April 30, 2024, 04:14:08 AM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 380885 times)

ChimpZilla

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Forged In Fire
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2014, 03:42:16 PM »
Indeed. With vampirism enchantment and the new Defend incantation, we have a solid combo.

I just love the fact that anyone attacking a 'Reapered Scourge could be potentially be handing me a free attack, mana, and healing. Amazing how deceptively powerful one keyword makes this.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 04:40:47 PM by ProjectMayhem »

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2014, 05:26:42 PM »
Nice low-level demon. Art is awesome. Preview article here http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/forged-in-fire-preview-infernian-scourger

Edit: 100th post, yay!

That Infernian Scourger looks great. Best preview so far, in my opinion. Throw on a Bear Strength and a Rhino Hide in addition to the Vampirism and you have an ugly little beast terrorizing your opponent! Hmm...

If we're lucky and get another level 1 or 2 demon then we just might see Gate to Hell books hit the meta.

applepi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I like pi(e)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:00 PM »
Finally!  A level 2 demon!  :)

This looks good.  With a +2 bloodthirsty boost, its quick attack is equivalent to a grizzly.  In addition, we also get some really nice artwork.  Good job AW!

Adding this to my gate to hell build ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:57:37 PM by applepi »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2014, 10:09:09 PM »
Yeah I like it a lot. Should go well with a Warlock.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2014, 02:43:36 AM »
wowww , fantastic art, and we have more demons, i like it, now maybe pentagram have a slot in my book spell, but we need more demons for that.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2014, 06:15:33 AM »
Besides the obvious excellent enchantments like Vampirism and Bear Strength, I think Bull Endurance would suit him very well.
Not only would it increase his life total by 50 % but it would also make him much harder to take out with 1 hard hit and potentially get more healing out of his Vampirism.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
Besides the obvious excellent enchantments like Vampirism and Bear Strength, I think Bull Endurance would suit him very well.
Not only would it increase his life total by 50 % but it would also make him much harder to take out with 1 hard hit and potentially get more healing out of his Vampirism.

In most cases I think I would go with Regrowth over Bull Endurance. Gives 4 HP if the creature lives for two rounds after revealing it, and it can be very effective on your mage as well.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2014, 06:32:11 AM »

In most cases I think I would go with Regrowth over Bull Endurance. Gives 4 HP if the creature lives for two rounds after revealing it, and it can be very effective on your mage as well.
Regrowth is nice but best put on a creature who can take a hit ( like at least 10+ HP's ) imo.
With "only" 8 Hp's the Scourger is still in that range where he can be taken out with just 1 blow, making that Regrowth useless.

Putting a Bear Strength and Vampirism on an 8HP critter is very risky imo, so I'd rather pump his life by 50% next than have another alternative healing ability ( regrowth on top of Vampirism) which might never yield any result.

just my 2 cnts :)

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2014, 01:14:45 PM »
I think a preview today to let us dream this week-end would be very nicea and kind ;)

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2014, 04:36:26 PM »

Regrowth is nice but best put on a creature who can take a hit ( like at least 10+ HP's ) imo.
With "only" 8 Hp's the Scourger is still in that range where he can be taken out with just 1 blow, making that Regrowth useless.

Putting a Bear Strength and Vampirism on an 8HP critter is very risky imo, so I'd rather pump his life by 50% next than have another alternative healing ability ( regrowth on top of Vampirism) which might never yield any result.

just my 2 cnts :)

I suppose that makes sense. Though tbh I'd probably go with Rhino Hide before Bull Endurance anyway, unless I was facing a lot of piercing creatures.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2014, 10:28:44 AM »
i hope the next spoiler, would be a plant creature, i read that every mage would be new cards, and my druid need more plants for more variety in my spellbook, pleaseeee more plants!!!!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2014, 12:04:20 PM »
i hope the next spoiler, would be a plant creature, i read that every mage would be new cards, and my druid need more plants for more variety in my spellbook, pleaseeee more plants!!!!

Where'd you read that?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2014, 06:01:02 PM »

Where'd you read that?

Now, i don´t find, was time ago, but maybe the new spells are as CoK, and release one or two spells of every scholl, not only war dark and fire, and not only druid or especific mages, but i hope they dont forget that the druid its a new mage with less cards than the others (i don´t count nature animal, i count plants and spells with a relation with them).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:03:05 PM by isel »

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
I haven't seen any other threads on this, so note these tantalizing previews:

Otto Kronig is basically just a better version of Goblin Builder but without the ability to construct things (he just repairs/improves them). Not sure I would take the time to summon him except in a conjuration swarm deck (which I am hoping will become viable with the new warlord). I like that his reinforce ability is a quick action.

As best I can tell, the other cards are
"Brace Yourself" - Looks like something that takes effect once and is then discarded, probably as a defensive effect.
"Harshforge Monolith" - Well, it is Zone Exclusive and affects all enemies (presumably just the ones in the same zone). It is also really cheap, so I am guessing that it is not epic.
"Disarm*" - Perhaps this targets equipment? It references an object though. The X casting cost makes me think it is a counter-card.

Just speculation, naturally.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 06:43:51 PM by ACG »

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »
My guess for Brace Youself is something like that:

"The enchanted creature gain Vigilant.
At the end of the round, destroye Brace Yourself."