April 27, 2024, 11:57:31 AM

Author Topic: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers  (Read 377299 times)

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2016, 12:11:10 PM »
She's not the only one that can pull such trick, but she's the only one that can do that and have 3 channeling at the same time. Gurmash can gain 3 or more mana per round, but doesn't have access to mana generating spells. Fellela, Hugin and Thoughtspores can't have more than 2 channeling with current card pool.

Excluding Enchantment-only casting familiars only Wizard Tower is limited to quick spells.

Naiya is pretty solid I will admit. However she suffers from a lack of armor so yeah keeping her alive is a problem if the enemy decides she's more of a nuisance than she's worth. Few solid attacks and she's going down. However there's a number of ways to protect her of course.  Her value is obvious, whether your opponent decides to let it manifest is something else.
She's big target just for her versatility. She can prepare engine while the Siren is summoning creatures or running around the arena, and after that she can join the fight too. We already have 0-2 Water attack spells and she will be able to cast range 3 spells too.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »
I hope she know some songs from ACDC :)

Naiya seems pretty good, especially her chanelling compared to her Mana Cost. Cant wait for more Water spells and Songs!
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2016, 02:12:46 PM »
Someone should start a Mage Wars band named after this card. Maybe something like "Tides of Naiya" or "Coral Dagger"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:17:40 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 02:34:50 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2016, 03:01:16 PM »
Someone should start a Mage Wars band named after this card. Maybe something like "Tides of Naiya" or "Coral Dagger"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=naiya
Quote from: Urban Dictionary
Naiya is a sexy fun amazing and beautiful woman. She posses the power to make you fall in love with her instantly. Strong, independent and well worth every second you spend with you. She's a keeper, one of a kind this delicious human being is,

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2016, 03:46:55 PM »
Is that real English slang?

I've suspected for a while that some of the entries on urban dictionary are just made up and no one really uses them in real life.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 03:48:44 PM by Sailor Vulcan »

Anubis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »
New preview posted...

Finally some terrain conjuration!

Rules for them seem pretty straightforward and make sense. It's easier to "terraform" arena ground than already terraformed ground.

Will be very nice to use with the siren, she seems to be the first mage to make an important use of the possibility to "place" things on the arena and to move things around. It will not anymore be the " I teleport you to where my two biggest creatures are....".  I like that a lot.

Laddinfance: Will cantrip be a trait for all terrain conjurations?
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results...

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »

Since it would be unfair if not, I'm guessing it will.

I wonder about two things:

- will vines interact with terrain spells?
- Will the other mages all get their own unique terrain cards?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:29:19 PM by Halewijn »
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2016, 01:29:04 PM »
Was kind of hoping that terrain would come with tiles to cover the zones in the Arena - analogous to the terrain zones in Domination.  I guess nothing prevents me from printing off an image of a "shallow sea" and placing it on the Arena when this card is in play. 
(Similarly, I guess I could make standees for walls.  I've seen standees for mages in online images, but we always use the cards.)

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2016, 04:52:19 PM »
Was kind of hoping that terrain would come with tiles to cover the zones in the Arena - analogous to the terrain zones in Domination.  I guess nothing prevents me from printing off an image of a "shallow sea" and placing it on the Arena when this card is in play. 
(Similarly, I guess I could make standees for walls.  I've seen standees for mages in online images, but we always use the cards.)

Funny, I had it the other way around: I wished in Battlegrounds they had provided the terrain enchantment cards so that we could use them in Arena as well.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2016, 05:01:23 PM »

I have the same questions. I Think if there will be lava terrain all vines will burn down (well it depends on dice). So they will interact.

I really hope that other terrain than water will also be in the set and in a huge amount. I would want to put terrain in many books, i guess.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2016, 06:37:13 PM »

I have the same questions. I Think if there will be lava terrain all vines will burn down (well it depends on dice). So they will interact.

I really hope that other terrain than water will also be in the set and in a huge amount. I would want to put terrain in many books, i guess.

There either needs to be terrain for each school, or at least a generic (Novice?) terrain that anyone could use in order to counter other terrain. Perhaps a "restored arena" spell. And perhaps a "purge terrain" spell that costs 12-16 (like a Purge Magic) that resets all the terrain in the arena - or perhaps all zones at range 0-2 within LoS.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2016, 06:56:07 PM »
It would be too cumbersome to put tile over a zone with cards already in it. It's normal to have 4+ creatures and/or conjurations in the same zone, and those objects can be enchanted or have tokens on them.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2016, 10:19:46 PM »
No, not all terrain has Cantrip. That is a special thing for Shallow Sea. There are several different terrains in this set, and currently it's possible for any Mage to grab a terrain without having to pay triple cost for it. No their is not a terrain for every school, but future sets are going to keep adding to terrain so it can be even more well rounded.

As for Vine Markers, those are standard conjurations and so currently the are not replaced by terrain. In the future other Mages will certainly have their own "unique" terrains. In this set, Shallow Sea is the only terrain limited to a single Mage.

At the moment you only need to include terrain in your spellbook if there is a specific terrain that really enhances your strategy or if there is a specific terrain you're afraid of. As more terrain comes out that will all still be true, but the options will be greatly increased. We're excited with what we can do for terrain. Terrain is meant to be a more permanent metamorphosis than some of the standard conjurations. Hence, having a very specific way to be destroyed. On Wednesday, I'll be putting up a poll to see what the next card you'd like to see is.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2016, 06:09:39 AM »
No, not all terrain has Cantrip. That is a special thing for Shallow Sea. There are several different terrains in this set, and currently it's possible for any Mage to grab a terrain without having to pay triple cost for it. No their is not a terrain for every school, but future sets are going to keep adding to terrain so it can be even more well rounded.

As for Vine Markers, those are standard conjurations and so currently the are not replaced by terrain. In the future other Mages will certainly have their own "unique" terrains. In this set, Shallow Sea is the only terrain limited to a single Mage.

At the moment you only need to include terrain in your spellbook if there is a specific terrain that really enhances your strategy or if there is a specific terrain you're afraid of. As more terrain comes out that will all still be true, but the options will be greatly increased. We're excited with what we can do for terrain. Terrain is meant to be a more permanent metamorphosis than some of the standard conjurations. Hence, having a very specific way to be destroyed. On Wednesday, I'll be putting up a poll to see what the next card you'd like to see is.

Sounds awesome! 

As for at least 1 terrain that no one (currently) pays triple for, all that really means is there is at least 1 Water terrain (that isn't Siren only), or perhaps at least 1 Nature or Mind or Earth or Air terrain.
"Air terrain" sounds like an oxymoron, but I guess it could be a foggy swamp or something. *edit* Oooh... Poison Gas terrain would be Air...

I will be thoroughly disappointed if there isn't a War terrain called "High ground." ;) This allows a duel between Siren and Paladin where they basically argue:
"This is high ground."
"No, it's a shallow sea."
"You're mistaken. This is high ground."
"You are incorrect. It is a shallow sea."
"Hmmm. I've run out of terrain cards. You're right, it's a shallow sea. My mistake."