April 30, 2024, 09:39:55 AM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 380894 times)

applepi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I like pi(e)
    • View Profile
Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »
How did you find those cards?  Otto could probably let warlord be of of the better turtling mages, although his 9 channeling sets him back.  I thinks it's really funny how otto's attack is called maul.  I know it's the name of his weapon but the double meaning is nice.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2014, 08:34:41 PM »
How did you find those cards?  Otto could probably let warlord be of of the better turtling mages, although his 9 channeling sets him back.  I thinks it's really funny how otto's attack is called maul.  I know it's the name of his weapon but the double meaning is nice.

They are from the post about GAMA Trade Show.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:16 PM »
It is starting to feel though that the Warlord is becoming less warlord and more engineer lord...  spose it depends on your vision for the role/class.  There are plenty of engineer warlord archtypes in history, just didnt seem quite what the first warlord role card depicted to me.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
It is starting to feel though that the Warlord is becoming less warlord and more engineer lord...  spose it depends on your vision for the role/class.  There are plenty of engineer warlord archtypes in history, just didnt seem quite what the first warlord role card depicted to me.

You need war engines to do war... don't worry, the soldiers preview will come out too ;)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2014, 03:16:35 AM »
otto would be a bit boring if you find a deck with many walls, you put 3 walls in the middle and you spent x turns to do a conjuration strategic while otto make repairings on walls and put armor tokens, i put him in my wizard speel book to repair my wizard tower, would be funny.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2014, 03:31:05 AM »
otto would be a bit boring if you find a deck with many walls, you put 3 walls in the middle and you spent x turns to do a conjuration strategic while otto make repairings on walls and put armor tokens, i put him in my wizard speel book to repair my wizard tower, would be funny.

Flying creature or archer tower would counter the wall strategie.

For the Wizard Tower, spending 11 mana and 6 SP to save a 7 mana and 2 SP card instead to just include another one is discutable.

kailas

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2014, 05:18:13 AM »

I would say the alternative warlord is an engineer, i think his abilities will even do smth with conjurations. The playstyle of the main warlord will not change much.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2014, 09:42:36 AM »
Do we get a preview today? I am addicted to those, I need my daily fix ;)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
Well in Scott's announcement from GAMA from last night there was another preview, Otto Kronig.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
Well in Scott's announcement from GAMA from last night there was another preview, Otto Kronig.

Yeah... But it was yesterday... ;)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2014, 10:11:51 AM »
Did you find "ignite" from GAMA?

I know now I'm just digging through previous days for previews you missed lol. Trust me more is coming. Maybe I can get some art out today... We'll have to see.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »
Did you find "ignite" from GAMA?

I know now I'm just digging through previous days for previews you missed lol. Trust me more is coming. Maybe I can get some art out today... We'll have to see.

Ignite? Where? Gimme a link!

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2014, 10:53:39 AM »
You can find the picture >>HERE<<. It's the third picture in the album. Scott spills the beans about the spell in the comments.

But If you want to save time...

Ignite (Incantation)
Target Corporeal Creature or Conjuration
Level 1 Fire
Mana Cost 2
Range 0-2
Quick Action

If the target does not have a burn condition on them, then they gain one burn condition.

"Do not attempt to control fire; just start it and let the rest happen on its own." - Infernicus, Warlock

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »
Thanks.

I saw the photo when it was posted, but could not see what the cards on the picture was and didnt follow the comments.

So, what will be the preview of tommorow?  ;D

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
Soooooo... About that Arcane Corruption...