April 19, 2024, 02:12:42 PM

Author Topic: ADMW Open 2 - An Open Online Mage Wars Tournament  (Read 48300 times)

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Open 2 - An Open Online Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 09:20:08 AM »
We're only allowed to use each mage once, right?

Jeffman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 09:23:47 AM »
thinking about signing up. However, it is full. Are there others that signed up to get the extra group of 4?

you should definitely sign up, we do have a waiting list that I think has 3 on it right now. I'd have to double check later

Done!!

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 09:38:36 AM »
We're only allowed to use each mage once, right?

Yes, except you can use one mage twice.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2018, 04:10:47 PM »
To early for some tourney hype?

Revealing the current starting field?

Pre tourney interviews?

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »
To early for some tourney hype?

Revealing the current starting field?

Pre tourney interviews?
Those are some pretty good ideas Biblo, especially the second one.
The Phoenix shall rise.

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2018, 12:57:54 AM »
Q(uality-driven non-existent interviewer): 
Sir Jason Crage! Please wait a second. Can you send your fans and concubines away so that we could talk about the upcoming tournament? Expectations for your performance are very high.

A(wesome master of death and destruction):
Well met, Quality-driven non-existent interviewer. Yes, I think I can spare a minute. Join me in my burning cursed carriage. Off now, boys and girls. Speak to my servants if you want to join me later. Please, Sir. Do come in.

Q:
This is more comfortable than it looks from the outside. Is that a real eye hanging from the ceiling?

A:
Nice to see you're paying attention. Took that one from a forcemaster. They do so love to hand out eyes, I thought I'd bring one with me. (laughs menacingly) I also wanted to make a curtain from her attire, but they never seem to bring any clothes worth mentioning.

Q:
Speaking of forcemasters, people expect you to masterfully force your way through this tournament. Since, technically, the groups have not been assigned yet, and this interview is as uselesse as it is premature, let us just pretend that these are the final groups. What do you think of the opponents that have been been assigned to you?

A:
I think they are a gift from the dark gods. I enjoy playing against Shark and think it is going to be a groundbreaking battle of endurance, power and cunning. He has unparalleled knowledge of the deeper workings of our world. I hear he even has the power to make creatures with counterstrike count their Bonus dice three times for every attack.

Q:
What do you think of Drefan?

A:
The man is a gardener, not a warrior. Could you hand me the bottle to your left?

Q:
Is that the blood of your enemies?

A:
I'm not a savage. This is wine. Blood needs to be drunk fresh, unless you want it to lose all flavor.

Q:
Pardon my inexperience with the consummation of blood. From red liquids to red dice, do you have any thoughts on your third opponent?

A:
Diaries? Yes, I really hope he plays his God-Paladin. I haven't seen him on any other mages yet and there just might be a chance he actually knows how to play those. (chuckles) Ah, we're there. Please watch your step on the way to the door. The floor actually IS lava in some spots. Careful with the doorknob. It does love the taste of fingertips.

They walk through torchlit corridors into a room with a long table. Demons scurry around and a great hearth sends shadows dancing through the room.

A:
Please, do take a seat. No need to be so suspicious about the meat. It's beef. I fought zzzPAXzzz yesterday and there's been leftovers.

Q:
Can you tell me anything about your preparations for the tournament? Mmh, it has a good taste. But I do have to say it is a bit tough.

A:
Yes, -2. Don't let it charge at you. My preparations mostly come down to a lot of fighting. I'm trying to get a feel for how low my rolls can theoretically get. There's a point where you just assume all your rolls to deal a third of your dice amount in damage and you start playing around that. Playing around "luck" is simple, actually: If your opponents always roll maximum, don't let them roll.

Q:
You truly demonstrate a masterful style, gripping full control of the field and never letting go. Who do you think you'll face in the finals?

A:
I think Keejchen and Juli are very strong. Romeoxero might have a chance, but he's in a group with Keej and Farkas. Juli has it easy, with only Bright Seargeant Yellow Sailor Henry Vulcan Spork, The Champion Of Justice And Reason and two no-names in his group. As long as the judges defend him against getting dragged into an hour-long stubborn discussion, he should win that. As for the fourth group, out of those four, I only know Grimmbart. I really do wonder how the other three will divide places 1 to 3 among themselves.

Q:
Thank you for having me, Sir. That's it for my questions. I wish you good fortune in the battles to come.

A:
Cleganebowl, get hype!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:53:20 AM by SirJasonCrage »

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2018, 03:43:21 AM »
Q(uality-driven non-existent interviewer): 
Sir Jason Crage! Please wait a second. Can you send your fans and concubines away so that we could talk about the upcoming tournament? Expectations for your performance are very high.

A(wesome master of death and destruction):
Well met, Quality-driven non-existent interviewer. Yes, I think I can spare a minute. Join me in my burning cursed carriage. Off now, boys and girls. Speak to my servants if you want to join me later. Please, Sir. Do come in.

Q:
This is more comfortable than it looks from the outside. Is that a real eye hanging from the ceiling?

A:
Nice to see you're paying attention. Took that one from a forcemaster. They do so love to hand out eyes, I thought I'd bring one with me. (laughs menacingly) I also wanted to make a curtain from her attire, but they never seem to bring any clothes worth mentioning.

Q:
Speaking of forcemasters, people expect you to masterfully force your way through this tournament. Since, technically, the groups have not been assigned yet, and this interview is as uselesse as it is premature, let us just pretend that these are the final groups. What do you think of the opponents that have been been assigned to you?

A:
I think they are a gift from the dark gods. I enjoy playing against Shark and think it is going to be a groundbreaking battle of endurance, power and cunning. He has unparalleled knowledge of the deeper workings of our world. I hear he even has the power to make creatures with counterstrike count their Bonus dice three times for every attack.

Q:

A:
The man is a gardener, not a warrior. Could you hand me the bottle to your left?

Q:
Is that the blood of your enemies?

A:
I'm not a savage. This is wine. Blood needs to be drunk fresh, unless you want it to lose all flavor.

Q:
Pardon my inexperience with the consummation of blood. From red liquids to red dice, do you have any thoughts on your third opponent?

A:
Diaries? Yes, I really hope he plays his God-Paladin. I haven't seen him on any other mages yet and there just might be a chance he actually knows how to play those. (chuckles) Ah, we're there. Please watch your step on the way to the door. The floor actually IS lava in some spots. Careful with the doorknob. It does love the taste of fingertips.

They walk through torchlit corridors into a room with a long table. Demons scurry around and a great hearth sends shadows dancing throught the rooms.

A:
Please, do take a seat. No need to be so suspicious about the meat. It's beef. I fought zzzPAXzzz yesterday and there's been leftovers.

Q:
Can you tell me anything about your preparations four the tournament? Mmh, it has a good taste. But I do have to say it is a bit tough.

A:
Yes, -2. Don't let it charge at you. My preparations mostly come down to a lot of fighting. I'm trying to get a feel for how low my rolls can theoretically get. There's a point where you just assume all your rolls to deal a third of your dice amount in damage and you start playing around that. Playing around "luck" is simple, actually: If your opponents always roll maximum, don't let them roll.

Q:
You truly demonstrate a masterful style, gripping full control of the field and never letting go. Who do you think you'll face in the finals?

A:
I think Keejchen and Juli are very strong. Romeoxero might have a chance, but he's in a group with Keej and Farkas. Juli has it easy, with only Bright Seargeant Yellow Sailor Henry Vulcan Spork, The Champion Of Justice And Reason and two no-names in his group. As long as the judges defend him against getting dragged into an hour-long stubborn discussion, he should win that. As for the fourth group, out of those four, I only know Grimmbart. I really do wonder how the other three will divide places 1 to 3 among themselves.

Q:
Thank you for having me, Sir. That's it for my questions. I wish you good fortune in the battles to come.

A:
Cleganebowl, get hype!

Nice!!

Thank you Sir :)
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2018, 11:21:00 AM »
Nice.

[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC03]Beef[/mwcard]
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »
That was hilarious.10/10. Or at least most of it was.

Also, do I really have a tendency to get that distracted talking during matches? I didn't think I did that so frequently.

Or are you referencing that ONE casual game we played where there was a bit of confusion about whether RAW was matching RAI, and how to handle that confusion, and we went on the forums later and it turned out you were right and I was wrong, and that was the end of it? Which by the way I'm pretty sure happened just one time months ago at least.

While I do have moments where I am or come across as argumentative, I'm pretty sure I don't have a tendency to stall tournament matches by arguing about rules, as you seem to imply.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:14:43 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2018, 05:26:00 PM »
i am sure it was a joke. a fun caricature. same as me puttung out rules for a thread and intentionly breaking them, because as we all know, rules dont apply to me only everyone else.

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 01:23:46 AM »
Also, do I really have a tendency to get that distracted talking during matches? I didn't think I did that so frequently.

Not usually during matches, no.

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2018, 09:14:15 AM »
Q:

A:

This actually made me laugh out loud. Fun idea, keep it going!
Octagon user: Drefan

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2018, 10:24:12 AM »
Really enjoying these! Will update standings next week when i get back from  a work trip
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2018, 11:05:54 AM »
What do you mean by "update standings"? I thought the tourney wasn't starting until april? Did I miss something?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2018, 11:14:41 AM »
revealing the starting field is my guess.  ;D

Back to the point..

I have a question to the Gardener:

How does your plants respond to that loud death music your playing?
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever