March 28, 2024, 08:52:12 AM

Author Topic: Introduction to Potions!!!  (Read 11606 times)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction to Potions!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 02:31:46 PM »
Hey Zot on the markers yea I believe all Druid markers were misprinted and they actually stopped the sale of both sets at the booth at gencon on Saturday after AW was notified of he mistake.  So yea big error and someone messed up big time in quality check I assume.  There is also a printing error on the card tide elemental.  Should have the word zone added in the text if that indeed was the final draft of hat card. 

Well again I stress on some of these issues to AW please listen to playtesters and spend a little more time on quality of product before printing.  Hopefully they did not lose money from a mistake on their end.  I wish AW the best
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2018, 04:29:16 PM »
i thought it was one potion period, not several at the same time. you can have one potion equipped at any one time. perhaps that got changed too.

No, that's incorrect, and was never correct at any point in playtesting. This would be correct if 'Potion' was a slot location, but it's not, and never was.

You can have any number of potions, as long as they are all different.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 04:54:09 PM »
well for a fact when it was conceived and initially created, it was a 1 potion at a time period. a non slot rule that only one potion equipped at a time.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 05:31:05 PM »
well for a fact when it was conceived and initially created, it was a 1 potion at a time period. a non slot rule that only one potion equipped at a time.

I can't comment on what it was conceived as, but I never saw a PT rules document that said that. We've been using multiple potions since the start. And no feedback that we missed something....

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 06:45:03 PM »
Yea a lot of clarification I think needed to be asked and discussed by us the play testers and the designers.

I’m at fault here too, I made the wrong assumptions on swarms and should of asked or learned what cards worked with them and what did not.  I don’t necessarily think it is our fault.  Maybe more fault with designer intentions and assumptions by us the playtesters.  Maybe just more communication needed to be done on both ends. 

Again imo I don’t think potions are OP at all.  They just add more options to other schools and the solo mage.  If potions were to be different schools I could see an argument making them novice but I also see that if your running less creatures you may have more space points wise to have them in your books. 

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 02:52:10 AM »
From a creative point of view, I can understand why the potions are in natural science, they were made of plants and natural ingredients.
In the future, there should also be potions in other magic schools.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

zzzPAXzzz

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 03:43:45 AM »
I sadly agree with you zot  :-\
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
ROOAAAR — Overextend — ROOAAAR — OVERKILL

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 08:11:24 AM »
I also agree with zot as the one at a time for potions and the u could have made a equipment card card that was like a beer hat which would let u have 2.  Funny and useful all Wisconsin people have them