March 28, 2024, 04:31:11 PM

Author Topic: ADMW Open 2 - An Open Online Mage Wars Tournament  (Read 45089 times)

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Open 2 - An Open Online Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »
So that means that minds eye is the scource it would move closer to not the mage then right?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 05:42:29 PM »
The opposite in fact. It's saying that regardless of most positions the pull would always go toword the forcemaster not the eye. Which i agree with.
I'm not so sure i agree with the other half of it though. Pull can go in any direction if the eye and forcemaster are in the same zone. Not sure why they are doing that.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 09:37:04 PM »
The opposite in fact. It's saying that regardless of most positions the pull would always go toword the forcemaster not the eye. Which i agree with.
I'm not so sure i agree with the other half of it though. Pull can go in any direction if the eye and forcemaster are in the same zone. Not sure why they are doing that.
Actually it won't allow the pull to go in any direction. It was changed from the original that allowed that.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 11:46:16 PM »
So that means that minds eye is the scource it would move closer to not the mage then right?

This is correct. For ADMW purposes, force pull always pulls toward the source. Mind's eye says that it becomes the source when used.

There is enough ambiguity in the rules as written that we thought we'd clarify. After further research, discussion and deliberation we chose the above interpretation.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 11:26:57 AM »
Wait, the above all confused, what I thought was clear... lol

So Force Pull will go towards the Minds Eye or not?

RAW I think it's 100% clear that it does, I wasn't aware anyone contested this (whether it should is utterly different). But what's the rule for ADMW?

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 12:01:23 PM »
Force Pull will go towards Mind's Eye if Mind's Eye is the source of the spell

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »
Wait, the above all confused, what I thought was clear... lol

So Force Pull will go towards the Minds Eye or not?

RAW I think it's 100% clear that it does, I wasn't aware anyone contested this (whether it should is utterly different). But what's the rule for ADMW?

The confusion is the text on Force Pull. It officially says "pulled towards HER", which could be interpreted that no matter the source, the pull is toward the forcemaster.  That is not Rules as Intended, I believe so we have changed the text to say "pulled towards THE SOURCE" instead of "HER".  No big change to how everyone was playing it, just making sure all of the rules lined up for how it was (correctly, imo) being played already.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:30 PM »

That's as I understood in general, and your original post. I kinda got the feeling people were saying otherwise as the thread progressed, but I much just have misunderstood!

The confusion is the text on Force Pull. It officially says "pulled towards HER", which could be interpreted that no matter the source, the pull is toward the forcemaster.  That is not Rules as Intended, I believe so we have changed the text to say "pulled towards THE SOURCE" instead of "HER".  No big change to how everyone was playing it, just making sure all of the rules lined up for how it was (correctly, imo) being played already.

Gotcha. I don't see 'Her' having any greater weight than 'you' or 'the caster' but fair enough, someone must have wondered, and more clarification is always good!

Thanks both!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 01:42:07 PM »

That's as I understood in general, and your original post. I kinda got the feeling people were saying otherwise as the thread progressed, but I much just have misunderstood!

Gotcha. I don't see 'Her' having any greater weight than 'you' or 'the caster' but fair enough, someone must have wondered, and more clarification is always good!

Thanks both!

Yeah to further the issue in the Forcemaster rulebook it says Forcemaster specifically instead of using a pronoun.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 02:41:22 PM »
Hey guys!

Just wanted to give an update to everyone. We have a full 16 people! If you still want to enter please do. If we have any dropouts we can definitely get you on a waiting list to fill in that slot. Also if we end up getting 4 more people we may add them to the tournament.

Thanks!

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 06:03:13 PM »
Hey guys!

Just wanted to give an update to everyone. We have a full 16 people! If you still want to enter please do. If we have any dropouts we can definitely get you on a waiting list to fill in that slot. Also if we end up getting 4 more people we may add them to the tournament.

Thanks!
4 more would be great as I personally prefer groups of 5 or 6 as opposed to more.
It's better in my opinion since three games is a relatively low number and if you get counterdecked twice, you just don't advance.
More games mean less chance of randomly bad matchups or a single awfully played game to impact your position.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »
Im so looking forward to this!

I do hope most of these matches will be made available on video  :P

Thx a lot for doing all the hard work guys.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Jbuzzsaw79

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 11:30:07 PM »
I agree I have been looking forward to this since I found I miss d last one thanks guys for lining this up and for all the leg work and side things you do so can play this game.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Jeffman

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 09:00:05 AM »
thinking about signing up. However, it is full. Are there others that signed up to get the extra group of 4?

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 09:15:50 AM »
thinking about signing up. However, it is full. Are there others that signed up to get the extra group of 4?

you should definitely sign up, we do have a waiting list that I think has 3 on it right now. I'd have to double check later
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire