April 26, 2024, 10:04:25 PM

Author Topic: One idea fix for Warlord  (Read 13875 times)

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: One idea fix for Warlord
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2016, 05:45:42 AM »
Warlords' Battle orders shouldn't be compared to enchantments, but to spells like [mwcard=MW1I03]Call of the Wild[/mwcard] or [mwcard=DNI06]Zombie Frenzy[/mwcard]. The orders are always prepared and don't cost sbp.
One of the advantages of commands over enchantments is versatility. You don't have to fear that after casting [mwcard=FWI06]Power Strike[/mwcard] on level 1 creature, the creature will die before it can benefit enough from the spell as opposed to [mwcard=MW1E01]Bear Strength[/mwcard]. If You got your opponent to 0 armor it makes no difference if additional two dice are used by Thorg or goblin grunt.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 06:27:42 AM »
What if [mwcard=FWQ06]Horn of Gothos[/mwcard] applied to Command Spells instead of just Battle Orders? Suddenly those Commands like Power/Piercing/Critical Strike, Sniper Shot, Battle Fury and Whirling Strike look a lot better when you can pay an extra 3 mana to apply them to your whole army! (More like Zombie Frenzy and Call of the Wild).

*edit* Might need some word smithing; non-Enchantment Command spells or something, since casting or revealing a Brace Yourself shouldn't interact with the Horn. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:36:09 AM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 07:05:45 AM »
*edit* Might need some word smithing; non-Enchantment Command spells or something, since casting or revealing a Brace Yourself shouldn't interact with the Horn.
Command incantations?

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 07:17:09 AM »
I feel like the Warlord should be allowed to cast one of his built-in commands as a FREE ACTION once per round ( use a ready marker to keep track ) before or after a friendly creature activation.

Seems a great idea to boost the warlords since the action is the main issue for the commands. However, the mana cost might have to be rechecked for balance afterwards.

Same reasoning for Gurmash.
He's only worth it if he can shout out a Command AND attack during the same round ( should work like a QC for him imo )
I mean, even from a reality standpoint, why can't he shout and fight at the same time ? :)
Of course, Gurmash should have to do it before or after his attack.

Warlords' Battle orders shouldn't be compared to enchantments, but to spells like [mwcard=MW1I03]Call of the Wild[/mwcard] or [mwcard=DNI06]Zombie Frenzy[/mwcard]. The orders are always prepared and don't cost sbp.
yeah, but have you used those two spells much? I think I have seen call of the wild twice in total.

Zombie Frenzy is amazing if the right situation arrives, but is also incredibely situational.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 07:45:07 AM »
Command incantations?

It could say "when he casts a Command Incantation or uses his Battle Orders ability..." Or it could say "when he casts a non-Enchantment Command spell..." since Battle Orders counts as a Command spell. The text needs to be able to fit on the card. 
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster