April 27, 2024, 04:48:36 AM

Author Topic: It´s 2018 -- Any news?  (Read 46667 times)

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: It´s 2018 -- Any news?
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2018, 04:31:03 PM »
Are we going to get arena set soon, nothing since siren and pally so was wondering is all

For Arena, no. There has been no word other than that 2018 definitely has no Arena plans. But some Academy sets however near last bits of 2018.

2019? Who knows yet.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2018, 09:19:00 AM »
There is that promo drop that tony was talking about. Hopefully it’s a vol 2. That’s would satisfy me as an arena expansion. While I know we all would like new mages I don’t think new mages are as necessary as they use to be. I think expanding on the mages we have now is more important so that there are more ways of playing different mages. I think the best example of this is the force master. Before the acedmeny expansion there was only so many ways to play the force master. I can’t wait for the Druid expansion hopefully coming this year because that’s another mage that is kind of set in her ways. I think she is more fluid then the force master just because the nature school has been so fleshed out, but I would like to see more plants. It would be nice if they could add in something just a little bit different like force creatures. Where that was a new idea.

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2018, 10:58:20 AM »
I would agree if volume 2 of grimore came out that would be cool enough as an arena fill. Also would like to see basic 2nd mages come out more then anything as example, female wizard and female necro, have 2 choice for each would be nice.  I did also have thought that rather then release arena only set maybe they could  do a arena type release but put in mage card so you can play as either arena or academy.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »
That would be cool so then you can use the abilities for the acedemy mages in arena

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2018, 01:36:15 PM »
Could but then each mage have 2 version and might make changes to it such as having to different abilities one in arena and one in academy
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2018, 01:35:37 AM »
That would be cool so then you can use the abilities for the acedemy mages in arena

Except for the fact that the mage abilities were never meant for multi zone play and would be weak alt mage versions.

Terrazas

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2018, 08:55:39 AM »
But just like we have seen in some acedemy cards where it says if this is lvl 6 mage you roll this many dice. You could  always put something along those lines so then it can work in arena. And since the acedemy expansions are seen by AW as expansions for arena this would be a better way to integrate acedemy into arena.

Robintheboywonder

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »
Yes Grim Vol. 2 would be fine for Arena 2018, while academy gets to shine this year (plus early 2019). Maybe more Trample Creatures since that trait was only given to 2 creatures. Maybe bring out more creatures who use Rage, only Gorilla uses it unless u count promos then you have just 2 nature animal creatures who use it. Maybe have some creatures use Wraith, only that one lightning angel chick uses it. It wouldn't matter how big or small the expansion was so long as people can pick up some new cards to try to build new strategies or perfect their existing ones

Robintheboywonder

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2018, 10:46:48 PM »
Also I had an idea for a game mode where its almost a 2v2, each pair has an Arena Mage and an Academy Mage on their team. This can be played with 4 people or just standard 2 people and u control your arena and academy mages. The idea is Teacher (arena) must protect Student (academy) from dying. If the Arena mage dies its ok but the Academy mage has to be alive to win. Maybe if the arena mage dies then the academy mage has to kill both of the opposing mages, but normally the goal is to kill the academy mage. idk. just an idea of bringing in the academy mages to play with the big boys but without trying to change or boost the academy mages' abilities and stats.

it could be fun with 2 decks per team, especially since the academy mages have smaller spellbooks and some have different training restrictions e.g. academy warlord.

you could just have the academy mage use the basic spell book. Not sure if allowing the academy mage to use arena spells in their book would be fair, but it could be fun.

bitva

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2018, 06:41:33 PM »
Well, now we will have the first Mage to appear in Academy before Arena. Interesting.

bitva

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2018, 06:56:51 PM »
I don't see mention of this elsewhere, to my surprise. Academy Druid and Elementalist are coming this year. I noticed them as pre-orders on Miniature Market. I assumed they were announced at Origins? No mention on here or BGG though...

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2018, 12:16:38 AM »
 :P
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »
As far as I know they were not announced at Origins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2018, 11:13:40 AM »
I thought so and think it's really shit, that from the next mage wars expansions did not hear from AW first
but again from any trader page on the internet.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
maybe we'll 2 new academy mages + 2 new arena mages + a new battleground play-mode during the summer, but AW just forgot to anounce it!!!