April 18, 2024, 01:01:57 AM

Author Topic: Alt necromancer and alt. Druid  (Read 8032 times)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Alt necromancer and alt. Druid
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 02:14:07 PM »
Thought this was interesting 
https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN19M3Q6

possibly altar of skulls was based from this particular Aztec construction. 

It could be cool if the theme of a necro expansion had an Aztec vibe to it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 04:42:46 PM by farkas1 »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 02:41:52 PM »
So did they figure out how to win with the altar then  :P
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 04:45:10 PM »
Yea I assume they figured it out.  it was speculated by someone that witnessed it seen thousands of skulls.   :D
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 05:02:29 AM »
I would keep necromancer only familiar to just necro spells. For poison familiar I would expand on the idea of Malacoda's servant (dark 2 orc cleric promo) and make dark mage only level 3 orc cleric that gets mana when he receives poison damage.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Knabbmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 06:57:35 AM »
I would like for an alternet Necromancer to be less evil to give the impression that death is sad and inevitable. It could be like a ten year old girl who is surrounded by misunderstood nonliving monsters. Here is my idea of what she could be like.

30 life, 9 chanel and same training as the other necro.

It is hard to take farwell.
Once per round when a friendly nonliving creature is destroyed you may prevent that destruction until the next upkeep phase by paying life equal to their level. You may also use it several rounds on the same creature.

Death comes for everyone
Once during each upkeep phase you may pay mana equal to a living creatures level to place a death marker on them. When a creature has a number on death markers equal to their level + 2 you may as a quick spell destroy that creature.

basic attack: range 0-0 1 dice unavoidable, critical damage.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 08:30:27 AM »
I would like for an alternet Necromancer to be less evil to give the impression that death is sad and inevitable. It could be like a ten year old girl who is surrounded by misunderstood nonliving monsters. Here is my idea of what she could be like.

Once per round when a friendly nonliving creature is destroyed you may prevent that destruction until the next upkeep phase by paying life equal to their level. You may also use it several rounds on the same creature.

Death comes for everyone
Once during each upkeep phase you may pay mana equal to a living creatures level to place a death marker on them. When a creature has a number on death markers equal to their level + 2 you may as a quick spell destroy that creature.

No. Just no. Death IS evil unless there's a good afterlife, and judging by the fact that Drain Soul basically drains life, and that ressurection spells exist but are expensive to cast and require specialized traning, I would have to assume that most people in etheria cease to exist when they die, just like in real life. Otherwise murder and genocide wouldn't be so bad. Also, once a reader becomes aware of this, having a good, inclusive afterlife in a story drains all the dramatic tension out of it. If everyone who the protagonist ever lost still lives on afterwards, what the heck was the protagonist fighting for the whole time? Why go to such great lengths to save lives if there are almost no seriously bad consequences for people who do die?

That being said, I can imagine a necromancer who only takes life in order to save life, whose great knowledge of poison and diseases helps solve crimes, as well as helping student holy mages learn to recognize symptoms of different health conditions.

I don't think you need an alternate version of the necromancer for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:37:56 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Knabbmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 09:31:46 AM »

Death comes for everyone

No. Just no. Death IS evil unless there's a good afterlife, and judging by the fact that Drain Soul basically drains life, and that ressurection spells exist but are expensive to cast and require specialized traning, I would have to assume that most people in etheria cease to exist when they die, just like in real life. Otherwise murder and genocide wouldn't be so bad. Also, once a reader becomes aware of this, having a good, inclusive afterlife in a story drains all the dramatic tension out of it. If everyone who the protagonist ever lost still lives on afterwards, what the heck was the protagonist fighting for the whole time? Why go to such great lengths to save lives if there are almost no seriously bad consequences for people who do die?

That being said, I can imagine a necromancer who only takes life in order to save life, whose great knowledge of poison and diseases helps solve crimes, as well as helping student holy mages learn to recognize symptoms of different health conditions.

Then i probably put it in a bad way because you seem to have gotten a different picture from what i wrote then i had in mind. There is no happy afterlife the necromancer is just desperatly trying to help other miserable souls who are neither dead or alive. As they are being hunted down by the dawn breaker. And she gives away some of her life to protect the only friends she has (non-living stuff) but they will all eventualy go away.

so it was being less evil not cuz its happy but cuz its sad.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »

Death comes for everyone

Then i probably put it in a bad way because you seem to have gotten a different picture from what i wrote then i had in mind. There is no happy afterlife the necromancer is just desperatly trying to help other miserable souls who are neither dead or alive. As they are being hunted down by the dawn breaker. And she gives away some of her life to protect the only friends she has (non-living stuff) but they will all eventualy go away.

so it was being less evil not cuz its happy but cuz its sad.
Huh. I see. So ghost/spirit/phantom creatures with dissipate x trait. Necromancer with ability to pay some of her life to add dissipate tokens to them. That actually would be kinda cool.

Maybe they could have enchantment forms which can allow them to temporarily take control of an enemy living creature. I imagine them working kind of like talos. The creatures would cost some spell points, but their enchantment forms would be free to include in your deck, and could only be cast from the effect of their creature forms.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:50:52 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »

With only 30 life it seems hard to give away some of those several times. She would need more life to begin with or a non-removable ability to gain life (kind of like the priestess, but dark and sad for sure).

Knabbmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 02:52:18 PM »

With only 30 life it seems hard to give away some of those several times. She would need more life to begin with or a non-removable ability to gain life (kind of like the priestess, but dark and sad for sure).
I see your point and agree to some extent. But the reason i thought low life would be a good choice is that you for exempel could spend 1 life save a falcon and get 3 dice. She would directly turn life into damage very efficently and also it dosen't take actions. With a that monster of an ability i thought a limit would be important.