April 29, 2024, 04:36:54 PM

Author Topic: The Yearly MageWars Web-League: rules, registration, membership list, help, news  (Read 31138 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
How can i see the team Stats?? who win who loose? how many wins have the team etc...

I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. I forget what had actually been decided, but right now I'm thinking that it's best to only release the current standings are certain times throughout the year, so that no one takes advantage of that information by racking up wins against weaker players. I probably should have thought of some way to make winner against a more skilled player to count for more, but I never managed to think of it and the league has already begun. I will try to come up with a better system for next year's league.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Is this still going on/does a team need another member?
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
It wasn't really planned well enough and people weren't very active. Feel free to continue reporting league games for now if you want, but the league basically didn't QUITE work out this year. It's not necessarily officially dead this year, it's just in a coma that it may or may not awaken from. We're going to see if single elimination tournaments like the kind schwenk is running generate any more interest.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Also interested if revived  :)
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Every team should update the player base with active ones ;)
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I'd like to throw the idea of a single-player league out there again. I know this would work a lot better for me and would assume the same goes for quite a few spontaneous players out there.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
I think what would work the best for me is if there was a scheduled time to play the game.  If you got matched with an opponent and then the two of you found a time when you could play.  That would keep things moving.  As it is, I have to log on and hope there's an opponent who is in a league team that is on at the same time as me.  Not the easiest task.