March 29, 2024, 05:02:30 AM

Author Topic: New Arcane Wonders Site.  (Read 13062 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: New Arcane Wonders Site.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 05:25:35 PM »
Nobody ever mentions the arena wizard looks ancient compared to the other arena mages. Is arcane honestly so hard to master it takes 50 plus years to get to the level of a 30 something year old Beast Master?
My guess is that the particular person in the male wizard mage art just started school later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
Sort of a continuing education kinda thing? I can dig that.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 07:21:49 PM »
Sort of a continuing education kinda thing? I can dig that.
As I see it Academy Mages are undergraduate students and arena mages are professionals. Speaking of which where are the graduate student mages? I still think we should have something in between Academy and Arena at some point in the future. Something like apprentice mode but with its own spells and mage abilities and customizable spellbooks and level 5 mages and with forwards compatiblity with Arena but not backwards compatiblity with Academy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2017, 02:47:51 AM »
As I see it Academy Mages are undergraduate students and arena mages are professionals.

Isn't academy supposed to be their graduation fight? After the fight, the academy mage is considered a full fledged mage. (age 22-26)  An academy mage is still an extremely powerfull person even if weak compared to arena mages. I think they can be considered as a "professional".

Arena mages however are the best of the best mages that fight in an Arena, in many cases to resolve conflicts between different regions. These guys have been in many battles and have improved through experience and not training. Most professionals never even reaching this power throughout an entire lifetime.

(When reading the stories on the website, it's clear that forces like the necromancer in darkfenne or the rise of the bloodwave warlord isn't something that happens every 2 years. These are not simply professionals)

Speaking of which where are the graduate student mages?
I would consider Naiya and other familiars to be the undergraduate "students" or simply undergraduate mage-like creatures that never reached the level for graduation due to lack of talent/work. Basic knowledge of spells but no stamina or all-round skills.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:53:26 AM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2017, 08:52:53 AM »
Yeah what Hale is saying sounds correct from what i know. There is also the idea of stronger mages in dominaton lore that indicates the mage creature could go to a higher level then we see in arena. But those are extremely rare.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest