April 29, 2024, 02:57:41 PM

Author Topic: The Yearly MageWars Web-League: rules, registration, membership list, help, news  (Read 31136 times)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
A challenger team has arrived

Etherian Savoir Faire

puddnhead
wiwwt
arxiducs
el_titan

See you in the arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Thanks for the explanation Sailor Vulcan. Good points all, strengthening the community. However, I'll still be hoping for a simple 1v1 league due to time constraints.

Finding time is hard enough as is, but finding a time slot with even more people seems impossible for me at the moment and I'd imagine I'm not alone in this boat... :(

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Thanks for the explanation Sailor Vulcan. Good points all, strengthening the community. However, I'll still be hoping for a simple 1v1 league due to time constraints.

Finding time is hard enough as is, but finding a time slot with even more people seems impossible for me at the moment and I'd imagine I'm not alone in this boat... :(
Just because your on a team doesn't mean you have to schedule a game with your team members. You can schedule a game against another player on a different team and play a 1 on 1 game (all day long if you want). These games would just go to meet your teams global games needed in league play.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I am sooooo new to internet forums....!
Last night we played a game for this league with henry_ketchup and promised to report the game in the forum.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to attach a file or insert a screenshot as requested. Can anybody help me?!
May I take the chance to ask if there is any preferred format for reporting this? As attachment or in the body of the post itself?
Thanks!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile

Last night we played a game for this league with henry_ketchup and promised to report the game in the forum.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to attach a file or insert a screenshot as requested. Can anybody help me?!
May I take the chance to ask if there is any preferred format for reporting this? As attachment or in the body of the post itself?
Thanks!

Preferably as attachment. There should be a button for it somewhere on the "reply" page. If you can't figure out how to do it I will do it for you at some point today, tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks for the game!
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile

Thanks!

Preferably as attachment. There should be a button for it somewhere on the "reply" page. If you can't figure out how to do it I will do it for you at some point today, tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks for the game!

I really cannot find the attachments button. According to the help page, this option might not be activated always.
If you can figure it out, please do report our game last night. Thanks to you!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Etherian Savoire Faire: WIN
Akiro's Favorites: LOSE
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Nice game, congratulations arxiducs!  I particularly liked how respectful each of you were and how much sportsmanship was demonstrated!  I wish more gaming communities had that going for them.

By the way, did you never remember to heal your warlock from the blood reaper?  I didn't catch that in the log.

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile

Just because your on a team doesn't mean you have to schedule a game with your team members. You can schedule a game against another player on a different team and play a 1 on 1 game (all day long if you want). These games would just go to meet your teams global games needed in league play.
Hmm, ok. I guess that's just nothing for me then at the moment. If I play a 1v1 without anybody from my team watching, then I see no difference to a "solitary" league game. Deck and strategy discussion is already happening elsewhere and there are plenty of resources around to become a better player.
I'll keep watching this thread and who knows, maybe I will come to realize how this really "works" but for now I'll stick to my spontaneous evening matches against random opponents.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Natural Selection vs Etherian Savoir Faire
   Schwenkgott  1 : 0  wiwwt

Screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9qu8obmm0vakah/Schwenkgott%20vs%20wiwwt%20Game%201.jpg?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:57:27 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile

Natural Selection vs Akiro's Favorites
   Schwenkgott  1 : 0  wiwwt

Screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9qu8obmm0vakah/Schwenkgott%20vs%20wiwwt%20Game%201.jpg?dl=0

PLEASE make sure to report your games correctly. Wiwwt is not a member of Akiro's Favorites. He is part of Etherian Savoire Faire. The list of teams and their members can be found in the OP.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
You are right :) will edit the post.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Akiro's Favorites vs Etherian Savoir Faire
ironlegionnaire   vs wiwwt
                           0   :   1

After a 4 (!) hour match, the priest conceded.

Screenshotpack: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w88t6gvisbm1epy/wiwwt%20vs%20ironkegionnaire.rar?dl=0

Winner Screen: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fonm585aoh6bvee/wiwwt%20%28Warlord%29%20vs%20ironlegionnaire%20%28Priest%29%20Screen%209.jpg?dl=0

Side note: They both used Sacred Ground in the same zone and agreed to play like this.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:46:51 AM by Schwenkgott »

wiwwt

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
This is the same match that Schwenkgott posted above, just with the log as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ttfquhf7cmpded/ironlegionnaire%20game%202.docx?dl=0

fyi, I could not figure how to attach a file to these post the way Sailor Vulcon did.

fapostol

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
How can i see the team Stats?? who win who loose? how many wins have the team etc...