March 29, 2024, 04:39:56 AM

Author Topic: Promo 2018 just before Academy Druid/Elementalist  (Read 6549 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Promo 2018 just before Academy Druid/Elementalist
« on: August 24, 2018, 03:27:54 AM »
Hi im trying to make a list of current Promo cards.
Feel free to help with the list and or give your opinion.

Acid Blast                            Never used it, but can´t see why it shouldn't come out.
Alfiya                                   Very strong, might be too good? At least its different than most Holy books.
Asto Vidato                         Useless - maybe not that bad, but the sbc alone..
Ankh of Asyra                     Useless
Bind Spirit                           Very niche
Bloodthirsty Strike              Useless like all most of the small incantation buffs you can get once/card.
Blur                                     Very good. Also giving new possibilities. Bummer for Dark School.
Death´s Head Scorpion      Why not?
Debilitate                            Fun card - didn't this come out somewhere?
Dragonclaw Wolverine       Love it :) - didn't this come out somewhere?
Elfric´s Life Ring                 Useless
Eligor Larington                 Useless -  didn't this come out somewhere? (it did)
Gorgon Spearthrower       Why not?
Hidden Tunnels                 Still haven't used it - really should try it out :)
Holy Strike                        Yes - like most novice card this better for non-holy mages (not Wizard)
Lightning Beetle               I don´t have these - but i would love to use em.
Lightning Strike                Useless
Pharaoh´s Cheetah         Meeh - anyone got that +8 effect to work?
Reinforce                          Ok
Ring of healing                 Mend for +1 life, 4 healing @ 2.x mana? Seems good :)
Screaming Zombies          Nobody uses them, ethereal/sweeping/unavoidable/critical is tempting.
Sherean Leviathan           Really strong. Would like it to be Siren only.
Shock                               Useless
Spiked Armor                   Still a promo? Certainly not better than Harshforge or Radiant Breastplate
Staff of Storms                 Love that card :) I think its really good.
Victorian Griffin                 Useless?

Thats it - on the OCTGN Deck builder anyway.
Ill try update with other promos later.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:54:39 AM by Biblofilter »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Re: Promo 2018 just before Academy Druid/Elementalist
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 05:51:57 AM »
You can find a list of promo cards in this file on BGG.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137248/mage-wars-arena-combined-card-list

I have not found a way yet to contribute this type of file to the Arcane Wonders website. However, it is easy to maintain it on the BGG files section under the Mage Wars Arena game page.

I don't have a list of the latest promo cards published so this version probably needs another update. If anyone has a list of these promo cards with their type and card ID, I will update the file and post to this location.

Thanks!
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 06:33:42 AM »
I'd disagree with you on a couple of those cards at least.

Throw a quick melee buff onto Eligor Larington and watch your opponent struggle to decide whether to try to destroy him (and get whacked back with a buffed hit on every attack) or leave him alone (and just let him whack away).

(In theory anyway, since I don't have a copy) Elfric's Life ring + a Sunfire Amulet out at the start of the game gives a lovely Life advantage. Perfect for melee heavy types like Paladin or AC Warlock (or my personal favourite, the Necromancer with the round 1 Idol of Pestilence)

Pharoah's Cheetah + elusive makes for a great roving archer hunter :)

You are right about the one shot incantation buffs and Shock, though.

• Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »
Victorian Griffin can be very good against beastmasters which can throw out a ton of elusive creatures. It's got to be used in combination with a bunch of Guardian Angels, Temple High Guards, and the other powerful guarding holy creatures.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 03:06:00 PM »
Ahnk is only useless cuz it's over priced. Costs way too much to cast. Works great actually when coupled with sacred ground. But the price tag for both remains too high. If one could afford to drop both in one round, and make some sort of attack it could be pretty devastating. But alas 13 mana is a boulder and a rock. Ima go that route almost every time
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:13:37 PM by RomeoXero »
I love this game. Its awesome!

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 06:03:24 PM »

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137248/mage-wars-arena-combined-card-list

I have not found a way yet to contribute this type of file to the Arcane Wonders website. However, it is easy to maintain it on the BGG files section under the Mage Wars Arena game page.

I don't have a list of the latest promo cards published so this version probably needs another update. If anyone has a list of these promo cards with their type and card ID, I will update the file and post to this location.

Thanks!

I can´open the file because i don´t have office
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 06:39:28 PM »
Eligor was released in Paladin vs Siren.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2018, 07:26:20 AM »

Thanks!

I can´open the file because i don´t have office
Thanks for the feedback. I will get a PDF version uploaded when I have the time.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 07:16:03 AM »
An update with Academy cards and promos has been posted at the BGG link above along with a PDF version.

If anyone has a source list for the Academy promo cards that have been published, please share and I will update the file.