March 28, 2024, 07:48:58 AM

Author Topic: Positioning spells for 2x3 Academy  (Read 6592 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Positioning spells for 2x3 Academy
« on: September 18, 2018, 06:34:12 PM »
Anyone want to help me test some of these? it's for academy except on a 2x3 zone arena.

Force Nudge
costs 2 mana
range 0-1
lv 1 mind
force subtype
incantation
target minor creature
target creature is pushed one zone in direction of your choice

Force Peel
lv1 mind
type enchant
range 0-2
target zone
subtype force, illusion, trap
costs 2 mana, 3 to reveal

when a creature enters this zone, reveal Force Peel. That creature gains the stagger condition and cannot take any more move actions this round. Destroy Force Peel.

Gust
lv1 air
range 0-1
attack spell
1 dice, 5+ push

Divine Coincidence
range 0-2
enchant
cost 2, reveal 5
lv3 holy
target: non-mage creature
Holy mage only
Epic
When this creature is attacked by a non-spell attack, cancel the attack and teleport this creature up to 2 zones away. Then flip the attacker's action marker face up. If the attack had any costs, refund them all. Skip your next creature activation. Destroy Divine Coincidence.

Burrowing
lv2 war or lv 2 nature
target living creature
incantation
costs 3, one less if target is lv1
until the end of this round, when target creature makes a move action, it can instead burrow to an adjacent zone, ignoring enemy creatures and walls.

Trench
conjuration-- wall
costs 5 mana
lv1 earth lv1 war
target: zone border
range 0-1
life 6
does not block passage or los, nor does any passage attacks
This wall hinders creatures that move through it.

Sticky Mud
conjuration: terrain
lv2 earth
range 0-1
target: zone
costs 4 mana
Sticky Mud hinders every creature that enters or start its activation in this zone, unless its controlling mage pays 1 mana.

Ordinary Rope
cost 4 mana
conjuration
2 life
lv1 nature
target: corporeal creature
target creature is restrained

Dimensional Shift
Enchantment
lv2 arcane
subtype: teleport
range 0-2
dissipate 2

This creature gains the phased-out trait. (It treats all objects that do not have the phased-out trait as if they are not in play, and all objects that do not have the phased-out trait treat it as if it is not in play.) Revealing this enchantment counts as a teleport.

Infernal Chains
Conjuration
cost 5 mana
life 2
armor 3
target creature is restrained and gains the anchored trait

Tiger Leap
lv1 nature
target: minor living creature
type enchantment
range 0-2
costs 2 reveal 2 (1 less if target is lv1)
This creature gains the flying trait at the start of each move action it takes. it loses the flying trait at the end of each move action it takes.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:42:52 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Silverclaw

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Positioning spells for 2x3 Academy
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 10:50:11 PM »
Interesting stuff.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »
I think one of the main issues you're going to have to deal with in a 2x3 arena of academy power levels is that a Bash attack of 3 dice is significantly superior (AND FREE!) to most of the academy creatures.  It would be wind spell vs wind spell forever.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:39:57 AM »
I think one of the main issues you're going to have to deal with in a 2x3 arena of academy power levels is that a Bash attack of 3 dice is significantly superior (AND FREE!) to most of the academy creatures.  It would be wind spell vs wind spell forever.
In that case, why not just make a ruling that there's no bash attacks? One could argue that academy level push effects are less forceful than arena push effects, so they don't cause bashing. I mean really, can you imagine being bashed by a spell called "Force nudge"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 09:40:28 AM »
In that case, why not just make a ruling that there's no bash attacks? One could argue that academy level push effects are less forceful than arena push effects, so they don't cause bashing. I mean really, can you imagine being bashed by a spell called "Force nudge"?

Can you imagine being moved by it? :P

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 10:15:53 AM »

Can you imagine being moved by it? :P
No. But I'm not a minor creature. You see where it says that in the target line? It only works on the little guys.