March 28, 2024, 05:00:58 PM

Author Topic: This might be interesting. A poll dudes and dudettes  (Read 25662 times)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: This might be interesting. A poll dudes and dudettes
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »
I am really liking the orc warlord. I have been really happy with mine of late. I forgot to mention least favorite mage to play. I think jaktari.
What makes you like him?
Have you figured him out! ;)

I think so. I have played several games and have won most. beating some decent opponents fielding strong books. more play needed to make sure it is solid. it is a mage I am seriously considering for gen con. I know folks dog the orc, but I disagree.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 03:17:27 PM »
I think the Bloodwave is a very strong mage who's only getting stronger in the not too distant future. I'd love to see some at Gen Con.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 03:21:04 PM »
I think the Bloodwave is a very strong mage who's only getting stronger in the not too distant future. I'd love to see some at Gen Con.
Why do you think the community thinks the so bad then?
The Phoenix shall rise.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2017, 03:22:57 PM »
not to derail this thread. I think they like the dwarf abilities by comparison and view them as significantly better. which is fine and possibly correct.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »
 There are like 4 threads on that Red, lol is mostly that his orders are sub par versions of existing spells and veteran is a crappy ability. Before FiF and PvS he has a really crappy creature selection as well
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2017, 03:36:19 PM »
and veteran is a crappy ability.
If only they could stack...

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »
    this is an interesting topic. favorite mage and which you play best. and how some folks have different answers for the two.  I would guess some really like the thematics of certain mages but play others more effectively.

and it is also cool to see what people really like for the two as well. Now why you all don't like wizards is beyond me.  :D

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 04:16:20 PM »
So sorry I only answered half the question.

Least Favorite Mage to Play: Force Master. I'm terrible with this mage and she just does not synch for me. I greatly respect good FM players but I'm just not one of them.

Least Favorite to Fight: I don't think I have one. I'll fight anyone with any mage. I have beaten and lost to every mage. I use to hate the predictability of Wizards though I normally beat them. Since errata they're less formula driven.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2017, 07:25:49 PM »
Coshade, how you gonna comment and not give us your picks? Come ahhhn!

It's actually really funny because we have the same picks.
I love the Priest. I like using chance dice you get from dazes to try and have a proper defense. The Holy Avenger is also a blast for similar reasons that the Pet rocks. I prefer the Priest because he has certain avenues that the other holy mages just cant replicate that you mentioned. With all the new holy stuff that came out I am still experimenting with tons of new stuff. The runner up for most fun is Beastslinger. That is just a ridiculously fun book that everyone has a laugh after the game is done.

My best mage is really tough for me to pinpoint. I think my Druid is the strongest (again like you romeo XD), but at the same time it's tough for me to decide. The ones in the running are Priest, Druid, Siren, and Wizard. I've worked pretty extensively on those four books and they all have a chance against each other. 

In terms of what mage I prefer to not play against I would rather change that question. I really dislike the playstyles that delay the game for the sake of delaying. Sometimes having 6 tanglevines makes sense, other times its just delaying an inevitable. High armor books that have no followup tend to be unfun to play against.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:33:24 PM by Coshade »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2017, 03:05:35 PM »
I'm quite surprised that the Siren is not on this list; mind you her life is quite low....

Best Mage: I would have to go with a top 3 on this one

1- Forcemaster: You wanna win a quick game and guarantee that your opponent has no control? Forcemaster is your best option, with pretty much all you need to make sure your opponent stops dead in his tracks. If you're quick/efficient enough, you don't need to worry about creature swarms too much. Only major weakness is a opponent wizard who's filled with Arcane spells

2- Druid: Plants are limited yet so powerful. So many available options, with your only major weakness being fire, although this is easily bettered by almost everything you own having regenerating traits. Definitely a powerhouse in my books

3-Siren: Surprised that she isn't on this list yet; all you need is some shallow Sea, Crocodiles, the Sherean Leviathan and the Kraken and you are an immediate threat, no matter you the opponent is playing as. Only issues I have are her low life and mana, as well as the fact that the designers did not give her any triple costs for fire spells (why I do not know....)

Worst Mage for me has to be the Bloodwave Warlord; just a bunch of basic military units with no special characteristics, and besides for the tough equipment that he has there's no much more that can help his cause.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:08:03 PM by EricTheGreat12 »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2017, 04:32:59 PM »
I'm quite surprised that the Siren is not on this list; mind you her life is quite low....

1- Forcemaster: You wanna win a quick game and guarantee that your opponent has no control? Forcemaster is your best option, with pretty much all you need to make sure your opponent stops dead in his tracks. If you're quick/efficient enough, you don't need to worry about creature swarms too much. Only major weakness is a opponent wizard who's filled with Arcane spells

2- Druid: Plants are limited yet so powerful. So many available options, with your only major weakness being fire, although this is easily bettered by almost everything you own having regenerating traits. Definitely a powerhouse in my books

3-Siren: Surprised that she isn't on this list yet; all you need is some shallow Sea, Crocodiles, the Sherean Leviathan and the Kraken and you are an immediate threat, no matter you the opponent is playing as. Only issues I have are her low life and mana, as well as the fact that the designers did not give her any triple costs for fire spells (why I do not know....)

Worst Mage for me has to be the Bloodwave Warlord; just a bunch of basic military units with no special characteristics, and besides for the tough equipment that he has there's no much more that can help his cause.

Why would she have triple cost for fire? She's a water Mage not an ice Mage. As for why she doesn't have a triple cost school, maybe it's to compensate for her low life? Mages don't have to have a triple cost school to be balanced. But all mages must have relative strengths and weaknesses, things they do better at and things they do worse at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2017, 06:58:11 PM »

Why would she have triple cost for fire? She's a water Mage not an ice Mage. As for why she doesn't have a triple cost school, maybe it's to compensate for her low life? Mages don't have to have a triple cost school to be balanced. But all mages must have relative strengths and weaknesses, things they do better at and things they do worse at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be curious to see any tangible example of a Siren mastering the art of Fire

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2017, 07:33:00 PM »

All you need? That's like 80 + mana!
The Phoenix shall rise.

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »

All you need? That's like 80 + mana!

My bad  ;D

That is what I believe is the bare minimum. The best way to play here is full on creature mode, but there are many other water cards which can help her out

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2017, 02:31:51 AM »
ב"ה
I don't have a best mage, I usually win with all mages.
I like most the holy mages and the forcemaster, with the straywood not far away from them.
I dislike the necromancer, even though I won all 5 games I played one, and won against it 4 out of 5 games. Even though I know how to counter him, using him still feel like cheating. I hate zombie necromancers more than I hate skeleton necromancers.