April 25, 2024, 03:48:13 AM

Author Topic: What other games do you like?  (Read 36015 times)

blackirishguilt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Ka is a wheel.
    • View Profile
Re: What other games do you like?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »
New Mage Wars player but it is quickly becoming a favorite.

I was a tournament Magic player before I switched over to Heroclix about a year and a 1/2 ago.

Been getting into more board games recently with Legendary, Pathfinder Adventure and Zombicide probably being my current favorites.  Also picked up the Marvel Dice Masters recently which is fun (in a light reading kind of way).

I'm very interested in X-Wing minis but my discretionary funds are pretty low right now...
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
My buddy got his hands on the new hotness - Splendor. We have gotten a couple of games in and it is a lot of fun to play, maybe 30 - 40 minutes each time including setup and break down. I won one game and lost the second. It's loads of fun and is available again at Coolstuff....

Got to play a micro-game off a Kickstarter called Coinage and it is fun too for what it is. It is quick and fast to play also.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2014, 11:20:28 PM »
So, uh, there's this new game called Sheriff of Nottingham...

Don't know if you guys have heard of it or not ;)

I haven't had the opportunity to play it yet but it looks really awesome. Probably going to preorder it sometime in the next few days. I generally like to try games out before I buy them but this looks like one that is right up my alley. Any game where I can screw over my friends and have a good laugh about it is a good game in my book :P
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »
So, I'm part of a gaming group that meets every Tuesday at a local bar. We draw a crowd every week of 50-60 players. we did hit 82 players a few weeks ago. the guy who runs it has a collection of about 70 games he keeps locked up at the restaurant for us to play, along with a majority of us bringing our own games to play as well. The owner of the restaurant absolutely loves us because if we weren't there his restaurant would be dead on Wednesdays. the food is great, with $4.00 massive sized burgers, as well as a huge craft beer menu.

For international TableTop day we had over 250 people come through. We had tons of prizes to raffle off, and there were also Door prizes. One of the FLGS was there with a booth set up selling games at 30% off MSRP. We had Reps from AEG there demoing games and they even ran a Love Letter Tournament. They also played a few games with us that were still in development.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »
So, tell me where this place is and we may come to visit.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »
it is every Tuesday at a bar in the Chicago Suburbs called Durty Nellies.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 03:30:19 PM »
A wall of my house is dedicated to board games and role playing games. I play a very diverse selection. Of note however I love the game Shadowrun. I currently play in an Actual Play podcast as a character named Maverick. If you want to check it out feel free. It is located at http://arcologypodcast.com/ and is free to listen to. I raise all sorts of hell in that poor game masters game. Lol.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 04:26:50 AM »
Ah, Chicago is a bit far away from Arnhem

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 05:07:26 AM »
A wall of my house is dedicated to board games and role playing games. I play a very diverse selection. Of note however I love the game Shadowrun. I currently play in an Actual Play podcast as a character named Maverick. If you want to check it out feel free. It is located at http://arcologypodcast.com/ and is free to listen to. I raise all sorts of hell in that poor game masters game. Lol.

Ah Shadowrun. What edition are you using? I love playing Street Shamans.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 09:47:08 AM »

Fist Shadowrun character was a dwarf hacker that went by "Thriller". His icon online was synchronized dancing zombies, and he loved 80's music. In fact all of his aliases were members of 80's bands. Gordon Sumner got in so much trouble in Denver it's not funny.

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »
My Girlfriend and I got heavily into the Lord of the rings LCG - we were both turned off by the difficulty but then we played easy mode. Nowadays we can play the normal game and achieve victories as well and since she is in England right now I started playing it solo and I am having a blast with it!

If anyone wants a difficult cooperative/solo LCG set in the Tolkien universe i can only recommend it. But notice that the core game is only the tip of the iceberg of this game - you may follow the bookstories by buying the Sagas expansions or even go further and buy adventure packs or deluxe expansions.
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Maverick

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 11:24:50 PM »

[/quote]

We started a 5th edition game shortly after release. I am rather fond of Adept Gunslingers myself but am trying my hand at a Mystic Adept Gunslinger in this particular campaign.
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Maverick

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 11:30:06 PM »

Fist Shadowrun character was a dwarf hacker that went by "Thriller". His icon online was synchronized dancing zombies, and he loved 80's music. In fact all of his aliases were members of 80's bands. Gordon Sumner got in so much trouble in Denver it's not funny.

Haha! That is one of the things I love about the game. The sheer amount of trouble you can get into. We have been having repeated talks about jumping cities right now in our podcast game. Seattle is getting a little too hot for my taste.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 09:03:13 AM »
Arkham horror,munchkin, lotr the board game, any table top rpg (I favor d&d and 40k), cthulhu flux
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »
Mage Knight, Twilight Imperium and Dead of Winter.
I do not own these, though, my friend who got me started with Mage Wars do :)
Octagon user: Drefan