March 28, 2024, 04:02:46 AM

Author Topic: Tarok vs Gray Angel  (Read 8887 times)

Ayumi

Tarok vs Gray Angel
« on: August 13, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »
Tarok is a +2 against flying creatures.  I assume that Angels are flying creatures.

Slow spell is a moderately priced card.  Is it a decent defense, or is Banish or Nullify needed as The Gray Angel doesn't seem to have AEGIS.

Gray Angel is an absolutely gorgeous card ::dokidoki::

patrickconnor

Re: Tarok vs Gray Angel
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »
Gray Angel is one of my favorite cards. Decent flyer with an awesome ability and unlike the other angels, Gray Angel is not Legendary! Four of these bad boys make a great advance guard for a future Samandriel or Valshalla.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 04:10:47 PM »
Quote from: "Ayumi" post=529
Tarok is a +2 against flying creatures.  I assume that Angels are flying creatures.

Slow spell is a moderately priced card.  Is it a decent defense, or is Banish or Nullify needed as The Gray Angel doesn't seem to have AEGIS.

Gray Angel is an absolutely gorgeous card ::dokidoki::

Ayumi just so you know if you click on a picture in Facebook it will expand to a larger size if the picture has one. I did it for these two.

here is the full Tarok

[spoiler][attachment=33]TaroktheSkyhunter.jpg[/attachment][/spoiler]

This is the full Grey Angel
[spoiler]
[attachment=34]GreyAngel.jpg[/attachment][/spoiler]

As you can see you assumed correctly Grey Angel does fly.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Ayumi

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 01:48:17 AM »
Quote from: "patrickconnor" post=530
Gray Angel is one of my favorite cards. Decent flyer with an awesome ability and unlike the other angels, Gray Angel is not Legendary! Four of these bad boys make a great advance guard for a future Samandriel or Valshalla.

So, there are FOUR Gray Angels in the set!  I am so stoked about creating a band of Angels to fight in the arena.

Can't wait to get my game and learn about Smandriel and Valshalla.

The Priestess is such a positive element in the game, and any fantasy battle game that includes a self sacrificing character is truly a cut above so many of the other games with an emphasis on slaughter.  It's most refreshing and most welcome.

Ayumi

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 01:54:17 AM »
Thank you so much. The Facebook page is a wonderful find, the cards are so beautifully designed, and seeing the people and glimpses of what happens behind-the-scenes really makes the game come alive. My favorite is the picture of the giant Great Dane and his human.  

I hope that, in future, prints of the cards, especially the Angels,  will be available to decorate the gaming den walls.

It's good to know that Gray Angel isn't Legendary, so he has lots of flexibility in where and when he can be brought into play.

Tarok is quite the adversary!  Love those flying critters!

patrickconnor

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »
There are not four Gray Angels in the base game. But I will be getting four as soon as the additional copies become available.

patrickconnor

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
That Great Dane is Barry! And he loves Mage Wars.

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
Is Gray Angel part of the Core Spell Tome?

kamishev

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 02:47:31 AM »
Yes it is. In BGG there is a list of all the spells in the core spell tome, so you can see it for more info.

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 09:19:32 AM »
Quote from: "patrickconnor" post=567
There are not four Gray Angels in the base game. But I will be getting four as soon as the additional copies become available.

How many are there in the base game?

patrickconnor

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 09:47:43 AM »
One (1) copy in the base game. However, we will be coming out with expansion packs that will include multiple copies of spells in each school, e.g. a pack of all Holy Spells that will include multiple copies of Gray Angel :)

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 10:21:05 AM »
Ok, that's good to hear! Please put at least 4 of each interesting/useful spell into those packs.

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »
Quote from: "kamishev" post=572
Yes it is. In BGG there is a list of all the spells in the core spell tome, so you can see it for more info.

[strike]I've read every thread at BGG and havent seen any card lists. Could you provide a link?[/strike]

Nevermind. It wasn't a thread but a file under the core spell tome entry. It's disappointing they're only providing one additional copy of most spells. Even 2 copies doesn't seem like enough for 4 books.