April 19, 2024, 09:11:35 AM

Author Topic: It´s 2018 -- Any news?  (Read 46584 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
It´s 2018 -- Any news?
« on: February 28, 2018, 03:31:13 AM »
Helloooooo, we are in 2018, and today we already haven´t news about new products for mage wars during this year, we hear about 4 new mages (academy seems), but  i would like to know something more fixed, and maybe a spoiler.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
Re: It´s 2018 -- Any news?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 03:45:40 AM »
I propose a banana sticker for Isel!
(ok... and a roten apple sticker for me...)

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 02:55:38 PM »
Helloooooo, we are in 2018, and today we already haven´t news about new products for mage wars during this year, we hear about 4 new mages (academy seems), but  i would like to know something more fixed, and maybe a spoiler.

Wow! They say that silence speaks volumes....

It's 2018 so no, if we rely on past information, there will be no new Arena content releasing within the next year (only the 4 new academy Mages). Unfortunate, but not surprising; don't expect anything to be how it used to be  :-\

Seriously, until by some miracle we get new information, I suggest that you either play with others on OCTGN or play something else. You shouldn't have to die of boredom due to lack of content on the game's part

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 05:14:01 AM »
yes, i know that i must play something else, dont worry i have plenty of games, the only thing that i put this, is because it´s a pity that they have a very good game, and they left to die, people left this game for the lack of attention and no new players thanks to this, A really pity....,.

Grimstringer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 07:21:52 AM »

Wow! They say that silence speaks volumes....

It's 2018 so no, if we rely on past information, there will be no new Arena content releasing within the next year (only the 4 new academy Mages). Unfortunate, but not surprising; don't expect anything to be how it used to be  :-\

Seriously, until by some miracle we get new information, I suggest that you either play with others on OCTGN or play something else. You shouldn't have to die of boredom due to lack of content on the game's part

i think you're exaggarating, there is so much content, every mage has many playstyles, i havent mastered any of them yet. (im a new player compared to most ) over 3-4 for each mage, and there are 10 mages without the variants? 

also the matches arent usually the same even if you play vs the same opponent and the same mage..
maybe if you play 2-3 matches every day, but most people whine that they dont play enough mage wars ;p

i cant find how anyone can die of boredom in a game like this.   Sure, we want more arena content, but when it's there we will want more aswell, it will never end! i prefer slow releases, so i have time to buy, and play them to the fullest,(not every month release like other card games,getting the pressure to buy new content or fall behind) i dont think you should compare mage wars to them, there is academy content released, at the start i frowned upon it aswell.  yeah there are many cards that dont have any use in arena, BUT there are also many that open up new playstyles and directions, those are welcome! my only issue is that you have to buy 2 copies to get a playset, this is a huge minus for me. so academy is welcome since it gives new tools and playstyles, with a mini game included ;P

other than that, i also prefer slow releases because that means we get tones of playtasting and balancing for the new mages/cards!

bitva

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
Not a playtester or anything, but my take on the Mage Wars situation is that with the four Academy releases this year, there will then be 10 Academy mages just like there are 10 Arena Mages (without variants as noted above). based on the illustrations on this website, I'd say we have an Academy Necromancer, Druid and Paladin coming this year. Siren is likely but perhaps the illustration is not visible (or maybe it is...)

Once all Arena Mages got their Academy boost, the Arena playing field will be more level and then the Arena expansion floodgates will open. Perhaps AW and/or playtesters want to even everyone out with Academy expansions as much as possible for the full-on Arena onslaught. So far the Arena boosts have been very good for lesser-used mages like Warlord.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 02:01:31 AM »
ive read all your post, and maybe im confused about this, but i only ask for regular news about the next releases, because i believe is normal in any conmmunity that ask for new expansions for this game or anyone to have a update of the future of its favourite game, i dónt ask for a monthly reléase of 600 cards or similar to other games that only sear for the money of their players and not a healthy game, at the begginning of this game were announced one reléase every 6 months, i regularly we have news about the new, i know that this game is well tested and their designers are very cautions in their desing (well , maybe except for the forcemaster), but they must understand that in each game , all players like a regularly feed of news.

In my opinión they must fix a regularly reléase of products or expansions for this game, whithout convert this game in a CCG, because that´s it´s against the spirit of this game.

Maybe for a reléase year:
-one small box with cards for each school, to help to maintain an equilibrium for all mages every year, 40 cards maybe,
- one academy mage after we have the same number as arena mages
- one arena mage or a new type of combat as domination.

i believe it´s not very hard, but more important that all of this it´s a feed of news that give the community the sensation that this game it´s not dead.

This game in my country have had a very bad strike thanks to the fail of traduction of DEVIR, and the few players that bought the game, they left because they haven´t news for the new expansions, although the old players advised him to buy english expansions, but not all players are very happy to play with a game in a foreing language.

I hope the designers read this and gave us something to mantain the spirit of this community, because for now is very descourage to try to promotion this game to the new players, because all people see in others products a better regularly of news and a more fixed dates of releases in expansions, because it´s very normal, in the last 6 months i ve had only one new player and i felt very discourage with this because i don´t like very much to play this game online, i work all my day with computers, and it´s more relaxes for my eyes and mind to play without an screen, and when i see all my mage wars boxes without use....welll you know.

See you around Pals, and i hope soon we get some news or a spoiler of ONE card to rise our spirit for this game.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 08:09:23 AM »
I do feel and understand your concern Isel.  Hopefully they announce something soon as we havie been play testing new sets and I think imo we are closer to the final drafts.  That said  as a play tester we can not share or discuss what’s coming down the pipeline.  Arcane wonders at least currently like to reveal cards when they are ready to print.  Not sure why but they have made changes late in production and I think they don’t want cards to have false information out that does not reflect the final production.  It’s a long process as this is the second cycle of cards I have play tested for. 

I will say the new sets are fun and I look forward to the release.  Hopefully we will hear from someone official soon. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Robert Geistlinger

• Administrator
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Sales & Marketing
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Wonders
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 09:22:17 AM »
Due to past struggles with delivering when we say we're going to deliver, I'm not starting any spoilers --nor am I announcing anything until the print files are actually at the printer and I have an estimated date of arrival of the final product.

We have plans to have 4 Mage Wars Academy mages released this year. Dates for these mages are still unknown as final development is still in process.

Current plans are to work with Arcane Duels for spoiler videos of different cards in addition to showing them off via social media. We also plan to send all card art files to Grga for inclusion with his spellbook builder as each set is released.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:25:15 AM by TonyGullotti »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
"You can tell if a place is civilized by whether they ride their unicorns or cook them up." -- Arhnoot, Blood Wave Warlord

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
I understand not wanting to give dates that you aren't sure you can hit but there's got to be a middle ground of no news and final news. Updates on where in the process things are, news on what is being done open besides generalities of new academy mages, etc. There's got to be something better than complete silence or missing preliminary release dates.

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 09:34:46 PM »
Due to past struggles with delivering when we say we're going to deliver, I'm not starting any spoilers --nor am I announcing anything until the print files are actually at the printer and I have an estimated date of arrival of the final product.

We have plans to have 4 Mage Wars Academy mages released this year. Dates for these mages are still unknown as final development is still in process.

Current plans are to work with Arcane Duels for spoiler videos of different cards in addition to showing them off via social media. We also plan to send all card art files to Grga for inclusion with his spellbook builder as each set is released.

No rush, Tony. We have enoigh arguments here about the workings of cards that taking a bit longer to get them right is better than forcing sets out to a rigid schedule.

(But getting us all worked up by telling us which classes are coming might be fun)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 02:59:02 PM »

(But getting us all worked up by telling us which classes are coming might be fun)

Yeah, that´s what i would like to said, at least something, i know that it´s difficult to make a date for anything, but at least you can put a picture without text saying (What do you believe can do this card?), or the pictures of the new mages and ask , What do you beilieve wich mages are these and maybe you will see soon?. There are plenty of tricks to make you community confortable seeing that this game is live. Its only an opinion, i hope you understand that i trying to fight for the survival of this fantastic game, because there are plenty of competitors whith worse games but with more updated feeds, and people play that games because although people see that are not enouhg good, they see that are live and can be better in the future.

See you soon that new mages!!!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
I think the main issue is just not enough new content in general. From what I understand, a lot of games if not most games don't get translated past the first set or so in other countries. It's sad because mage wars has so much potential  for a real global metagame offline. But it seems like only the biggest most popular games are successful enough for that, and mage wars as awesome as it is can't really compete with giants like mtg.

This game is largely community-driven. The fan base are a large part of what have brought this game to life. Remember Arcane wonders has never had more than 5 people total in it, and now they only have 3. The fact that they're able to make this game and keep making this game as awesome as it is is a big accomplishment.

If you would like to keep the game going in your own countries without using the English versions, talk to Arcane wonders about if they would let you continue to translate it yourself. I know it's a lot of work but someone's going to have to do it if they want it to get done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 05:00:38 PM »
I am in no rush at all. There are still a lot of cards that I have never used yet, at least one mage I have not played yet, and a couple I have only used a handful of times.

I'm still discovering new things with what we already have. 
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Jock McFistpunch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 05:47:53 PM »
I'm honestly pumped about 4 new Academy mages.  I love playing arena but Academy is so much fun. I ffind the Academy cards are also really useful so I'm hoping they'll up my Arena game too.

Can't wait!