March 29, 2024, 10:50:08 AM

Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 6657 times)

Archwizard07

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Where is everyone?
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:13:13 PM »
So I have been away for quite some time but I used to be a regular poster on these forums, however I've come back recently and it seems like there is barely anyone here.

Especially in the area of strategies and tactics....where is everyone? Is there another board somewhere that I don't know about...lol

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »
everyone is keeping their cards close to thier chests

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:10:39 PM »
Well, it's tournament season. Origin's tournament is coming up very soon, Gencon is after that, etc. The people who are participating aren't likely to share their strategies for everyone to see. That might be part of the reason why.

Another thing might be that with (relatively) so few Mages, we've discussed so much about strategies. There are only so many viable strategies you can have with a Mage.

When FiF comes out, expect there to be a surge in talks about this topic though.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:15:25 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:40:43 PM »
Well, it's tournament season. Origin's tournament is coming up very soon, Gencon is after that, etc. The people who are participating aren't likely to share their strategies for everyone to see. That might be part of the reason why.

Another thing might be that with (relatively) so few Mages, we've discussed so much about strategies. There are only so many viable strategies you can have with a Mage.

When FiF comes out, expect there to be a surge in talks about this topic though.

Origins will be a small sample of how the meta stand. It is just like Lord says once we get those results and FiF the meta talks should start back up again.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »
will anyone be giving a commentary of the rounds and tourniment at Origins

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 11:10:12 PM »
I haven't posted much since I haven't been able to play a decent game in quite some time. I remember a couple months ago others mentioning that too.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 07:18:33 AM »
I am ready for you Aylin,  where do you live?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »
will anyone be giving a commentary of the rounds and tourniment at Origins

Will see what I can do. Often the WiFi on site is locked.  :(
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »
great. a daily summary would suffice. It would be great to know how many games, strategies, how the competition is going and any other hivh ppints of the mage wars games.

PoppaBear

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 10:50:23 AM »
Shadow,
I'm volunteering for the first time this year and can turn my smartphone into a wifi hotspot if needed...  My phone is rooted and I don't have a data cap on my plan.  We can discuss it more at length at the show if you want.
PB
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
Ex Ordo Chaos

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
Some info, commentary or spectator friendly news would be really neat!

I would really like to see how MW on top level is played, or at least, how big is a difference between american and european play style when comes to MW :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )