March 28, 2024, 12:21:50 PM

Author Topic: This might be interesting. A poll dudes and dudettes  (Read 25659 times)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: This might be interesting. A poll dudes and dudettes
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2017, 09:50:48 AM »
 He's still around, its just that you've got to go back to actually thinking your way into a good book for him. It was a bit too easy to make a brute force killer out of the wizard than to take advantage of the awesome arcane school. Besides that almost every wizard you see In the library is a NON air wizard, makin them unplayable now. He's not the "auto win" choice anymore.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »
He's still around, its just that you've got to go back to actually thinking your way into a good book for him. It was a bit too easy to make a brute force killer out of the wizard than to take advantage of the awesome arcane school. Besides that almost every wizard you see In the library is a NON air wizard, makin them unplayable now. He's not the "auto win" choice anymore.
The thing is, for top level players like Mystery and Schwen, the wizard was not OP. It was mainly for the general public. And that's considering he was ever really OP.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
This might be interesting. A poll dudes and dudettes
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 10:32:06 AM »

I wish we could play earlier metas again but with the wizard and tower erratas this time. It would be fun and interesting to see what it would've been like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »
Honestly I'm not sure if he tower errata was necessary especially with the wizard being only air focused.  IMo the air only focus was neccessary to allow the other mages be more unique and strong in the element of their training.  The wizard tower was a pretty drastic change with the inclusion of the air focused training.  Maybe changing the bound spell with an additional mana cost would of been a better option.

I guess the one good thing the wizard tower errata did was change the need to include 3-4 in every wizard build. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
Honestly I'm not sure if he tower errata was necessary especially with the wizard being only air focused.  IMo the air only focus was neccessary to allow the other mages be more unique and strong in the element of their training.  The wizard tower was a pretty drastic change with the inclusion of the air focused training.  Maybe changing the bound spell with an additional mana cost would of been a better option.

I guess the one good thing the wizard tower errata did was change the need to include 3-4 in every wizard build.
Agreed.
The tower wasn't necarily OP. Schwen has pointed out numerous times the endless ways to deal with it.
The Phoenix shall rise.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 11:43:29 AM »

Agreed.
The tower wasn't necarily OP. Schwen has pointed out numerous times the endless ways to deal with it.
I would disagree here, but that discussion is too retro :)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 12:05:09 PM »
Folks lets move the Wizard discussion to one of the many Wizard threads?
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2017, 12:56:45 PM »
Agreed. Free up space for bashing the beastmaster!   :D

especially those southern beastmasters.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:58:45 PM by zot »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 02:04:33 PM »
In 89 days you're mine Zot. Just an appetizer on my way to your buddy Coshade :)

Don't go messin with a country boy  ;)
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2017, 02:05:11 PM »
My favorite mage is the Forcemaster because I love the positional abilities and spells she has at her disposal.  I also enjoy playing the Paladin and the Priestess.  I like the Holy school's ability to keep its creatures alive so that they can wreck stuff.  I have fun every time I play a Bloodwave Warlord as well.

Personally, I think I'm best with the Priestess.  Her combinations just feel natural to my playstyle.  Her Restore ability is unbelievably underrated. Of course, given a random Forcemaster book I can probably acquit myself well also (I would be AMAZING with her if I could every have her Deflect work :P).

I still have a bad taste in my mouth regarding Wizards.  I don't like them and I probably never will.
My least favorite mage to fight against is the Bloodwave Warlord because I want him to win so badly. :)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 02:12:14 PM »
In 89 days you're mine Zot. Just an appetizer on my way to your buddy Coshade :)

Don't go messin with a country boy  ;)

hrmph

neenair  neeenair

French for:     :P

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 02:16:11 PM »

I still have a bad taste in my mouth regarding Wizards.  I don't like them and I probably never will.
My least favorite mage to fight against is the Bloodwave Warlord because I want him to win so badly. :)

That bad taste is the lingering zot from an electrical blast. The twitches and tremors are permanent however.  :)

Though I do agree the deflect on the forcemaster is awesome when it works.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »

That bad taste is the lingering zot from an electrical blast. The twitches and tremors are permanent however.  :)

Though I do agree the deflect on the forcemaster is awesome when it works.
I only really play a blasting wizard. I never liked gate and likely never will.
The Phoenix shall rise.