March 28, 2024, 01:49:01 PM

Author Topic: 1 Dispel and Dissolve  (Read 9029 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Dispel and Dissolve
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 12:35:35 AM »
Trent Magus I'll note is an older and more seasoned gamer than me. He's also if I may be frank smarter than me. Fighting your gaming mentor is always unnerving and while we're fine helping each other between matches once Initiative is rolled there is no quarter given between two friends.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 12:37:12 AM »
Trent Magus I'll note is an older and more seasoned gamer than me. He's also if I may be frank smarter than me. Fighting your gaming mentor is always unnerving and while we're fine helping each other between matches once Initiative is rolled there is no quarter given between two friends.
Is Ms. Sarah's forcemaster more tradtional aggro then?
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 12:56:09 AM »
Sarahs book is not something I've fought in a while so couldn't tell you. She beat Biblofilters Beast Master at Mace I know that. Then lost to Sharkbaits Warlock. She also doesn't have LG yet so there's that too. Had she beaten Sharkbait she'd have fought Jimillia next and I'd have bet cash against her then. She's beaten me a number of times with my BM I'll say that. She has a better Win/Loss against me than Trent Magus.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 03:49:07 AM »

There are tomes of material written on this. Fighting the "better" opponent is all about your own gaming steel. You have to treat it more seriously and watch your own moves. Nerves are things that lose games, while concentration and focus overcome obstacles.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
Oh I'm never happier than when fighting someone on my level or just above it. I'll play it down but since today is my birthday I'll admit to it just once: I'm a very good Mage Warrior and that's because I fight other very good players as well.

I wish Trent all the blessings in the world with his wife and kids in the Czech Republic but I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't miss the guy  ;D

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 09:45:51 AM »
Oh I'm never happier than when fighting someone on my level or just above it. I'll play it down but since today is my birthday I'll admit to it just once: I'm a very good Mage Warrior and that's because I fight other very good players as well.

I wish Trent all the blessings in the world with his wife and kids in the Czech Republic but I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't miss the guy  ;D
Hope he is doing well!
How do your matches with Jimilia usually end up?
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 10:20:22 AM »
Jimillia can without trying beat any mage other than my Straywood. I'll get occasional wins with my Warlock or Warlord but I've never even scratched her with Holy. I've beaten her with a Wizard a few times but she's crushed me there too.

Main book against main it's going to be a toss up. If I lead with Cervere or my falcons I'm going to lose. She can just counter that almost by muscle memory now. If I lead with a big heavy hitter and get in her face fast I can keep her on the defense long enough to win it. Longer the match goes, more it favors her.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »
Jimillia can without trying beat any mage other than my Straywood. I'll get occasional wins with my Warlock or Warlord but I've never even scratched her with Holy. I've beaten her with a Wizard a few times but she's crushed me there too.

Main book against main it's going to be a toss up. If I lead with Cervere or my falcons I'm going to lose. She can just counter that almost by muscle memory now. If I lead with a big heavy hitter and get in her face fast I can keep her on the defense long enough to win it. Longer the match goes, more it favors her.
E
Very very interesting. Her first couple turns seems something like.
Double MANA crystal
Knightx3 + whatever she needs.
A bit surprised she hears holy so easily, only deathlock to prevent healing

I am also a bit worried about the no ethereal dmg source. Even while trying not to make assumption about your meta, no ethereal dmg type implies Incorporal is not common.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:29:35 AM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »

Happy birthday!
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 12:02:31 PM »

Happy birthday!
I second

I've been testing Jimilia's book out and have run into some problems. 
Opening death ring knight
T2 knight? leaves you at one mana
To little mana
Not sure how to react to spawnpoints
not enough cheap reactions.
Not sure if I want to get into the frey or not
Sure these are only problems becasue I am not very experienced with the deck.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:29:27 PM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 09:18:28 AM »
All I can say to you is it's not designed to work for everyone. I've never played her book, I don't play Necromancer much anymore myself though I use to run Skellies back in the day. If this isn't working for you then try something else man.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2017, 09:30:55 AM »
All I can say to you is it's not designed to work for everyone. I've never played her book, I don't play Necromancer much anymore myself though I use to run Skellies back in the day. If this isn't working for you then try something else man.
Yeah, I will keep trying though :)
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2017, 11:33:17 AM »
Maybe one day she'll become active on the forums(don't count on it soon) and can explain it better. Right now only Devil, JasonBourne, and myself regularly post from Charlotte.