April 19, 2024, 09:57:01 PM

Author Topic: OCTGN General Update  (Read 21378 times)

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
OCTGN General Update
« on: December 09, 2016, 09:16:02 PM »
Good news everyone!

I've figured out how to push updates out to everyone so there are no more janky instructions!
In light of that, I've automated half a dozen new things and I'll try to list them below. let me know if you have any issues/spot any bugs.

1.15.7:

- Malacoda/Ghoul Rot/Plagued/Curse of Decay/Idol of Pestilence will automatically damage
- Curse Item can target items
- Arcane Ward can target anything but Enchantments (working on this one still)
- Demonic Link will automatically heal the mage 1 time/turn/demon with it cast on them
- You can attack Walls again without it asking you to cast the attacker
- Paladin's card flips with his Divine Challenge on it

1.15.8:

I've fixed a few bugs that I found with the DoT cards, they should all work fine now
I've also automated arcane corruption.

1.15.9:
-I've updated Curse Item so that it will fully automate (choice to keep the cursed equipment, choosing no will destroy it, yes will give you 2 damage)
- Naiya will now channel extra in a shallow sea
- Afflicted Demon will flip with 2 weak tokens. Moving them is still manual
- Grapple is semi-automated. The creature with the grapple token will automatically roll 2 less dice against anyone. Since it can only attack its grappler, that shouldn't be a problem. Creatures with flying will lose it properly as well. I haven't implemented a solution to figure out grapple ownership yet (Meaning with multiple grapples going on, keep track who which creature is whose prey). This is important for Drokkar's tailspike. Currently he'll roll 2 dice extra against every creature with a grapple token, not just "his" prey. This should only become a problem if there are multiple grapples in a zone.
- Slam/Incapacitate effects will now remove flying as it should.
- Sistarran Robes has been fixed and properly gives armor now
- Knight's Courage will attach properly now

Image Packs will still be HERE and I'll update the Mage Wars OCTGN Blog site sometime soon with that info
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:28:21 PM by SharkBait »
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: OCTGN General Update
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 10:56:42 PM »
Rock on, Shark!  This is great news!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 11:04:15 PM »
Nice work! How current is this? I just finished a game ghoul rot was not auto.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 11:13:12 PM »
If you started the game before this message went up, 2 hours ago, then you probably didn't have the update.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 12:01:23 PM »
I've fixed a few bugs that I found with the DoT cards, they should all work fine in 1.15.8 now.
I've also automated arcane corruption.

If anyone finds any bugs/has a wishlist they'd like to see updated/automated then let me know and I'll see if i can get to it

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »
Can you fix it so when a creature loses Flying, it actually treats it as not having Flying? Also, I noticed Shallow Sea doesn't seem to be coded yet, and that one is probably fairly important since Siren pretty much always has it.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 02:01:34 PM »
Can you fix it so when a creature loses Flying, it actually treats it as not having Flying? Also, I noticed Shallow Sea doesn't seem to be coded yet, and that one is probably fairly important since Siren pretty much always has it.

Shallow sea should be working, can you be more specific?

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 05:56:49 PM »

The regen for Siren didn't seem to automate, and as best I could tell, the Melee+1 wasn't working either. I also think it was weakening my Blood Demon even while it was flying, and it says its not suppose to do that.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 09:12:24 PM »

The regen for Siren didn't seem to automate, and as best I could tell, the Melee+1 wasn't working either. I also think it was weakening my Blood Demon even while it was flying, and it says its not suppose to do that.

I've gone back and tested each of those and they all work. The Blood Demon will actually be weakened if it's attacking a non-flying creature since Flying creatures will lose flying to make a melee attack against a grounded target

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 09:15:04 PM »

I've gone back and tested each of those and they all work. The Blood Demon will actually be weakened if it's attacking a non-flying creature since Flying creatures will lose flying to make a melee attack against a grounded target

Ah. Maybe it was just a bug then. Did you also test the melee on the Siren?

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 04:28:16 AM »
Found another possible bug. Seems I can't put Knight's Courage on Knight of the Red Helm. Seeing as the only requirements are living and knight, I can't seem to find a reason for this, so either I'm missing something or it's a bug.

Also, Alandell seems to have a typo. It thinks it only has 2 dice at base.

EDIT: Apparently Knight's Courage can't attach to anything....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 04:38:09 AM by Milevan_Faent »

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 06:57:19 AM »
Found another possible bug. Seems I can't put Knight's Courage on Knight of the Red Helm. Seeing as the only requirements are living and knight, I can't seem to find a reason for this, so either I'm missing something or it's a bug.

Also, Alandell seems to have a typo. It thinks it only has 2 dice at base.

EDIT: Apparently Knight's Courage can't attach to anything....

Alandell is working fine, if you type 0 for what you want to pay then he still rolls 4 dice. There must have been some other effect on him

I've fixed Knight's Courage for the next release

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 07:07:16 AM »
Just tested Alandell again and figured out what was wrong. Tested him against an Earth Elemental, which is resistant to his damage type XD No wonder it was weaker than it was suppose to be. Automation > Me fml

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 08:20:11 AM »
Just tested Alandell again and figured out what was wrong. Tested him against an Earth Elemental, which is resistant to his damage type XD No wonder it was weaker than it was suppose to be. Automation > Me fml

It's always fun to find out the hard way  ;D.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 07:55:16 PM »
I've just finished a bit more maintenance, here's the next update I'm pushing out in a min.

1.15.9:
-I've updated Curse Item so that it will fully automate (choice to keep the cursed equipment, choosing no will destroy it, yes will give you 2 damage)
- Naiya will now channel extra in a shallow sea
- Afflicted Demon will flip with 2 weak tokens. Moving them is still manual
- Grapple is semi-automated. The creature with the grapple token will automatically roll 2 less dice against anyone. Since it can only attack its grappler, that shouldn't be a problem. Creatures with flying will lose it properly as well. I haven't implemented a solution to figure out grapple ownership yet (Meaning with multiple grapples going on, keep track who which creature is whose prey). This is important for Drokkar's tailspike. Currently he'll roll 2 dice extra against every creature with a grapple token, not just "his" prey. Should only become a problem if there are multiple grapples in a zone.
- Slam/Incapacitate effects will now remove flying as it should.
- Sistarran Robes has been fixed and properly gives armor now