April 27, 2024, 02:48:40 PM

Author Topic: My spellbook builder  (Read 239573 times)

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: My spellbook builder
« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2017, 03:09:55 PM »
I don't have any definite plans (timelines) for sorting columns. I have another pet project I have to attend to at the moment.

I can make all the cards previewable in forum only if I have access to forum javascript code and I doubt AW will let me have that :)

PODxt

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2017, 08:28:29 AM »
Thanks, the spellbook is really awesome, very very useful tool!

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
@PODxt: Thanks  ;)

@Borg: all columns are now sortable (only one direction though) 8)

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2017, 02:52:16 AM »
@Borg: all columns are now sortable (only one direction though) 8)

Well, that's a start :)

The "total" column doesn't sort properly though.
"Used" and "Cost" work OK
sorting "max" and "owned" is not necessary really.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:22:48 AM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2017, 03:15:13 AM »
Hi grga,

Walls still don't show in "text export".

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2017, 09:17:21 AM »
Hi,

I got a domain name so you can now access the builder on www.spellbookbuilder.com

If you had some spellbooks saved previously they will not be available once you start using the new domain new so I would suggest to export them using the old url and import them into the new one. This is a side effect of using local browser storage...

I'll keep the old url alive for some time to let everyone transition smoothly.

Cheers
How did you come up with that name? It's so creative! So abstract.... It will be hard to remember it!  8)

Serious: really nice! I am surprised that this name was free to have. As if there has never been any spellbookbuilder in the internet before. Good find!

LOL. Sure beats http://www.unofficialfanmademagewarsspellbookbuilderandcarddatabase.pleasedontsueme.ru or something like that.

Would have been better as mwspellbookbuilder.com imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2017, 12:10:37 PM »
Both issues fixed (sorting and export), thanks for reporting.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 13, 2017, 12:18:09 PM »
No complaints? No requests? Is it possible that everything is working fine? :)

I added some basic google analytics a few weeks ago just to see if anyone is actually using the spellbook builder.
It turns out there are 33 sessions on an average day and about 90 people are using the spellbook builder on a weekly basis. It is more than I expected to be honest and I'm quite pleased with the results.

Cheers

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #188 on: May 13, 2017, 12:31:26 PM »

Well, if you insist...

Would be good to be able to toggle between "Arena" and "Academy", with "Arena" showing all cards and promos while "Academy" only shows Academy cards and promos, limits you to 40 spell book points, and applies other Academy spell book building rules (e.g. triple cost schools apply to Novice for Priestess and Warlock), and having Academy mage cards/abilities. Should be independent of what sets you own (e.g. shouldn't have to claim you own "0" Arena sets in order to switch to Academy spell book building mode).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:00:18 PM by iNano78 »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
My spellbook builder
« Reply #189 on: May 13, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »

Well, if you insist...

Would be good to be able to toggle between "Arena" and "Academy", with "Arena" showing all cards and promos while "Academy" only shows Academy cards and promos, limits you to 40 spell book points according to the Academy rules for spell book building (e.g. triple cost schools apply to Novice, too), and having Academy mage cards/abilities. Should be independent of what sets you own (e.g. shouldn't have to claim you own "0" Arena sets in order to switch to Academy spell book building mode).

That's not correct. Novice trait in academy is the same as in Arena. The warlock and priestess have ability cards that specifically state that they pay triple for enemy school spells even if novice. The Beastmaster does not.

I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #190 on: May 13, 2017, 01:00:37 PM »

Well, if you insist...

Would be good to be able to toggle between "Arena" and "Academy", with "Arena" showing all cards and promos while "Academy" only shows Academy cards and promos, limits you to 40 spell book points according to the Academy rules for spell book building (e.g. triple cost schools apply to Novice, too), and having Academy mage cards/abilities. Should be independent of what sets you own (e.g. shouldn't have to claim you own "0" Arena sets in order to switch to Academy spell book building mode).

That's not correct. Novice trait in academy is the same as in Arena. The warlock and priestess have ability cards that specifically state that they pay triple for enemy school spells even if novice. The Beastmaster does not.

Thanks. Clarified above.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2017, 08:48:51 AM »
That sounds like a really good improvement. I ordered all three academy sets a few weeks ago, but am still waiting for the last one to arrive. Once I have them I'll check the rules and I'll add the academy mages to the list. When academy mages are selected you will only be able to use academy spells and spell cost will be done properly for each mage. Sounds good?

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2017, 10:11:13 AM »
I would still live to have the searchbar above the table not below. I use your builder exclusively on a mobile phone. Everything is working perfect with that. The only thing is that I scroll up and down the whole time.

Since you already stated that you want to keep the bar down there, maybe a solution would be to fix it at he bottom so that the bar is always visible and is detached from the table (so you only scroll cards)

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2017, 07:52:35 AM »
Hi guys,

Finally got my Academy sets and am getting ready to add Academy mode.

Would like to add the latest/upcoming Academy Forcemaster, anyone got their hands on spell images? Is it available for presale somewhere?

Cheers

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2017, 02:12:07 PM »
Hi guys,

Support for Academy mages has been added (the 4 I have). When you select an Academy mage spells from non-academy sets cannot be used. I don't play Academy so I don't know if there is something I missed. Let me know.

Cheers