders games) in some European countries ... so they have sufficient inside info that they don't really need to speculate.

http://www.pegasus.de/mage-wars/

*edit* It even has a product number...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 03:07:33 PM by iNano78 »

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 03:10:12 PM »
As I said before I hadn't seen the site and there is no notification on this thread other than what you just posted. Also as stated before I cannot confirm or deny any details until there is an official release by Arcane Wonders, nor can any of the other playtesters.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 03:46:13 PM »
In fact, more than that, the Arena Forcemaster expansion lists it as Machtmeisterin, which implies the Academy Machtmeister will be male.
(The Warlord = Kriegsherr appears to be male, same as for the Arena expansion)

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 10:48:50 AM »
ב"ה
There are even estimated arrival dates in that store site. July for the forcemaster and october for the warlord.
It is possible that there would be an arena expansion before. If so, then  we would probably see something about it soon.
Other expansions mentioned by Arcane Wonder officials in various interviews include the archmage, the wizard and forcemaster (I think they named it "balance the force" or something like that) and the Barbarian VS Sorcerer (and an illusionist was once mentioned as a mage). Since arcane wonder usually alternates between a couple of new mages and a couple of new versions for old mages, the next mages would likely be the new wizard and forcemaster. It is possible that it would be the next expansion. I would even say it is likely, since the archmage expansion is a new game mode like domination, and isn't likely to include radical changes such as frost (and there were hints that frost should be out in the next expansion).
At least that it my guess, I am no playtester and I can only guess by the small hints that are published ^_^

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2017, 11:19:07 AM »
In fact, more than that, the Arena Forcemaster expansion lists it as Machtmeisterin, which implies the Academy Machtmeister will be male.

or the male pronoun is used as a generic tern.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »

or the male pronoun is used as a generic tern.

But it isn't for the Arena Forcemaster vs Warlord... (Machtmeisterin is feminine), so that implies the Academy Forcemaster is male.

(See also the German Academy Priestess expansion, which is feminine)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
Or arcane wonders is bad in German?  :P

(Kriegsbiel)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 11:50:44 AM »
Kriegsherr would be female Krigsherrin

But I do not think that AW will ever make a war mistress!

War always remains the same....  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 02:15:25 PM »

or the male pronoun is used as a generic term.

But it isn't for the Arena Forcemaster vs Warlord... (Machtmeisterin is feminine), so that implies the Academy Forcemaster is male.

(See also the German Academy Priestess expansion, which is feminine)

Because those are out and confirmed as the specific genders. an academy force master is still in speculation, so the male pronoun is being used as a place holder until it is confirmed.

The generic for human is Man. Which is why I'm saying that the Male pronoun is just a placeholder.

Robert Geistlinger

• Administrator
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Sales & Marketing
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Wonders
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 08:09:42 AM »
Here's a little preview of an ad we're working on:

We will begin sending out more information in months to come along with previewing cards from the set. I'm working on a few of the details still, but releases will be around the major conventions we're attending this year.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
"You can tell if a place is civilized by whether they ride their unicorns or cook them up." -- Arhnoot, Blood Wave Warlord

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 08:54:10 AM »
I'm particularly proud of both those expansions. They both add A LOT of good stuff to their respective mages. I'd be hard pressed to say which is going to be more influential to their respective classes though I guess I'd go with Warlord as there's two of them currently.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 08:55:28 AM »
When are they coming out?
The Phoenix shall rise.