March 28, 2024, 02:42:08 PM

Author Topic: 8 cm x 6 cm information cards  (Read 5374 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
8 cm x 6 cm information cards
« on: September 04, 2016, 06:14:38 AM »
Tom Vassal talked about they (Arcane Wonders) made a mistake when they made PvS, by not providing information about Paladins Aura in handy little cards.

I absolutely agree. Every time we play Paladin vs Siren this comes up, nobody have brought the rules so we just wing it (which is fine)

I would be nice to have a copy of that in your spellbook. Would be great as you could hand those mage specific cards to your opponent so he had a chance vs an unfamiliar mage.

This should be quite easy. Word dok or so in 8cm x 6cm and then upload it here so everybody could download it.
I don't know where to start at any of this, besides my computer is missing so maybe there somebody in the community there would like to do something like this.

Arcane Wonders would have to ok this, but why not?

Heres a list all should be compiled into 8x6 (both sides might be fine?)

Casting spells p 13

Flying p 15

Corporeal & Incorporeal p15

Walls p 17 (pics might be good especially regarding hitting walls with range attacks)

Line of Sight p 17

When can you reveal ? p 19

Equipment Locations p 21

Making an attack p 22

Zone Attacks p 23

Defences p 24

And then all the mage specific information thats not on the ability cards.

The goal would be to be able to play a game of Mage Wars without having to look in the rule books.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: 8 cm x 6 cm information cards
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 06:37:09 AM »
I like the idea, but it cannot be tied to an expansion. The card would more rely on the configuration of your spell book.

Perhaps multiple cards that you can put in the back of your spell book?

On the other hand a printed copy of the codex or even better a PDF on a tablet that you can search in would do the job as well.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 08:20:22 AM »
The Codex is produced as a PDF and the 3.0 version is available on the Resources page. However, I don't believe it has Mage Abilities in it. I have been working on a player aid that would combine all the mage specific rules across expansions in to one document. Once the PDF rules for the Paladin vs Siren expansion are posted I will try to publish a first draft for the community. I will check the 8 cm x 6 cm grid layout for each mage.

What if this info was added to a Battleground tile background?  Future expansions could include all the current mages on otherwise blank terrain. Then you simply build the arena using the 2 or 4 mages selected for that battle.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
For the German Community I built a codex that does just that: Include additional information on the attack process and info on mages.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 06:03:53 PM »
Any luck on anyone making one of these itnsounds like a great idea!?

Hardcordo

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 08:38:40 AM »
I made a reference for the paladin auras in Excel and printed it to keep with the spellbook. I might modpodge it on the inside cover. I am not sure if that is a no no if I happen to take it to a competitive event however. I might try to pretty it up before I do anything too permanent.

As far as other mages I might try something similar for the Druids vines. I can't think of any other mages where I don't have the abilities handy on their stat card. What other mages or abilities would you think really needs a reference? Off the top of me head maybe one of the warlords but I don't have them in front of me.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 01:33:44 PM »
Dwarf Warlord runes might come in handy.

Mostly i would bring stuff like that for the sake of my opponent who might not know my mage as well as me.

Trample would be an example that could be useful just like Unstoppable, how walls work, move steps etc.

"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 05:38:50 AM »
Any luck on anyone making one of these itnsounds like a great idea!?
Sorry, not much progress here. I've been swamped on my new project at work without much time to develop further play aids.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin