April 29, 2024, 03:38:49 PM

Author Topic: The Yearly MageWars Web-League: rules, registration, membership list, help, news  (Read 31137 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Teams must be named and have at least 3 players (with no upper limit), and each team must play at minimum a total of 30 complete games throughout the year. All league games must be played on OCTGN, allow spectators and be between members of different teams. When posting the results of a league game, you must include a copy of the game log and a screenshot of the end of the game. Once registered, you cannot switch teams until January 1st of the next year.

The team with the highest win/loss ratio by midnight on the first of January of each year will be the champions and will be recorded in the Hall of Fame! Also, the top-ranking individual players of the league will receive Wonder Magnets! (In case you're wondering, Wonder Magnets are like Banana Stickers, except that they're awarded for supremacy in the arena, rather than helpfulness on the forums. Not sure how Wonder Magnets will be implemented though, and how to keep people from lying about how many Wonder Magnets have. I might end up switching to some other kind of prize system if I have to.)

Approved formats are for any number of players unless otherwise specified.
The current approved formats for league games

Standard (not in team games)

Lifebonded (not in free for all or 1v1, 2v2 version uses 4x5 forest arena)
(http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13160.15)

Mental
(http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=14253)

Capture the Flag
(http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13164)

(Free for all games are won by the mage that achieves first kill AND by last mage standing.)

Teams

Akiro's Favorites
murphy
Ironlegionairre
Sailor_Vulcan(henry_ketchup)
ACG(acg)

Natural Selection
Schneente
Juli
Schwenkgott
Master Ruprecht
Aridigas

Etherian Savoir Faire
puddnhead
wiwwt
arxiducs
el_titan
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:06:47 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
LFG :D

Seriously, I'm in.  I would very much like to team up with some people from whom I can really learn to play better.  I consider myself a decent player, but a meta-ignorant one, and could really benefit from some key pointers.

--Puddn

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Hope this actually gets some interest. It's a great idea. I'm going to be busy quite a bit IRL but I'd still like to participate. I should be able to get games in sometimes.

Now for the most essential part, thinking of an awesome team name...
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

xMazz

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I'm definitely up for it. Depending on the number of participants, you may have to go down to two people per team (depending on how many teams you were planning to have), but it sounds like a blast!

Fly Molo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I don't get to play this game often enough. I'd live to try out a team, year long contest!

I need a team. My name on OCTGN is warder808

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Great idea!

Team link doesnt Work for me?

Ive been away from the arena far to long, doing non-important mundane "real life" stuff.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
It's not a link. There are no registered teams yet. The (currently empty) list of teams is in the op
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I'm definitely up for it. Depending on the number of participants, you may have to go down to two people per team (depending on how many teams you were planning to have), but it sounds like a blast!

I'm hoping for as many teams as possible. There's technically no registration deadline, so people can join the league at any point throughout the year except on New Year's Eve. Your team still has to have completed at least 30 league games and posted their game logs and screenshots here by midnight jan 1st, though, otherwise your team's win/loss ratio will not be counted. Don't forget that once you join a team, you cannot switch to another team until January 1st of the next year.

And of course, if there's a tie, the team that's played more games trumps the one that's played less.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:21:54 AM by Sailor Vulcan »

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
I believe Coshade, Intangible, and I are forming a team. Don't have an official name yet though.

We would say we're open to more members as well but I think we should let some other teams form up before we add more to ours.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
Agreed, I'm in! Team "Boston Molasses Disaster" Assemble!

If you need help with anything, Vulcan, let me know.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Totally in! Good luck and have fun everyone!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
If anyone needs help choosing a team name, I've already come up with a REALLY good one that I don't want:

"the Hands of Bim-Shalla"

Also, if whoever I team up with agrees to it, then I call dibs on the name "Akiro's Favorites"

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Agreed, I'm in! Team "Boston Molasses Disaster" Assemble!

If you need help with anything, Vulcan, let me know.

That historical event also was known as the "Great Molasses Flood". "Molasses Flood" sounds a lot more impressive IMO, especially since a lot of people won't know what the Boston Molasses disaster is. Would you like to change your team name to "the (Great) Molasses Flood"?

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
I would enjoy having some Akiro's Favor.  You want to set up an audition game, Vulcan?  I'm on OCTGN as Puddnhead

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
Lol. I haven't even asked them what they want for a name. If we go with something MW themed though, I'm pushin for the Darkfenne Dancers, Asyran Pretenders, the (underpaid) Deathshroud Staff, or Galvitar's Horse Maids.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster