March 28, 2024, 03:41:08 PM

Poll

What mage should I play in a team game with an Adramelech Warlock vs (possibly) two Necromancers?

Beastmaster (Johktari)
2 (8.7%)
Beastmaster (Straywood)
0 (0%)
Druid (Wychwood)
2 (8.7%)
Forcemaster (Pellian)
2 (8.7%)
Necromancer (Darkfenne)
0 (0%)
Priest (Malakai)
11 (47.8%)
Priestess (Westlock)
1 (4.3%)
Warlock (Adramelech)
1 (4.3%)
Warlock (Arraxian Crown)
2 (8.7%)
Warlord (Anvil Throne)
0 (0%)
Warlord (Blood Wave)
1 (4.3%)
Wizard (Sortilege)
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: September 29, 2014, 03:21:25 PM

Author Topic: 1000th Post  (Read 8437 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: 1000th Post
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 01:42:14 AM »
Hmmmm that's a good idea Zuberi! Idol and the Temple! Brilliant! I suppose you COULD Divine Intervention something awful at us early on.

Mildly bemused and flattered by a thread discussing how to beat me and a friend. I'm just gonna be over here following it and will leave you for now with:

Mwahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 02:18:03 AM »
You guys should have one Necromancer dedicated towards swarm building and the other dedicated towards conjurations (ie. Idol) and defensive infrastructure (ie. Bone walls with Otto Kronig and Clerics to heal them). Keep the walls up until the swarm is ready to wreck something. Keep in mind the opponent has access to Andramalech as well as probably Valshalla so have a counter for big fliers. Zone attack spells will probably be likely so be careful if the Andramalech Warlock stops 1 zone away from your zombie mosh pit because next turn you will likely be Firestormed. Due to it being a full action to cast a simple quick cast of Forcepush can stop this reliably. Keep in mind if you want to run Zombie Frenzy you will probably have the mana and action to do it every turn between the two of you. Putting it on a wand could render amazing results. Renewing Rain should be standard in both books due to it putting out burns on all friendlies with one action.

See I am not biased. I want to see a recording of everyone getting wrecked. ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 02:35:06 AM »
We've actually teamed before and beat a Priestess/Force Master pairing on a standard board. My partner is also competing in the Wounded Warrior Tournament with his book so we're gonna try and do this Sunday when he'll have a chance to rest and adjust his book for team play.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 10:32:55 AM »
I think that's enough time for the poll. We seem to have a clear winner with the Priest of Malakai. Thank you to everyone for helping me pick. I'm not going to do like Laddinfance with a separate thread for further customization, but if anyone wants to post suggestions for how to build the book further, I would be happy to receive them here.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 10:59:29 AM »
Battle Reports, Spellbooks and pics coming up?  :P
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 02:36:37 PM »
Force Wave would come in handy as a delay tactic against zombies. Mangler Caltrops would be nice for later in the match when Zombie Frenzy starts happening to hinder the zombie swarm in effect negating the fast trait. Fliers are the optimal creature choice as the Necromancer's are lacking in options for that department, Andramalech particularly for sweeping and burn which is the best way to bypass resilience. Selesius the East wind would be really effective against zombies with her push effect and sweeping attack at range. The real concern is not letting either of your mages get cornered so Teleport would be ideal. Or even better have both mages carry two copies of Wall of Steel and box in all the zombies, Bloodthirsty does not add damage against walls.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!