April 27, 2024, 01:01:29 AM

Author Topic: Mage wars 2.0  (Read 13499 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mage wars 2.0
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2018, 09:23:31 PM »
Struggling to get back on their feet my masculine buttocks lol. Dude AW does gang busters on Sheriff, Onitama, and Viral. Spoils of War and Totals are respectable as well. Something, oh something just tells me Critical Mass and RWBY are gonna be massive hits too.
Ikr? My bullsh** senses are tingling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2018, 07:26:25 AM »
Yeah, AW is doing just fine. The hard reality is that as much as all of us here are big MW fans, it takes a lot of work to produce, and doesn't bring in the big audience (and thus money) that other products do. And AW is a business.

Ironically, it's mostly the unique features that we all love that make it so. C'est la vie...

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2018, 04:34:28 PM »
Yes. I mean if you consider Barnes & Noble, Books a Million actual bookstores.

Well, I meant Waterstones, but yes others as well, and a small aside but if stores that sell mainly books are not book stores then I wonder what is.

These are major high street players who can easily stock or drop a product at will and not really feel the pinch of it not selling. These sorts of places also stock the Entry level games for board gamers, such as Catan, Ticket to Ride, Cards against Humanity, and others. To get to this level of stocking a game would need a 50-100k print run and are basically a success because they have a mainstream audience. Mage Wars sadly will never be at this level. The fixes required to make it so are 25 years too late, in both the card market and the miniatures market.

If we were to make a 2.0 of this game then personally think that one of the only real markets left is the digital freemium (free with pay wall microtransactions) market. However it would have to be considered carefully as MTGO, MTG Arena (currently in Beta), Hearthstone, and Shadowverse are already big players in this market.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 04:39:14 PM by Beldin »

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 01:40:31 PM »
Maybe update the app I paid to down load would be a start
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 06:15:12 PM »
The lord of the Rings Card Game is coming out on steam here soon. Making a MW digital game with the same amount of polish as this game and hearthstone could bring in a lot of people.