March 28, 2024, 06:44:13 AM

Author Topic: General's Signet Ring  (Read 9533 times)

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: General's Signet Ring
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »
ב"ה
So far, this opening with 3a was a fast enough response to early aggression. Once it will fail me, I might change it.
In my local meta, turn 2 aggression usually don't deal enough damage to seriously threaten on the 2nd turn, but is a beginning for a more serious aggression on the following rounds. Against such aggression usually the panzergarde+defend on turn 3 is enough, and the goblin grunt is a 3 dice attack until my opponent take an action to get rid of him (which is an action not spent on attacking my mage).

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 07:47:45 PM »
ב"ה
So far, this opening with 3a was a fast enough response to early aggression. Once it will fail me, I might change it.
In my local meta, turn 2 aggression usually don't deal enough damage to seriously threaten on the 2nd turn, but is a beginning for a more serious aggression on the following rounds. Against such aggression usually the panzergarde+defend on turn 3 is enough, and the goblin grunt is a 3 dice attack until my opponent take an action to get rid of him (which is an action not spent on attacking my mage).

Completely fair.  Just saying that my mileage varies. :)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 08:59:22 PM »
 Thinking about the ring too with a battle forge, but with the anvil throne warlord.  Power rune it and either hard cast orcs or go for the barracks and something cheap to get it to 2 mana per turn.  I plan on running goblin grunts and slingers, equipping the dwarf for a more attack oriented build.  Not sure when I plan on attacking yet.  I do like the power rune for an elemental wand hurl rock tho too. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

aridigas

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 02:33:03 AM »
Thinking about the ring too with a battle forge, but with the anvil throne warlord.  Power rune it and either hard cast orcs or go for the barracks and something cheap to get it to 2 mana per turn.  I plan on running goblin grunts and slingers, equipping the dwarf for a more attack oriented build.  Not sure when I plan on attacking yet.  I do like the power rune for an elemental wand hurl rock tho too.

You want to put Rne of Power on the ring or am I misunderstanding?
While I think this is a legal move, it wouldn't benefit you. The rune only discounts spell actions that equipment allows, like using or hanging the bound spell.
It will however increase the cost of destroying your signet ring. And i will look quite cool with some runes.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 02:07:52 PM »
Ok good to know.

I was told recently it worked on the ring.  unfortunately it doesn't.  I guess I will use it on elemental wand to hurl rocks.   

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 10:25:32 AM »
Definitely doesn't work that way - this is a fundamental like Mana Crystals not having a Channelling trait.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 03:32:17 PM »
I wouldn't consider it being the same as mistaking a mana crystal for channeling trait.  First of all runes have special text and description for each one in the rule book.  That's not on the rune itself.  Similar to Pallys auras they have that extra layer of text or having to know what they exactly do.  Obviously most runes are way easier to understand than others which makes runes easier than auras. 

i was also going off a pretty experienced player's idea of how he used it.  Which was wrong to assume it worked that way without fully reading the power runes limitations. 

That said everyone makes mistakes and I'm glad I have people on the forums to correct rules errors. 

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 12:38:17 AM »
I wan't talking about anyone's mistakes, just that it's a fundamental terminology error - I think it is the same as  Mana Crystals personally. It gives -1 power off of activation costs, there is no activation cost involved in using rings.