April 24, 2024, 12:48:05 AM

Author Topic: What will your play style be?  (Read 8985 times)

T_Hess

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
What will your play style be?
« on: August 17, 2012, 05:16:12 AM »
Just curious....
But what will everyone's play style out of the get go be for those who haven't been able to play.
and for those who have, What play style seems to work best for you?

I think I'm going to try out either a good Defensive priestess or Maybe a Trap N Funnel Warlock....
and if you're curious by "Trap N Funnel" is I mean I'm going to try to be straight forward attack while cornering my opponent into confronting me....you know "Don't shoot til you see the whites of their eyes" Maybe throw up some walls and dispelling their enchants so they have no defense. Idk if this would work but from the cards I've seen it seems possible. maybe a few summons for support.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: What will your play style be?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »
Quote from: "T_Hess" post=591
Just curious....
But what will everyone's play style out of the get go be for those who haven't been able to play.
and for those who have, What play style seems to work best for you?

I think I'm going to try out either a good Defensive priestess or Maybe a Trap N Funnel Warlock....
and if you're curious by "Trap N Funnel" is I mean I'm going to try to be straight forward attack while cornering my opponent into confronting me....you know "Don't shoot til you see the whites of their eyes" Maybe throw up some walls and dispelling their enchants so they have no defense. Idk if this would work but from the cards I've seen it seems possible. maybe a few summons for support.

I came up with something very very different. A few of the people on the forums got a chance to play verses my new book. Once I fix a few flaws I will post it here.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
blech i just watched, and i was afraid lol.  i did so much tweek of my wizard deck that i went through 3 completely different styles.  equipment heavy and creature heavy.  now its kinda spell heavy with some creatures.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 06:46:03 AM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=614
blech i just watched, and i was afraid lol.  i did so much tweek of my wizard deck that i went through 3 completely different styles.  equipment heavy and creature heavy.  now its kinda spell heavy with some creatures.

Still working on that "build" thinking about swaping attacks to air school.

The other build I am working on was the canine heavy overrun rush build. 6 Foxes, 4 Timber Wolves, 1 Redclaw, 6 Rouse the Beast, 6 Falcons, 4-6 Call of the Wild, 1 Sky hunters, 4 Battle Fury.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

goofy

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 05:42:33 PM »
I like the build u played against me.I work on it a little I got a ? for u

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 03:12:14 AM »
@shadow:  if your chooseing an air wizard i would recomend you switch to air attacks.  having your primary damage type out of school seems rather a waste to me.  besides nothing wrong with lightning bolts and thunder bolts.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=657
@shadow:  if your chooseing an air wizard i would recomend you switch to air attacks.  having your primary damage type out of school seems rather a waste to me.  besides nothing wrong with lightning bolts and thunder bolts.

I may hold off till I have some more options for attacks. Air school needs to be fleshed out a bit more.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »
i think water and earth attacks need a bit more help than air lol.  with thunderbolt, lightning bolt and chain lightning what more do you need?  lol

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=669
i think water and earth attacks need a bit more help than air lol.  with thunderbolt, lightning bolt and chain lightning what more do you need?  lol

AIl I have to remember is to mix my attack schools. I would think a 70% air 30% other would be best and Hail of stone once we print it.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 11:07:59 AM »
yeah i have just started on a warlock deck and i have to make sure i mix in a few other spells as well.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »
As you saw in that test match fire immunity would make you very very sad.

Guardian

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 12:01:22 PM »
Always be sure to have at least 2 main damage type in your book or any immunity can wreck you. Luckily for my priestess build there is very little light immunity out there. Unfortunately for my priestess build I'm going to have to proxy a few cards because I don't have nearly enough temples.