April 28, 2024, 03:13:46 PM

Author Topic: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers  (Read 377329 times)

EricTheGreat12

Re: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #300 on: July 08, 2016, 01:22:52 PM »
See more Paladin equipment >>HERE<<

I'm loving this mage's equipment. He for sure going to be an absolute bulldozer on the battlefield.

Of course, what remains to be solved is what other cards use Valour points, as it would kinda be fun to see his other possibilities  ::)  ;)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 08, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »
So cool. Finally, a weapon I really like!
The Phoenix shall rise.

Ophidimancer

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2016, 09:37:21 PM »
So for the playtesters, how fast were you getting Valor and activating Auras? With what's already been spoiled, it looks like it would be three or four turns before even being able to activate Resolute/Vengeful.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2016, 10:01:05 PM »
That's honestly a tough question Ophidimancer. In general your spellbook construction will determine how fast you get auras activated, also how many you want to activate.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2016, 11:03:57 PM »
So for the playtesters, how fast were you getting Valor and activating Auras? With what's already been spoiled, it looks like it would be three or four turns before even being able to activate Resolute/Vengeful.

The auras are more reactive to what is going on in the current match. You only get one or other in the final version so sometimes you have to wait and see how the match unfolds and if you're trying to save up for the higher ones first.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 08, 2016, 11:11:32 PM »
I bet there is a conjuration or two that earns valor through a special action or something.  I would also suspect that there are several more cards that will earn valor in various ways.  Maybe enchantments on other friendly creatures and more equipment focus around the paladin is the primary way besides his abilities.

It still seems like during turn 3 would be the earliest you may be able to activate an aura. I don't see it being possible to do it sooner.  Either way PvS is a must buy!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Ophidimancer

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2016, 12:34:45 AM »
I wonder if you get more Valor if your Challenged enemy target attacks something else more than once.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2016, 04:02:33 AM »

I heard that Arcane Wonders recently purchased licence for HBO snipers, because Game of Thrones is postponded due to weather and those snipers has to eat. Yet, here i will show a great deal of heroism (and probably stupidity) and tell you, that balancing Valor gain and Valor usage was a really really really great deal and as Coshade stated (added another target for HBO snipers) it depends on your own book and how your enemy is playing. But if you have 3 auras running at once, it means you are just toying with your enemy. I had 1 aura most of the time and mostly it was a reaction against a strategy my opponent play his book. In some matches i had 2, but it was not always ;)

Hoped it helped :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2016, 06:54:35 AM »

I heard that Arcane Wonders recently purchased licence for HBO snipers, because Game of Thrones is postponded due to weather and those snipers has to eat. Yet, here i will show a great deal of heroism (and probably stupidity) and tell you, that balancing Valor gain and Valor usage was a really really really great deal and as Coshade stated (added another target for HBO snipers) it depends on your own book and how your enemy is playing. But if you have 3 auras running at once, it means you are just toying with your enemy. I had 1 aura most of the time and mostly it was a reaction against a strategy my opponent play his book. In some matches i had 2, but it was not always ;)

Hoped it helped :)

Oh right you can choose which aura to go for first. I somehow got confused and thought there was an order to them.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #309 on: July 09, 2016, 07:40:28 AM »
I bet there is a conjuration or two that earns valor through a special action or something.  I would also suspect that there are several more cards that will earn valor in various ways.  Maybe enchantments on other friendly creatures and more equipment focus around the paladin is the primary way besides his abilities.

It still seems like during turn 3 would be the earliest you may be able to activate an aura. I don't see it being possible to do it sooner.  Either way PvS is a must buy!

I vaguely recall Laddinfance or Bryan mentioning (in a podcast? Origins video?) that the Paladin could gain Valor by Guarding in a zone with friendly creatures (eg successfully drawing an attack and counter striking) so I expect a shield equipment with that ability. This way, you could score Valor for your main attack against strongest creature,  a refused challenge, dealing 5+ damage, then quickcast Defend on self to possibly Ciunterstrike and even another chance to  deal 5+ damage.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 09, 2016, 04:20:18 PM »

I vaguely recall Laddinfance or Bryan mentioning (in a podcast? Origins video?) that the Paladin could gain Valor by Guarding in a zone with friendly creatures (eg successfully drawing an attack and counter striking) so I expect a shield equipment with that ability. This way, you could score Valor for your main attack against strongest creature,  a refused challenge, dealing 5+ damage, then quickcast Defend on self to possibly Ciunterstrike and even another chance to  deal 5+ damage.
You can't cast Defend on a mage (it would be too good for the Forcemaster to bind it to a Thoughtspore).
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 09, 2016, 11:49:49 PM »
So that middle aura grants melee +1 and piercing +2 to the paladin while its counterpart only gives the armor to creatures? Seems a pretty obvious choice for most games.
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Ophidimancer

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 09, 2016, 11:58:43 PM »
So that middle aura grants melee +1 and piercing +2 to the paladin while its counterpart only gives the armor to creatures? Seems a pretty obvious choice for most games.

Resolute  Aura also gives Tough -2 to all friendly living creatures in the Paladin's zone. For the Paladin himself, it only gives a Tough -2, but for everyone else it gives both Tough -2 AND Armor +2.

Edit: Oh, I misread your post. You do understand that and just think it's weak.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:02:47 AM by Ophidimancer »

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 10, 2016, 01:43:37 AM »

Resolute  Aura also gives Tough -2 to all friendly living creatures in the Paladin's zone. For the Paladin himself, it only gives a Tough -2, but for everyone else it gives both Tough -2 AND Armor +2.

Edit: Oh, I misread your post. You do understand that and just think it's weak.

Depends what is going on. If I am fighting 3+ armor creatures then I would probably go with pierce. If I am only fighting zombies / heavy effect rolls like fire, or pushes, then that tough is looking better and better.

What gets really interesting are mirror matches.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 10, 2016, 02:01:46 AM »
While little bit spellbook costly, Trolls are nice combo with his Armor aura. You mostly negate Trolls alergy to Fire and give them armor. Also, if they have Corrode markers, let them just walk out of your zone ;)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )