April 27, 2024, 07:46:05 AM

Author Topic: Creature Attack symbols  (Read 4809 times)

tidus99

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Creature Attack symbols
« on: August 24, 2012, 06:09:46 AM »
I watched the video tutorial but I don't think I saw anything about the attacks listed on creature cards and what the symbols mean.

If I look at the Bitterwood Fox on the face book page it has a lightning symbol, sword and the number 3 in a red square.

Does the lightning symbol refer to a quick action?
I assume the sword means melee so in the same zone?
The 3 represents the number of dice rolled?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Attack symbols
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 08:03:58 AM »
Quote from: "tidus99" post=714
I watched the video tutorial but I don't think I saw anything about the attacks listed on creature cards and what the symbols mean.

If I look at the Bitterwood Fox on the face book page it has a lightning symbol, sword and the number 3 in a red square.

Does the lightning symbol refer to a quick action?
I assume the sword means melee so in the same zone?
The 3 represents the number of dice rolled?

Does the lightning symbol refer to a quick action? correct this is a quick attack and can be done after a move action. If the creature is fast it can be done after your 2nd move action.

I assume the sword means melee so in the same zone? Correct Arrow = Ranged attack

The 3 represents the number of dice rolled? correct
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:23:12 AM »
it should be noted that some attacks with certain creatures also have a damage type listed (fire, wind etc)  and that this attack bar so to speak is the same format as on the attack spells.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:11 AM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=719
it should be noted that some attacks with certain creatures also have a damage type listed (fire, wind etc)  and that this attack bar so to speak is the same format as on the attack spells.

Good point. I forgot we decided to use this for all cards that make an attack. It just became second nature to us.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:18:38 PM »
Tidus,

As already noted, your instincts are correct.

For a complete explanation of all the symbols, check out the Codex at the end of the rulebook, which can be downloaded at the link below.

http://magewars.com/jsite/detailed-overview/rules