March 28, 2024, 09:40:43 AM

Author Topic: Aurora Assault Wizard, Gen Con version  (Read 4471 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Aurora Assault Wizard, Gen Con version
« on: August 21, 2017, 05:16:32 PM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Aurora Assault Wizard[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Wizard (Air) Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAWLA01]3 x Firestream[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01A04]2 x Piercing Thunderstrike[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAPRC01]1 x Aurora Lucere, Dawnbreaker's Chosen[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWA01E02]3 x Arcane Ward[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01E14]3 x Shrink[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01E07]1 x Gator Toughness[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWA01Q04]1 x Leather Chausses[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAPRI03]3 x Disperse[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAPRI01]3 x Crumble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAPRI02]2 x Cure[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01I04]2 x Mend[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 40 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

R1: enchant self with face down gator toughness and equip leather chausses
R2: Summon Dawnbreaker's Chosen

This spellbook is very aggro. Have Dawnbreaker's Chosen attack the enemy mage while you throw attack spells at them. Make sure to crumble and disperse their armor and aegis as well. If they summon a major creature use a shrink on it. Most creatures in academy are minor creatures, they will be unable to remove Dawnbreaker's Chosen's guard marker because she treats them as pests and she'll be able to ignore them if they guard. And a major creature enchanted with shrink will be given the pest trait and so will get the same treatment, so if there are any major enemy creatures, its a good idea to use shrink on them. Remove things like armor and aegis etc and keep throwing attack spells at the enemy mage and attacking with Dawnbreaker's Chosen until they die. If your own damage gets to high, use dawnbreaker's chosen to guard. Cure is good for dealing with pesky weaks on your dawnbreaker's chosen as well as healing it. If the enemy shrinks or tangleroots dawnbreaker's chosen it's often a good idea to disperse it.

Note: Something that I found out after I had already won the tournament is that this deck's main strategy is weak against a priestess using disciples of radiance. If you're using this deck against that, you must destroy the disciples first before going after the priestess. The disciples allow her to damage you for up to three direct damage and use burst healing in the same action. Armor will not protect you, and as long as the priestess has the disciples she'll be able to kill you faster than you can put damage back onto her. Unfortunately I did not get to face such a deck during the tournament. I probably would have got my a** kicked if I had, just like I did in the casual game I played against such a spellbook after the tournament was over.

Hope you like it! Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 06:22:15 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora Assault Wizard, Gen Con version
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 08:38:30 PM »
Why firestream over lightning jolt? Seems the staggers would help a ton in getting an action advantage since you only have 1 creature.  The minor creatures are staggered and the ones that are not are treated as pests when they attack? But thats just my wondering.

Looks solid, though! I really like the idea of that creature and the 3 shrink cards!
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 09:22:27 PM »
Why firestream over lightning jolt? Seems the staggers would help a ton in getting an action advantage since you only have 1 creature.  The minor creatures are staggered and the ones that are not are treated as pests when they attack? But thats just my wondering.

Looks solid, though! I really like the idea of that creature and the 3 shrink cards!
Firestreams deal more damage. I don't need the staggers so much because DC's ability already deals with the minor creatures attacking or guarding anyways. If I do get successfully attacked and damaged enough, I have a couple mends and I can switch Dawnbreaker's Chosen from attacking to guarding. Now, if I wanted to use staggers I would make a more defensive spellbook that tried to out action the opponent over time rather than killing them fast. The reason for using DC over lightning jolts is that she can guard against a bunch of enemy creatures all in the same round because a guard can keep it's guard marker when attacked by a pest if it chooses not to counterstrike. A lightning jolt only works against one creature at a time. Most good academy spellbooks probably don't have room for more than two major creatures in them, so three shrinks is probably enough to deal with major creatures. DC is kind of an ideal buddy when you look at it that way, but in order for her to shine in that role she needs arcane support. Arcane Ward protects her from tanglroots or shrinks, and if there are any that do get though you can disperse. And shrinks help her guard against or attack past major creatures. Wizard's ability let's the shrinks last longer. I didn't have to use wizards ability the entire tournament though, surprisingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:25:05 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 01:47:07 AM »
congrats on your win